TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM, "Bad Debts" (17/12/2007) (UPDATED 17/01/2016)

I "found" the dopefish with some help, but it did not say anything. It is clearly (to me) not a machine. What gives with that?

The plaque says something like "bow down", and the cut-out on the wall could sorta look like machine stuff if you are thoroughly unaware of dopefish and childlike fish drawings in general(??)
    "For the Love of the Game"

I googled Dopefish
    I can see what it might mean, I think.
    When I did it is said Kneel

Dopefish is described in the cast of characters for Secret of the Oracle as the second dumbest creature inthe universe. His thought patterns go, "swim swim hungry, swim swim hungry." Dopefish "will eat anything alive and moving near them, though they prefer heroes." (What's the most dumbest creature in the universe? Why, of course, the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal. It's so stupid that it thinks if you can't see it, it can't see you. One way to avoid the BugBlatter Beast is to throw a towel over your head.) Dopefish was "adopted" by the Tech Support staff at Apogee

I looked atWikipedia too. I had not heared of it before.
    Last edited by Gillie; 3rd Feb 2008 at 19:43.

bad debts

where is the armory key and how do you get into the hammerite building

The armorer's key is
    spoiler:
    inside the armorer's building. You need to enter from a high-up vent that is accessible indirectly using a ladder followed by some jumping.

You cannot get inside the hammerite seminary.

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    The armorer's key is
    spoiler:
    inside the armorer's building. You need to enter from a high-up vent that is accessible indirectly using a ladder followed by some jumping.

You cannot get inside the hammerite seminary.
    I got in a different way But I did not ghost it
    I found the vent later!. I roped up to second then the top floor, the window there opens.

Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    Absolutely correct. I thought of that after I had posted, but then I though I should not encourage violence. I think you can also go in the ground floor door if you are clever with your BJ.

Classical Master 2008
    I found the vent later!. I roped up to second then the top floor, the window there opens.
    on normal and hard...

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    on normal and hard...
    That is why!. I did not play Expert I played hard

I would love to know how hard it is to Ghost
    To get into the landlords with the helmeted guy.I used something I found earlier

bad debts

mission compleated thanks to those who helped with armory key

I would love to know how hard it is to Ghost
    To get into the landlords with the helmeted guy.
    He is easy to sneak by. Perhaps you got him wound up somehow. Check here (SPOILER ALERT) to read my ghost report. Apart from route finding, there was only one significant ghosting challenge for me -- returning to the Coronet. I think I made it harder than it needed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    He is easy to sneak by. Perhaps you got him wound up somehow. Check here (SPOILER ALERT) to read my ghost report. Apart from route finding, there was only one significant ghosting challenge for me -- returning to the Coronet. I think I made it harder than it needed to be.
    I think I did wind him up. He was facing straight at me and standing under a lamp. I should have been more carefull.
    Your ghost report was very interesting.

I finally got a chance to play Bad Debts and I thoroughly enjoyed it, though found it a bit too hard to figure out in spots so I ended up having to check for hints here, particularly for the way out. Marvelous jumping and climbing puzzles in a really well-laid out city that really force you to try some leaps that look like they can't be done! I ended up only 200g short of the total available on Expert without checking here for help on loot location so I'm quite pleased with that but I'll be going back for another look around as there were some places I spotted that I just couldn't find a way into that need further investigation. Thanks very much, Melan! I'd be happy to sign on as a betatester for you next missions if you need me.

Classical Master 2008
    Noted. Still building, so it will take a while. A long while.

After much effort, swearing, and fist shaking, I finally got the Divine Endowment. This level is exactly what I needed.

Classical Master 2008
    Cool. Now go forth and do good with it!

My apologies Melan, I did actually finish this in the end but didn't come back to thank you. This is definitely one that I will replay as I feel like I've missed a whole heap of stuff and I'm sure there are places I didn't get to and things I didn't do. Work forced me to stop half-way through and so I always felt more lost than I should do and I never really knew what I was doing half the time.

It certainly deserves more attention than that. But then also, the mark of a really good fm to me is that I want to replay it and find everything I didn't find the first time around. And this is one of those.

I am curious
    How many were able to get to the fire area
    High up in the keywell area.

I did!

Wow ! How were you able to do it ??? Spoiler please !

Quote Originally Posted by Aspirin View Post
    Wow ! How were you able to do it ??? Spoiler please !
    I have some thumbnails, I don't know if I can cover them with a spoiler though?,they are quite small.

I carried one crate and placed it on the ledge when near the top,then placed it on the last crate leaving space to ease up,the last crate when I jumped on it lowered a bit!,trial and error getting there. Jumped on the top crate and carefully edged to the end of it,many saves, then on the next ledge,which was hard I found.
    Way back was awkward but I managed to jump back to the crates

* Spoilers

Last edited by Gillie; 3rd Mar 2008 at 12:12.

Excellent, Gillie! I did not visualize that route. I considered going up there, but I thought I might have to approach it from directly below the fire ledge, which would have meant many more crates. I dismissed that idea as not worth the effort.

I actually tried to get up that way with the boxes but couldn't get onto the first ledge so gave up. Good job, Gillie!

I'm exhausted. Too bad all that climbing and jumping doesn't translate to a trimmer body outside of the Thief universe.

Enjoyed the Dark Project feel and the many side (high) areas to explore.

Suggestion: having Garrett start out from his rented room would help to make the plot less confusing.

Fabulous work! Looking forward to a sequel.

I thought the route up was from the ground directly below that area as well.
    That would have meant collecting too many crates.
    I had been on the other roof area before and thought there may be a way.
    Determination to at least try,which would mean far less crates.
    If you get on the crate second from the top you can get on the ledge.
    A effort good to think " I did it", for me anyway.

I took the same route as you Gillie, but I don't know how to stack crates in a staircase manner as you do. I just know how to put them in a straight vertical line. I needed 7 to get onto the roof. See image here. Is there some tutorial for this stepwise stacking anywhere?

A couple of other questions. I finished the mission on my own missing 125 loot a ring at the market & a goblet on a sill outside the seminary. I think I got most of the equipment lying around, but I only got 13 out of 19 pickpockets. I know T2 usually puts one more than there really is, but that still means I missed 5. I have a list here, the pickpocket counts are numbered in brackets. Anyone?

Also, there was one door I couldn't open with any key, that hasn't previously been mentioned in this thread. It is a door on the lower floor at the usurer, to the right down the little flight of stairs from the tiled foyer (the opposite way of how you get to the upstairs office with the body).

Great mission Melan! I truly had a blast. Now the big question, can it be Supreme Ghosted? I guess I'll find out.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast