TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM "Unknown Treasure" RELEASED 12-05-2007

Clearinghouse
    Thanks, UliB! I've already found it!

Sorry, clearing, misunderstood where you were
    spoiler:
    the only way I could get back was via the 'bridge' - not a place to dawdle...

Thank you for this mission! My husband and I had a good laugh over the Williams' little domestic dispute -- POW! Right in the kissah!

3 questions:
    spoiler:
    1. I'm standing at the lava river. Do I have to give the pagan his juice before I proceed here?

spoiler:
    2. I haven't given the pagan his juice yet because the zombies killed the mechs (and the guards to the sinking house) and have taken over the mech yard where the juice is. If I try to grab the bait and throw it back into the graveyard will they go for it again? Will I be able to shut the gate on them?

3. It's almost impossible to climb a rope -- it throws me off the planet and I die when I land! Is this the deathstage thing everyone talks about?

redleaf :
    spoiler:
    Yes, if you have the treasures - once you use them, I doubt there's any way back. If you don't have them yet, you have to go back to town anyway (to get 3 of them).

spoiler:
    No idea if the bait can be used again (interesting idea though - may be worth a try). But if you can reach that safely, perhaps you should try for the juice bottle.

spoiler:
    The deathstage 12 concerns broadheads (in this case). Not sure where you're trying to use a rope-arrow, but if it's at the stairs in the sloping house, try to place it (in the ceiling) as close as you can to the opposite - upslope - wall. If you're still dying, you may have encountered some strange bug; haven't heard of anyone else having such a problem in this FM.

Hope this helps

Clearinghouse
    I have Basso's ring. Where bring this is a ring?

Just curious, did anyone feel a bit sick wandering around the sunken house? When I was testing, it made me feel right bad! That place is disorientating!

Definitely had to approach doorways a bit differently!

clearing :
    spoiler:
    the place is more-or-less opposite the Williams' (north of, I think) - door is next to the little grassy area on the way to the sloping house. Leave it upstairs with the guy sleeping. (If you haven't got that objective yet, read the book there before dropping the ring

Clearinghouse
    Thanks, Sticky Fingers!
    Finished on Insane. Total loot 6934??? Cool. I have only 4300.
    Great level. Awesome mission! Thanks, GORT

Just to let everyone know. The total loot number is correct in each difficulty (I guess I may need to make a loot list...). Also, this whole FM was ment to be a two parter. I'm working the other part right now.
    In the second part, (Warning! FM ending spoiler!)
    spoiler:
    Garrett is trying to find a way out of this strange icy cave. He's got to be careful not to get frozen.
    So far, things are looking up. I'm trying to get more custom AIs in the FM.

I had the slow loading problem in version 1.0, and it has started again in 1.11. Do the AI spawn in this game? Might that be part of the problem?

I've got to say I'm having so much fun with this mission. I've got 2 hours of game time, haven't completed a single objective and I couldn't care less! I've been climbing all over the place...got some nice backstage screen shots.

Time to break for lunch.

Whew!!

What a cool mission! Congratulations GORT and thank you!

I just finished playing -- on insane, because I forgot that this is a GORT mission: it's guaranteed to be extra difficult. Had a hard time (spent well over 4 hrs on this one).

I had to look for help on three occasions:
    spoiler:
    how to make gem plates frobbable (and I had been all over the place, including the lava caves, it just never occurred to me to take a closer look at those pillars

Also, I never realized that
    spoiler:
    you had to have the loot objective completed before you got into the sunken house
    -- a clever move!

Also, I was only able to figure out
    spoiler:
    the secret under the stairs by reading a post (I forget by whom)
    Whoever posted about
    spoiler:
    the button in the caves was of big help as well (having already been there once via the longer route).

I didn't lose a single health point in the lava caves but I quick save a lot so ...

I was going to look for help for getting into the mansion but
    spoiler:
    then I black jacked a guy with a mini journal ...

I loved the AIs and scripts, I really got a kick out of getting
    spoiler:
    the zombies kill all those pesky guards

Again, what a great mission! Thank you!

Where is the cemetary and how to get in?

How do I get in the attic? I unlocked it with the key to open the door and used the switch to lower the ladder, but can not climb all the way up the ladder. I moved to the side and even tried to mantle. Rope arrows do not work either. I am getting tired of getting stuck in the ladder and wall and being unable to move. Any help appreciated!

Sting

Loading problem and loot

I think the loading error (which takes about 5 minutes per load!!) occurs only when the green guards in front of Yangus house get killed (either by you or the zombies). And actually this can happen quite often... may habe to do something with the objective "not to confront the guards..." which is only active in the vicinty of the house...so...

Another question: I am missing 1500 loot and as being a Dromed cheater I have seen its linked to one purse that should be teleported to the graveyard after acomplishing a goal (the zombie/mech/pagan goal). How do I get it? I have all goals active and canīt imagine what I did wrong...

In all aspects an absolutely great and huge FM! Thanks GORT!

Florian

I haven't killed the guards in front of the Yangus house, I have blackjacked them. I also did this before the "not to confront the guards..." objective appeared.

Presumably other players will also encounter the slow loading problem in the 'fixed' release. It would be good if we could get to the bottom of this issue, as it renders the game effectively unfinishable, and otherwise the FM seems to have a very great deal to recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    ...I have seen its linked to one purse that should be teleported to the graveyard after acomplishing a goal (the zombie/mech/pagan goal). How do I get it? I have all goals active and canīt imagine what I did wrong...

In all aspects an absolutely great and huge FM! Thanks GORT!
    spoiler:
    Drop the Pagan Juice near the pagan, Hardroot. Once it says objective complete, the loot will be where you first got the zombie bait.

Thats what I did - hope I can try that again, even when the goal was already accomplished....and I donīt have to replay back all of it...the purse of Hardroot was directly next to him and I took it - but not the one in the graveyard. Strange is it not?

@Marbrien: sorry, I also meant blackjack. Both is not allowed and crushes the game I think. Problem is: game assumes, that you may not confront the guards, but can do that as you say before the goal appears. And exactly that is what the game not assumes...and crashes. My humble assumption

Thanks Florian

It might be helpful if the author gives his opinion here too? After all, he must have some idea what is causing the problem otherwise he couldn't have posted an updated release. Thanks.

@ GORT: Checked the loot thing again - I got the bait from the pagan himself and he also dropped the purse but that was not the purse I am looking for...this should appear in the cemetary and after the goal is checked off I canīt take the juice again. So if thats how I can do it i will have to reload again

Where is the cemetery?

Where is the stolen crown?

Williams mentioned
    spoiler:
    a warehouse, but I was at the warehouse and there was nothing but some loot and a dogheaded tall creature!

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    @ GORT: Checked the loot thing again - I got the bait from the pagan himself and he also dropped the purse but that was not the purse I am looking for...this should appear in the cemetary and after the goal is checked off I canīt take the juice again. So if thats how I can do it i will have to reload again

Rats! That purse was suppose to be there. I've found out why it's not working right. The trigger had "!1:goal_state_9" instead of "=1:goal_state_9". Sorry about that...

Big question...

I hate to annoy anyone, but do any of you think I should update the FM one last time? I want to make all of the loot grabable.

Where is the cemetery?

Where is the stolen crown?

GORT, the only annoying thing is no matter how much I work with knocking out city guards, there will be more and more, just like in some Quake style game!

Update question

Actually I would only update if there is also a possibility to delete the save/load bug. Only because of the loot...I donīt think so. Better release the next part sooner...

But letīs ask the others

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast