TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM "Unknown Treasure" RELEASED 12-05-2007

Can't find one of the gems.

I see in this thread the it is in Yangus's house I think i have been everywhere, but not sure i know who he is. I was thinking it was the house, with the guard the appears, after i read the diary. It also, says here that the Office Key is in the same house If this is the right house, i have searched everywhere. Can someone point me in the right direction, please.

The Yangus estate is the large two-stores mansion pretty much in a corner of the map. It´s the part where the mission fails if you get seen.

More Help Please

Since, there is no map. And there are 4 corners, I have no idea, where you might be talking about. I am assuming it is not the house, with the guard that appears from nowhere? Point me in the right direction. North, East, South, West. Is it by something else that is marked clearly. I must have been everywhere else. More info. please.

It's the south-side of the city. Be careful. Try your best to not get seen. Before you go there, make sure that you started the ring quest. That way, you can kill two birds with one stone.

I've gone through this thread and saw that even experienced thieves failed to get all the loot in this mission (1000 or 2000 are 'missiing'). Anyone has or plan to make a lootlist for this?

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    I've gone through this thread and saw that even experienced thieves failed to get all the loot in this mission (1000 or 2000 are 'missiing'). Anyone has or plan to make a lootlist for this?
    I´ll upload a lootlist when I get home. IIRC, it´s exactly 1500 that can not be obtained.

Thanks. Then WHERE/WHAT the hell is the other 1500 AT/FOR?????

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Thanks. Then WHERE/WHY the hell is the other 1500 AT/FOR?????
    If I remember Freddy Fox´ description correctly, it´s all tied to a purse that is supposed to appear in the graveyard after the zombies leave it, but the link isn´t working. Something like that...

OK, here is the lootlist.
    Last edited by jiansonz; 3rd Feb 2010 at 11:24.

Yeah, I'm planning to re-make this FM, but it's being delayed at the moment due to some personal things that I'm dealing with. Also, I'm working on TROTB2.

I'm looking forward to that remake. Only embarrassing bugs are the loot and the Yangus house quicksaves for me. (Whenever I quicksave at the Yangus estate during a guard speaking/Yangus walking, the great conversation between Yangus and Sir Manson restarts, or the NO ALERT objective fails after a reload )

NewDark 64³ Contest Winner
    I found a possible way to get all the loot.

If you stack enough crates here, (where the secret is)

You can climb up to that higher ledge and walk across to the white building then jump around to the cliffs behind the sinking house. Upon the cliffs is the pouch of gold (yes I cheated to find out where the missing loot is.) But what's a poor thief to do.

Fun but what a mess!

I like the town design, and there are some enjoyable surrealistic moments, but it has to be said, this is a real dog's dinner of a mission. I'm now over 3 hours into it but I might just pretend I've finished. Sorting out the rest of this mess may be too much for my delicate nerves

Anyone tried this in the Yangus estate?

It works and the game won't quit due to the "don't alert anyone' objective.

I like it! That objective ruined my playthrough last time - saving just after I failed it. Even though I was almost finished with the mission, I still want to replay it because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    If I remember Freddy Fox´ description correctly, it´s all tied to a purse that is supposed to appear in the graveyard after the zombies leave it, but the link isn´t working. Something like that...

OK, here is the lootlist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xorak View Post
    I found a possible way to get all the loot.

If you stack enough crates here, (where the secret is)

<...image...>

You can climb up to that higher ledge and walk across to the white building then jump around to the cliffs behind the sinking house. Upon the cliffs is the pouch of gold (yes I cheated to find out where the missing loot is.) But what's a poor thief to do.
    Yes, this lootlist requires an update on the last purse on the list (1500g) - which is stated to be unobtainable.
    I found another way to get it, but I guess Yorak's solution is probably the intended one.
    I managed to jump over the fence right at the top of the sunken house.
    And from there go to the very top.
    I finished with 5/4 secrets and 6934 loot (on 'Insane') after more then 5 hours.
    And I wonder what devil had taken control over GORT to hide all the loot in such EVIL way
    GORT, I hope you have not dropped DromED into the bin, have you ?
    I want MORE !!

@ gnartsch
    I'm not done with DromEd just yet. I'm still working on "The Rebellion of the Builder 2". After that, I'll be re-making "Unknown Treasure" with at least 2 missions in it.

So, I won't be leaving DromEd anytime soon.

Awesome !
    I wanted to replay 'Rebellion of the Builder' anyway.
    I just looked up your entry on the 'Upcoming FMs' : ... working on mission 9 ...
    Oh dear !

Yes, "The Rebellion of the Builder 2" is going to be quite big. I was projecting it to be 10 missions long, but it looks like I'll may need to add a bit more. I've been trying a lot of new things with that FM set.

Clearinghouse
    Sounds awesome

is there a walkthrough?

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    Thanks,this helps a lot

Stupid lava ledges.

I have tried for hours, how do you get up this ledge?

Quote Originally Posted by vincentlancon View Post
    I have tried for hours, how do you get up this ledge?
    You should be able to climb up here. Just don't get too close to the ledge that you are underneath it, or you'll just jump backwards. I've just tried it out and it should be a climbable part of the ledge.

Yes, that's right. Stand as far back as possible where a mantle can still be done. Hold down the button until you have completed a tiny extra 'hop' at the top. Works every time for me.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast