TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: Clear Sky News

Don't forget the guy who sells information: "Come over here, I always got something interesting for people like you" iirc.

SShock2.com

'My information might well be of use to you, Stalker'.

My personal favourite is the 'Hello? Hello?' from Sakharov, which one can even hear from outside the mobile lab.

But the winner is definitely the 'Get out of here Stalker!' guy. I want to shoot him in the face every single time I hear him say that. Special annoying points for when he says that even after I've become friends with Duty (I swear that I thought that one of the bonuses for befriending Duty would be for the guy to stop saying that).

Why does he say that anyway? Does he own that building or something? Or does he hate Marked One?

Taking the Death Toll
    I don't even get the point of that building. Why do they need a checkpoint when they've got a perfectly good one less than like 200 feet away, and moreover they've not got a similar building on the other end of the Bar area.

He's guarding the back entrance to the duty base. Well it's not really the back entrance, but if you were a bit more mobile you could squeeze through a gap or a window there. It's a sensible place to post a guard, even if he's annoying.

Sometimes the Duty base gets attacked, those times I hope they manage to take out that get-out-of-here-stalker dude.

Happened in one of my games, he got creamed by some Military. My delight turned into distress soon tho, since it was in ye olden times when the patch which fixed being marked murderer for shooting enemies invading the bar area didnt exist yet.

Fine you jerks have it your way, next time ill stand around and point and laugh while you get shot

Btw the Alive Mod makes most of these guys shut up. But its obviously too late for most of you, the voices already etched into your memories, forever haunted

I don't know if I read it correctly, but does this news update means the date August 31 is not for release?

Online Translation:

Terms of videocompetition are prolonged
    In connection with numerous requests for prolongation of terms of videocompetition, company GSC Game World has decided to meet participants.

Reception of videoworks on motives of a computer game "S.T.A.L.K.E.R." will be carried out till August, 31st, 2008.
    Totals of competition will be brought in the end of September, 2008 then prizes will be sent to winners.

Not necessarily, it's just a deadline for competition, it may or may not coincide with release date.

Well it's not really the back entrance, but if you were a bit more mobile you could squeeze through a gap or a window there.
    AFAIR, there is even a door to the Duty base inside the hangar.

Does that mean there's a Stalker fanmovie contest but only russian speakers really know about it?
    (I was going to do one of those. Even figured some locations. Costuming not so straightforward.)

Not that it means much but on steam the ETA is May, are you sure it was pushed to the summer?

Quote Originally Posted by GRRRR View Post
    Btw the Alive Mod makes most of these guys shut up. But its obviously too late for most of you, the voices already etched into your memories, forever haunted
    You got that right, I chose to not install the sound fix simply because it'd feel too weird not hearing the repeated chatter.

My favorite is "Hello, hello"

Clearly radiation affects the speech centre of the brain first and foremost.

ZylonBane
    Fortunately, Zone Reclamation Project fixes all the most annoying dialog. No more GET OUT OF HERE STALKER, GET OUT OF HERE STALKER, GET OUT OF HERE STALKER, GET OUT OF HERE STALKER...

Quote Originally Posted by Muzman View Post
    Does that mean there's a Stalker fanmovie contest but only russian speakers really know about it?
    (I was going to do one of those. Even figured some locations. Costuming not so straightforward.)
    Yes, but I guess others are welcome too.

Not that it means much but on steam the ETA is May, are you sure it was pushed to the summer?
    No

Taking the Death Toll
    Well shit.

I'm personally not upset, at least I'll have time to replay the original in DX9 mode as I've long intended but still haven't started yet

Plus, from the start a year seemed to me really insufficient for development.

The more time they get to work on the game, the better the end result will be for us STALKER fans.

Exactly. I never believed they'll made it for Q1. No biggie here, as well. I'd like to play it in dx10, but I'd need to get Vista. With later release, I can stay away from it a while longer.

Taking a break
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjossi View Post
    The more time they get to work on the game, the better the end result will be for us STALKER fans.

Seriously.

Something tells me those three dots stand for STALKER's development time and DNF.

Did I hear the reloading sound of a gauss rifle in the end of the video?

Yes you can see Gauss projectile missing the player around 9 secs.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast