TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM "Unknown Treasure" RELEASED 12-05-2007

Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
    I think the loading error (which takes about 5 minutes per load!!) occurs only when the green guards in front of Yangus house get killed (either by you or the zombies). And actually this can happen quite often... may habe to do something with the objective "not to confront the guards..." which is only active in the vicinty of the house...so...

Another question: I am missing 1500 loot and as being a Dromed cheater I have seen its linked to one purse that should be teleported to the graveyard after acomplishing a goal (the zombie/mech/pagan goal). How do I get it? I have all goals active and canīt imagine what I did wrong...

In all aspects an absolutely great and huge FM! Thanks GORT!
    Wow this happened to me too after I KO'd the two guards while they were headed back to the mansion. My load times went to around 5 minutes and the frame rate went in half. Not only that but the game started to crash to the desktop and my saves after that point were unusable.
    I had to go back and do an earlier save and now must go through much of the game again. This after over 3 hrs of total gameplay.

DO NOT kill or KO the two guards after ringing the bell sending them to to check the cemetery. You'll be soorrrry.....

Strange problem!?

I had gotten about halfway through this mission, killed most of the guards, even been to the sinking house and the lava caves. Figured I needed to do the pagan mission so went to Hardroot's location and found him. . . DEAD! What the heck? As a test reloaded a saved game from near the beginning and went directly to pagan's area and he was fine and everything worked properly after that. So now I have the choice of starting almost over or giving up. Do I understand correctly that
    spoiler:
    you have to do the pagan quest before any of the treasures become frobable?
    This is a great mission and I'd sure like to complete it. Any ideas would be much appreciated. . .

Where is the cemetery?

Where is the stolen crown?

OK, the above makes sense as I'd reluctantly given up on this because it became too choppy to play and I had KO'd those 2 guards. Right, I'll see if I can find a save before that point.

@ ticky - sorry, I only ever found it by running around.

It would be really nice to have a map.
    Last edited by nickie; 9th Dec 2007 at 15:09.

ok and where is the office key in Yangus house? I can't find it anywhere!

1. There is a purple door a few streets back from the Yangus house. Which key opens it?

2. Where is the attic key?

3. How to get into the sunken house (yes, i've completed the loot goal and other 3 extra goals too)
    Last edited by ticky; 9th Dec 2007 at 15:50. Reason: previous problem solved but there's always a next one just like in rotb

Basso's gift?

Need help here. Where the heck is it exactly?

Sticky Fingers:
    spoiler:
    I didn't have a lot of trouble in the tilted house, and got into the attic after only one "death by rope".
    I decided to download the 1.11 version and start again. Then I had bad reload problems using the saves from the old version, so I'm starting again.

My problem is with rope arrows everywhere i use them in this mission. When I jump onto the rope, it flings me off miles away from it and usually kills me. I have to approach it verrry carefully, and jump up with as tiny a jump as possible if I'm going to be able to climb it.

spoiler:
    And this time I'll give the juice to the pagan before I proceed to the house.
    But from what I read here, I won't have the satisfaction of getting the loot because of an error in writing the goal?

UPDATE - I VOTE YES!

I vote YES on the update, because it's a shame that after you accomplish something difficult, you come away feeling disappointed because the game failed to see it and give you the promised reward. There are probably many, many fans out there who haven't played this game yet and will do so in the future. An excellent mission like this should make you feel great about making it through!

And maybe update the README file with a warning about the loading bug if it can't be fixed -- just so the player doesn't think something else has gone wrong and trashes the game and starts again ... and again (like me )

OK, I will update it. I just wish I knew what's is exactly causing the problem. I know that I did exceed the brush limit.
    I guess I better start taking out a few things that won't effect the whole FM (lesser zombies perhaps...). This might be the cause of it.

Yes, yes, thank you, Gort!

Those darned zombies -- get Gloria Creep to take care of 'em for ya!

d. Dec 2017
    Another new problem is affecting my game play. The gamma is out of whack, so to speak. The whites get very, very bright; the dark colors and
    shadows go totally black. I am unable to adjust it in my options or on my keyboard so I cannot continue the game at this point.

Now that I know bopping the guards in front of the one house will cause choppiness in my game and slowwwww reloading, I hope I can find a prior hard save so I can continue this most excellent FM.

Thanks for all your hard work, GORT!

I am having a consistent crashing problem with the latest version (1.1):

spoiler:

I think it is related to the timed removal of the stone lava bridge that assists your exit from the lava river. (you press a button to reveal the bridge).

As soon as the bridge descends in the lava, my game would crash. I have tried to leave the house as fast as I can and every time I still get "caught" by what I think is the bridge going down and my game crashes.

Any tips/workarounds would be helpful. I have finished all other game objectives EXCEPT getting the treasures. I currently have the red treasure on me.

This FM is a bit of a system hog. I had a crash in that area whilst testing, and rebooting fixed it.

Quote Originally Posted by elkston View Post
    I am having a consistent crashing problem with the latest version (1.1):

spoiler:

I think it is related to the timed removal of the stone lava bridge that assists your exit from the lava river. (you press a button to reveal the bridge).

As soon as the bridge descends in the lava, my game would crash. I have tried to leave the house as fast as I can and every time I still get "caught" by what I think is the bridge going down and my game crashes.

Any tips/workarounds would be helpful. I have finished all other game objectives EXCEPT getting the treasures. I currently have the red treasure on me.
    Hmmm...
    I guess I'll need to remove those steaming rocks that follow down the lava river every once in a while as well.

My Goodness! I just brought Mrs Williams the thing she wanted, and she walked over and slugged ME! What was that all about?

A question about the juice:
    spoiler:
    I found it much easier to ko the mech guards and grab the juice than to get through the crush of zombies if you let them get in there. But I wonder if I should trouble myself to keep playing with that version? Will the juice objective still tick off when I give it to the pagan? Can I wait to let the zombies out until that little doohickey in the graveyard becomes frobbable? I'm guessing that's one of the treasures?

Quote Originally Posted by redleaf View Post
    A question about the juice:
    spoiler:
    I found it much easier to ko the mech guards and grab the juice than to get through the crush of zombies if you let them get in there. But I wonder if I should trouble myself to keep playing with that version? Will the juice objective still tick off when I give it to the pagan? Can I wait to let the zombies out until that little doohickey in the graveyard becomes frobbable? I'm guessing that's one of the treasures?
    spoiler:
    You can still complete that objective. I guess I'd better make it so the zombie objective get canceled out after completeing that objective in the update.

Got it!

Quote Originally Posted by bobber View Post
    Need help here. Where the heck is it exactly?
    Realized that it
    spoiler:
    was the magical ring
    which I had was Basso's gift!

4.5 hours to finish this one including playing half of it over. Whew!

Damn!! I was enjoying this FM tremendously, but then the load time started seriously lagging and when I got to the Estate (where you get the objective NOT to confront the guards - I thought I'd try to get in there first because I didn't feel like confronting the zombie horde) it quit loading altogether & seized up. I think the trouble started after I released the zombies, which I'm now having trouble dealing with (yes, I went back because I got too frustrated with the game freezing up repeatedly at the Estate) since, a.) there are too DAMNED MANY OF THEM ( ), and b.) the lag in gameplay (framerate slowdown?) is making it nearly impossible to use the speed potion to dash in, grab the pagan's juice-thingy, & get out alive. Those frackin' nasties kill me every single time.

I saw that there is an update available, but it didn't sound like the update addressed the lag time in loading & gameplay. Does it? Seems the farther I get in this FM, the slower the gameplay; I feel like I'm trying to run underwater after taking too much LSD.

Sorry Gort. Other than the lag times and all those damned zombies, I was enjoying myself very much; I really would have liked to finish this FM. I just can't sit there all morning either waiting for it to reload after I've had to end the program because it wasn't responding, or getting frustrated because even the most simple movements are warped and take forever.

Hope you can fix it because everything else about this FM is top-notch!

P.S. Please don't take any of the above personally, okay?

Hi Gort,

Great new mission. I've really enjoyed it. However, I do have one little problem. Yangus fell in the water and drowned. Now when I try to return the magic ring to the guy sleeping, the death skull comes up and ends my game telling me I have to kill Yangus before he destroys the ring??? I made it to the ice caves and nothing happens.

Thanxs,

Hope Vincent

Jeezem Beezem, looks like Gort's got his hands full with this one! But it's a beauty. Don't lose heart, Gort! A lot of taffers are gonna have fun with your mission. And I finally finished!!!

Lava guardians:
    spoiler:
    Surprising how easily they were vanquished -- only 2 water arrows each.

The final objective never checked, even though I completed all the tasks and made it through to the ending place. Strange ending -- must be a prelude to the next one?

Where is the key to the
    spoiler:
    attic of the sunken house?

EDIT:
    spoiler:
    opened it with my trusty sword
    Last edited by SlyFoxx; 10th Dec 2007 at 11:45.

attic key:
    spoiler:
    I think it was in the journal writer's new house on a windowsill. The window is set apart at the end of a short corridor. This window is only a texture, but there are other windows on the landing which are open to a view of the outside. The key doesn't appear on the sill until you go up a flight or 2 to the guy's office. His journal is on a desk and when you read it you get a nasty surprise. You can grab the key on the way back downstairs.

Have you been there/done that yet?
    I only played on average this time. I hope that's not the "key to some kind of safe" I'm remembering.

Yep. The elite thief is quiet as a ... WAKE UP YOU SNOOZLE-HEADED SNOGS THE THIEF IS IN THE BUILDING!!!!!! BANGBANGBANGBANGBANG ... *ka-ching!*

Well against my better judgement I
    spoiler:
    proceeded through attic and made my way to the end of the lava caves. But I had no jeweled plaques because I can't pick any of them up. I reloaded to a save after I did the loot objective (4000) and found the attic key but I still can't pick up any of the gem plaques. Ideas anyone?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast