TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Thief 2 FM "Unknown Treasure" RELEASED 12-05-2007

nope

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    Yes, that's right. Stand as far back as possible where a mantle can still be done. Hold down the button until you have completed a tiny extra 'hop' at the top. Works every time for me.
    Nope, still can't for the life of me mantle up this ledge. would it have killed the author to add a step there.

Quote Originally Posted by vincentlancon View Post
    Nope, still can't for the life of me mantle up this ledge. would it have killed the author to add a step there.
    At the time I made this FM, I couldn't because of the brush limit in version 1.18. After I'm done with TROTB 2, this FM may get a serious makeover to match TROTB 2's version, and the second mission will be added.

I am having some trouble with this mission. I made it into the sunken house and have opened the attic but I have no idea how to get into the attic. I don't see a lever or switch anywhere to lower a ladder and I currently don't have any rope arrows at this point. Is a rope arrow required? This sunken house is also making me extremely nauseous to maneuver around in so I want out of it as soon as possible.

Sounds like you're playing the NDV of this FM set. There's a button on the left side, inside the opening. Use an arrow to activate it. If you can't see it, get out a flare and toss it in that general area to reveal it. Hope that helps.

Ok, thanks Gort. I'll give that a try. It's completely dark in that attic so I didn't notice any button but I'll toss a flare up there and see.

In all the years I have played Thief 2 (since 2002), I seriously don't recall ever giving up on a mission but I am very much so considering giving up on this one. I have been playing this mission (new dark version of Unknown Treasure) for several hours and have not solved even one objective. I have gotten new objectives but have not solved even one. The deal ender for me is the lava cave area after the nauseating sunken house. I only had two water arrows going in and spent them on the first two floating fire balls. I then spent a great deal of time jumping across ropes above the lava and then flipping an impossible to see lever inside some tree looking structure with fire in it (only because I found out here on the forums that I was supposed to do that). But I never saw what flipping that lever did and by this time I had really just had it with this mission. Don't get me wrong, there are a ton of great things about the mission and that's why I really wanted to see it through, but ugghhh. This one has just worn me out. All the multiple times I fell into that lava then to get shot at repeatedly by the fireballs and having no water arrows. I think I need a break for a while and maybe come back to it another day.

Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    At the time I made this FM, I couldn't because of the brush limit in version 1.18. After I'm done with TROTB 2, this FM may get a serious makeover to match TROTB 2's version, and the second mission will be added.
    Then why not simply have made the ledge a little lower?

new_mantle is enabled, but I too cannot climb onto this same ledge in the lava caves. Had to reload from a previous save and take a crate - that worked.
    Last edited by Marbrien; 19th Mar 2016 at 12:52.

Extremely difficult campaign... holy crap. I somehow managed to finish the 1st mission, but now in the 2nd I think there's a bug with the ice bridge that forms above the blue ice...one of the ice blocks vanishes in front of me before I can jump on it:

https://s31.postimg.org/rfsnio5m3/th...4_03_48_92.png

Or is it intentional? But in that case I just can't make it at all...and I had to disable and reenable Newmabntle to get that far even

It's funny I originally hadn't checked who the author was, but the difficulty reminded me of Rebellion of the Builder (the most brutal campaign I ever played, I can't finish it).
    Then I checked...yep, same author

Hats off GORT, I think you broke the record for the most challenging missions ever created

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Hats off GORT, I think you broke the record for the most challenging missions ever created
    I'm guessing you haven't played Elevator Mission yet.

No, but it's on the list

Speed Potion on "Insane"

I'm trying to figure out how to get the speed potion perched on a window sill. Apparently it's one of the secrets in the mission. You must have to drop down and frob it on your way to the pavement but I can't even find a way up to the rooftops at this location. But I'm still looking.

later.....

I got onto the rooftop but you're not supposed to be there since it puts you outside of the mission parameters. I jumped down to try to frob the speed potion, missed constantly, and died a miserable heap. So you can't get to it from the roof which means you have to somehow climb up to it (which so far I see as impossible).
    Last edited by nickie; 1st Jun 2017 at 14:41. Reason: Added spoiler cover

I solved it myself, but the process was injurious.

The top of the window sill is wooden, but that is easy to miss. Your rope placement is very tightly defined. A successful attachment will allow you to ascend, but not necessarily to the sill itself. You have to mantle to land on the sill, grab the speed potion, then try to descend. I couldn't do that so I had to release the rope arrow and fall, sustaining damage.

Mantle Nightmare

Has there been a fix for the difficult mantling issue in the lava caves. I'm about to walk away from this FM. I can't even return to bring back a crate (which I'm loathe to do on ANY mission). I got as far as trying to get past the first cave by climbing up the next level. Couldn't do it. I explored the area for something/anything to stack. Couldn't even kill fire guard and use his corpse. The boulders that fall down the lava falls aren't frobable. Then trying to get out via stalactites, I couldn't latch onto the next one in order to get out.

If you mean those 'narrowly wedgy' steps in the lava caves, then I found the solution there to be:

* Stand as far away from the step as you possibly can where a mantle is still possible.
    * Mantle, and keep holding down the button for a while. Garrett makes an extra little "hop" on top of the platform. Now he isn't stuck on the edge.

I did try that, but unsuccessfully. I noticed while keeping my finger on the button that there was a "shimmer" on the ledge i was trying to get up on, thinking that something was happening and it would only be a matter of seconds before the mantling is complete. But alas, nothing.

It's not just the ledges. I tried to get back out of the lava caves to grab a crate, but I could not for the life of me leap from one stalactite to the next, like I did successfully before.

Sorry about the manle problem. I've been pretty busy. I'll try to squeeze in time to fix that as soon as I can.

Ok. I've updated this to v1.11F
    Here's the link: Unknown_Treasure_F1.11.zip

I'll also post the link in 1st post.

Just to let everyone know, this is the old version.
    The NewDark version has NDV in the file name.

Just wanted to clear that up.

dml to fix end game stats, now correctly shows 5 secrets available not 4.

Note: This dml is for the Olddark v1.11 and made especially so that it does not affect the end game stats of the ND version, which you really should play anyway as it is so much bigger and better.

Code:
    DML1
    //T2 FM: The Unknown Treasure (Version 1.11 FINAL) by Shaun M.D. Morin (GORT) / Fix count of secrets: miss21.mis.dml

-Link 2121 2120 "ControlDevice"

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789