TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM, "Bad Debts" (17/12/2007) (UPDATED 17/01/2016)

Good stuff, Melan. Played on expert. Great use of the vertical in this mission -- never jumped so many ledges in a mission before. The story and readables were great too, although I wish there could have been more civilians around to make the area feel more populated.

One question:
    spoiler:
    there's a corner off the street behind the armourer's house (out behind the kitchen) with a lever beneath some crates. What does this lever do?

Look up!

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    cardia1 : just read this page
    what page

Congratulations, great mission!
    I love city-FMs

I just finished, and this was one of the best city missions ever. I only got stuck on two objectives. I was trying to deliver the object to the watch authorities, instead of the appropriate authorities...lol I also had a bit of trouble finding my landlords place as I thought it was a watch station at first...lol

I can hardly wait for the next mission.

Sting

cardia1 : I was referring to the very page on which you posted, p4 of this thread, where your questions had already been answered. In fact, I had, in effect, answered half your question 2 posts above yours. Did you have a look before posting?

secret fire arrows in keywell area

referring to the list with possible secrets, there are mentioned fire arrows in keywell area.
    Did somebody found them?
    are they at the east wall, high up? if yes - how can I get them?
    any hints appreciated!

Classical Master 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Urumo View Post
    are they at the east wall, high up?
    spoiler:
    In a fire brazier to the left and above the entrance.

if yes - how can I get them?
    spoiler:
    Lotsa crates.

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    spoiler:
    In a fire brazier to the left and above the entrance.

spoiler:
    Lotsa crates.
    Or a rope arrow...

Calibrator

My first mission, Bad Debts, has been completed just in time for Christmas, and is available for download.
    Melan,

This mission is fantastic for a first effort; even for a seasoned effort!

I still have lots of exploring around to do; but wanted to come on and let you know how much I was enjoying this one.

Passages everywhere; lot's of great places to climb up and into.

I just found the Divine Endowment and I still haven't gone into the blocked off Downlock area, even though I am pretty sure I found the way in via the upper passage over the Seeing Square. (I'm kinda scared to go in there... )

This is a wonderful mission that really has that Thiefy spirit just pouring out of it!

Well done!!!

Martek

Classical Master 2008
    Calibrator: ... yeah? Where? (Surprised by my own mission? )

Calibrator: ... yeah? Where? (Surprised by my own mission? )
    Sorry, I misread that. I meant the fire arrows in another part - not Keywell...

Calibrator

I've sent PMs to Melan several times, but after reading this thread and the many posts, I figured out what I did. I believe that certain areas should have remained off limits until the new objectives were added. I went through many places, and got a total of 3335 loot. Probably missed something major. I broke the game myself where the landlord area was. I climbed up a torch upstairs and onto the walls and behind.

I can't remember too many doors that I couldn't open, but one in particular was in the basement area of the usurer's house.

I actually love climbing all over the place and getting into little nooks and crannies.

I don't think I would have thought about the objective with the armourer and where to place it. In fact, when it says authorities, I went to the city watch area and tried dropping the item there. Don't feel like spoils, so I'm not mentioning too much.

I thought the map was extremely confusing, at least until I got some bearings and figured out places. All the climbing threw me off.

Anyway, I did enjoy the mission and finished it with slight help here. I thought I did the armourer too soon and screwed things up.

Phil

Melan,

this FM is absolutly great, outstanding, breathtaking, stunning. The amount of "vertical" possibilities is unbelievable ! The atmosphere is really deep.
    I'm looking forward to your next work...

P.S.: Has anybody found the gas arrow ??

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    P.S.: Has anybody found the gas arrow ??
    Sure did. Though I could not tell you where I found it!

Martek

Quote Originally Posted by Martek View Post
    Sure did. Though I could not tell you where I found it!

Martek
    There is one on the roof in the vicinity of the Coronet.

Calibrator

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    cardia1 : I was referring to the very page on which you posted, p4 of this thread, where your questions had already been answered. In fact, I had, in effect, answered half your question 2 posts above yours. Did you have a look before posting?
    How stupid i am , i only figure out when i read the post above my one. Anyway thanks. Mission finished , this was a great mission , one of the best i ever played with t1 atmosphere, excellent architecture, gameplay, storline, ambient musics from t1, and great enviroment

thanks for this one Melan, canīt wait for your next one.

Finished! Absolutely great mission! Loved it very, very much! Your first mission? Nah, you`re kidding! What will we expect later on? Great work, my friend!

Things arent working well for me.
    spoiler:
    I went into armourers first and got his pagan book, then when I got the objective I put it in the Hammer's donation chute, but the objective won't check off, also I've got the Landlord's key, but I can't seem to use it anywhere. I tried on the lockbox near the gate near the beginning but that doesn't work. What do I do now?

Nevermind, got it.
    Last edited by Lady Darkone; 27th Dec 2007 at 23:57.

Excellent, excellent mission!

It reminds me of a cross between the city in Assassins and the gameplay in The Haunted Cathedral (minus almost all the undead).

I have just spent 6 hours of glorious, taffing fun with this mission. I did need help with how to leave the area (the hint about which part of the city the key the cat stole can be found in) and what to do with the old sorcerer, but that was it.

As usual these days, I played with a pretty low gamma, so many things were hard to see. I had to brighten it up temporarily to find my way out of the coal cellar.

It took a long time for me to understand where I was on the map. Finding the Seeing Square was the key for that. I like the fact that this square is sort of a nexus between areas, both on ground level and up among the statues.

I finished 320 gold short of the maximum. When I look at the loot list, I think I recognize all those pieces. Maybe I have missed to re-collect something after a reload? Hmm, a replay while making my own loot list is tempting...

I loved the mine ambush in Timmsī place. It got me fair and square. Twice! The second time was hilarious, as I got exploded on my way out - I must have passed within an inch of exploding distance from that mine on the way in!

Like some other players, the many unfrobbable doors confused me. I saved a lot of times and blasted open those doors (with a mine or with the 'Divine Endowment' (is there a specific purpose for this explosive charge, anyway?)).

Loose ends I would like some answers to:

Is there a way to open the gate (with lockbox close to it) near the beginning?

The keeper glyphs were confusing to me. Beyond...Foundation (or something). I could not make anything out of that. Comments?

Speaking of keepers: is there a way to get into their abondoned place? What about the balcony with keeper windows in the other end of the alley? Any way up there?

The passage to Keeper Alley was protected by three mines. I could not find a way to get past them without blowing them up. Is there a way? Because I could sure have use for a couple of more mines...

There is a high building with an open window (the building has a ladder up to what looks like a small pagan hideout if you walk to the right and around it). The room behind the window has one of those 'astronomy' banners on the wall. Any way in there?

Looking at the heavily guarded nothern entrance to the usurerīs house, I saw two open windows on a building to the right. Anyway in there? Or could I already have been in there? (I donīt think I have)

Is there a way into the closed-off part of the city?

Is there a way into the alley by the thievesīhideout, where I see two crates lying around? I thought for sure I could get there by blowing up the door, but that was just a fake door with a wall behind it...

Is there any way into the sewers? I have seen two closed wells that look tempting.

I do not think so, but is there a way to open the large crate in 'Crazy Crate Guyīs hideout'?
    Last edited by jiansonz; 28th Dec 2007 at 04:48.

Armoury

Ithink I am in the armoury, climbed down from above, and I'm experiencing a sudden application shutdown when I go into the passage with the blue "sky" and before entering the room where someone is sleeping.
    I cannot get through the other door as it is full of thieves and well lit.............
    Did anybody experience that?

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    Ithink I am in the armoury, climbed down from above, and I'm experiencing a sudden application shutdown when I go into the passage with the blue "sky" and before entering the room where someone is sleeping.
    I cannot get through the other door as it is full of thieves and well lit.............
    Did anybody experience that?
    that would seem to be the armoury, tile floor & long metal counter with a pile of arrows ?, the guys through the pickable door are guards and are extremely deadly

didn't have an application shutdown there though

Melan - first mission

stunning!

extremely good mission, the architecture linked to itself a little wierdly but the note I found did explain thay nicely, I was a little frustrated at not being able to open some doors or blowing them open and finding there was nothing behind it but it did add to the atmosphere

the climbs up to the heights and down to the depths made my heart pound on more than one occasion and the leaps over guaranteed certain death gave me sweaty palms too

finding that taffin key for the exit was a nightmare, slightly better hints for the location would have helped as I had to resort to the forum to find it but very minor detail

the keywell loot was just insanely well hidden I had a look around that area later with dromed and found the "how did you get up here" note and I'm taffed if I can find a legit way up there, which is a shame as the payoff would be worth it .... maybe if I used lots of crates hmmmm

the divine intervention and the gas arrow were nicely difficult to get .. and came in handy later on

I took on the challenges on the route to the main assignment so I probably took care of a few problems early i.e. before they got lots worse after the usurer section of the mission

anyway stats

6 and a quarter hours of roof jumping, sewer crawling, BJ dealing FUN

3315 loot

and many many thanks for this most excellent christmas present, yer on me beer list
    Last edited by Esme; 28th Dec 2007 at 17:15.

After a replay, I can now tie up some of these loose ends myself:

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    Loose ends I would like some answers to:

Looking at the heavily guarded nothern entrance to the usurerīs house, I saw two open windows on a building to the right. Anyway in there? Or could I already have been in there? (I donīt think I have)

Nope, I had not been there. You know why? I had missed the ladder up to the Public Works Living Area (or whatever one should call it) because I played with so dark settings. Reading the journal there made the whole mission make a lot more sense to me, with the weird architecture, etc. This place also held 40 of my lost loot.

Most of the other missed loot was found in the storage room in the usurerīs house. Itīs weird, I had kept blasting open all sorts of doors, but I missed the most obvious one! BTW, can it be opened in a less destructive way?

Has anyone tried to get past the iron gate leading to beggers take and lower locks area

Undead Gamer - there's nothing but scenery behind those big gates, and no legit way in that I can find

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast