TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM, "Bad Debts" (17/12/2007) (UPDATED 17/01/2016)

Thanx to all, I'd picked that up so long ago I'd forgotton about it.

Pistole2k:
    spoiler:
    Key with landlord at the Coronet. His place is down the hall from Garrett's

EDIT : ah, maloo beat me to it.

The banned user, not the game
    i never even ended up finding the pub,the way i opened landlords door was
    spoiler:
    a keg of dyno might=red barrel threw it aginst door and it was wide open i found i think 3 of those red barrels in map probaly more

great mission i will replay it now,does it have more objectives if you play harder settings?
    User was banned by Digital Nightfall on 8-4-2008

I'm just running around achieving nothing here but loving the atmosphere. This FM has that rare characteristic: credibility.

How do I get out of the
    spoiler:
    thieves hideout? I rope arrowed down the hole to where the tourch is lit on the pedistal
    but the door there is unfrobbable. I can't jump out the coal chute where I entered. Help!

bobber:

near the coal chute is a shaft with a ladder, you'll need a crate to get in there

spoiler:
    Same here with the coal chute! Don't tell me I have to lose half my health jumping off a roof ledge!

Quote Originally Posted by 10Brooklyn01 View Post
    spoiler:
    Same here with the coal chute! Don't tell me I have to lose half my health jumping off a roof ledge!
    If you climb out of the window in the room with the big bed, then jump across to one of the ledges and make your way around, you should find a place with a lamp post that will help you get down with no damage.

I just used a rope arrow to get down

ok i am playing expert now,and i got all objective done but i cant find last key to open gate to complete level

when i played easy
    spoiler:
    the key was on a bed after i hit keeper glyphs,but on expert the key did not show up

been every where on map but no downlock key where is it on expert?

That's where I'm stuck too. The glyph said foreverness / foundation (?) and I searched around the area with no luck. Anybody finish on expert yet?

i was thinking maybe we need to find another glyph? to get key

i will check some water areas since i did not explore those yet,i will stay close to the ground as the hint said

Thanks, shadows, that did the trick.

I didn't see it, and when I use that tactic in other missions, I kind of feel like I'm cheating. I wouldn't have to cheat if I could have gotten out the way I came in, so I guess that makes things even!

Quote Originally Posted by Spyrano View Post
    I just used a rope arrow to get down
    I have to say I hate using a flashbomb or various arrows that I can't get back. What if I need a few later? You never know!

WOW!!! Between testing and playing ... and having a small operation .... this is AWESOME!!!
    Lots of FM's to play!!!
    This Christmas will be one of the best!!!

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

well i cant find final key on expert,to open downlock gate,someone please give a spoiler

Keeper of FMs

Mirrors

Looks great! I'm off to play...

Mirror for full version:
    http://www.thief-thecircle.com/download.asp?fid=1276.
    Mirror for Winter version:
    http://www.thief-thecircle.com/download.asp?fid=1277.

On normal and expert you can exit Downlock from two places:

spoiler:
    1) Using the Highgate key which is hidden on a windowsill somewhere in Low Courts on expert
    2) Using the Thieves key and slipping out their back door

thank you emeraldwolf i was able to find exit with thieve key,but i was not able to find the downlock key
    spoiler:
    what window is it on,i check whole area in low area and had no luck,just wondering where it is

Classical Master 2008
    A bit more accurately, to get out,
    On normal, the Keepers leave you a key and a message in your room after your rob your Landlord. You can also steal a key to Highgate from a patrolling guard (he walks around Seeing Square, to the Coronet and back). The third way is the thieves' warehouse across the Hammerite seminary.
    On Hard, the Keepers don't leave you a key, but the other two exits are still available.
    On Expert, the Highgate Key was stolen by a cat and taken to a closed-off courtyard in the Low Courts - or you can go through the thieves' exit, which is the only way to go if you are ghosting.

Quote Originally Posted by Thief4
    great mission i will replay it now,does it have more objectives if you play harder settings?
    No extra objectives, but the loot goal is higher, there are more guards in sensitive places, less equipment in the field; and finally, as above, getting out of Downlock quarter is harder. So actually quite a bit of stuff is different. Try to ghost it, it is not prohibitively hard.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dude
    I'm just running around achieving nothing here but loving the atmosphere. This FM has that rare characteristic: credibility.
    And with that comment, I consider my goals accomplished. Thanks.

Classical Master 2008
    And for the dedicated explorers out there, a challenge: can you find the secret none of the beta-testers did... before Christmas? If you do, post a link with a screenshot for all to marvel at your skills! (You will know what I am talking about when you find it. )

Finished! I finally found the Highgate key. I could have left with the Thieves' key, but I didn't know where the Thieves exit was. I do recall one door that I wasn't able to open and I'm not sure if I tried the Thieves' key on it or not, but I didn't feel like going back to check. A drawback to a nice freeform city district is that backtracking can get tedious. Still a great mission though.

As far as the explorer challenge goes, isn't that the "Bow Upgrade goes here" plaque that's up in the rooftops? If you look further up the thread it seems that Calibrator found this as well. That is if this is the challenge you were referring to.

Classical Master 2008
    Spyrano: no. It is, ah, a bit more screenshot-worthy than that.

Well I knew I missed something (since I took a peek at the books folder after finding the other two), I gave up after searching for a while thinking it probably wasn't that impressive... but it was worth the effort:

Spoilerish so no thumbnail

Clearinghouse
    Dopefish?

Classical Master 2008
    That was... fast. Congratulations, Emerald Wolf!

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast