TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM, "Bad Debts" (17/12/2007) (UPDATED 17/01/2016)

"Azal's guide to the strange and unusual" contains a link to tutorials and then a link to "staircasing." The staircasing tutorial, written by Luthien, is what you want. The bottom line is that it is way more efficient in terms of crates than going vertically. You don't need reserve stacks. It is also more trouble.

It appears that this site is not hosted anymore.
    Here is a link to an archive. It is missing lots of pictures, but the essence is there.

Here is a thread that discusses it. It seems that Southquarter may be reassembling these web pages.

There have been some great pictures posted of this, such as a climb to the top of the lighthouse in Precious Cargo. I don't know where they are. Gillie's picture should give you an idea what the final product looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    I took the same route as you Gillie, but I don't know how to stack crates in a staircase manner as you do. I just know how to put them in a straight vertical line. I needed 7 to get onto the roof. See image here. Is there some tutorial for this stepwise stacking anywhere?
    The thread @ Smithpd mentions is the same one I looked at I think.
    The Blackman sent me the zip of it, though I don't know if I can post it here?. It is the same though I am sure. I had looked at it a long while ago and it shows some good stacking methods,though I could not get them that high.

How did you manage to jump up on the vertical stack?,It looks tough.

That door On the ground floor/basement of the Usurer's does not open

Thanks guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Gillie View Post
    How did you manage to jump up on the vertical stack?,It looks tough.
    I didnt. I just dropped one crate at a time and jumped at the same time. Normal crate-stacking. This took me higher and higher until I was at the very top. The problem was reaching for crates around me as I was building it. Had to leave some on the small ledge of the house (where you can see one).
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

To elucidte, normal crate stacking consists of the following moves:

Pick up crate.
    Look straight down.
    Drop crate with the R key, jumping at the same time.
    Above can be done from a crouch to make a little less noise.
    Jump again to raise your feet above the crate you just dropped.
    Repeat.

The problem is that you need a place to store the crates before you grab them. You can toss them up onto a ledge, or you can build a side stack or two. Alternating back and forth between adjacent stacks, bringing one new crate to the party for each alternation, you can inch up. The first three are easy. After that, you need to alternate between stacks and use places to toss crates.

....lost......

OMG such a huge mission!!!!
    Now I grabbed the landlord key. What am I supposed to do with it?
    I also cannot get in Tomlinson's due to odd crash when I get in there.........
    Last edited by maga; 30th Mar 2008 at 12:01.

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    OMG such a huge mission!!!!
    Now I grabbed the landlord key. What am I supposed to do with it?
    I also cannot get in Tomlinson's due to odd crash when I get in there.........
    Yes this mission is a big one! The landlord key opens his apartment in the southwest.

You should describe the crash in more detail, so the beta-testers or the author can help you. They might have stumbled upon similar crashes before.
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but I just finished this mission and I found an odd bug: There is a zombie that when killed with holy water explodes, but his body parts after he explodes are not textured - they are all white.

Classical Master 2008
    Weird, that. I never encountered that error!

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    Weird, that. I never encountered that error!
    It is scara-whats-his-name below the grate in the floor, right? I thought that was a feature, not an error.

Classical Master 2008
    I will have to look into this. They are supposed to be good ol' Hammer Zombie Chunks.

Getting Into "Naughty Books" Apartment

I finally found said apartment by opening window shutters, but can't seem to jump onto the ledge and squeeze in. Is there another entrance point?

I'm pretty sure there is. I remember struggling to get in there myself and then finding another way but I'm not sure I can tell you exactly where it was. My computer is down so I can't check my saves but if memory serves, you need to look for a stone arch across a street (not the one the window is above, I don't think) that has a ladder up beside it. There's a roof with a bit of a flat edge that you can get onto from the top of the arch (far side from the ladder) and you can run across it then mantle onto a small balcony at the far end) and I THINK that may lead into that room. As I said, I'm not at all sure so don't be disappointed if you end up someplace else entirely.

Thank you !

I'll use your suggestion and let you know if I'm successful. I think I know the place you're referring to. It's relatively close to the beginning (first left turn to head due north). There's a broken cart and parts of a barrel littering the ground. Problem is, I climb the ladder and kinda slide toward that small ledge but can't jump to it. I keep falling. It leads to balcony that I should be able to hoist myself up over and there appears to be a window that hopefully would gain me access.

.....after about 10 minutes of trying.....

It worked!!
    But instead of trying to jump onto the ledge which was on the same side as the ladder, I crossed to the other side, swallowed a speed potion and jumped over to the very steep purple metal? roof and skittered over to the balcony. Whether this is the way we were supposed to go I'm not sure.

This is definitely one for the notebook.

Addendum:
    With 140 shy of total loot, I think 100 of that is a diamond ring that is supposed to be "in tower on main? wall" close to the naughty apartment. Would this be the metal tower just east of the apartment and if so, where exactly would it be because I have scoured what little there is to scour. I'm referencing the lootlist which comes with the mission.
    Last edited by Clock; 25th Oct 2008 at 15:07.

Classical Master 2008
    Clock: that's tricky, although I was surprised none of the beta testers found it without help. When you are up on the walls, there is a very deep alleyway next to you with small bridges crossing it. The tower you are actually looking for is reached by jumping down to grab the second of the three bridges, and mantling back up on another section of the wall.

Tell me how it went.

Quote Originally Posted by Clock View Post
    Addendum:
    With 140 shy of total loot, I think 100 of that is a diamond ring that is supposed to be "in tower on main? wall" close to the naughty apartment. Would this be the metal tower just east of the apartment and if so, where exactly would it be because I have scoured what little there is to scour. I'm referencing the lootlist which comes with the mission.
    If you want more detailed instructions to find this, check my post dated 26th Jan 2008, 21:46, page 7 in this thread.

Thanks Jiansonz. I read through a good portion of this thread before giving up and asking the question. I even used search words and filters but that didn't work. I'll check it out.

Melan....I think I know where you are referring to, but I couldn't make it to that bridge without falling. I'll go through Jiansonz's directions and, combined with your info, I'll try again to locate that ring.

Nightwalker.....I just realized that your instructions was itself the right approach to getting to that window. Funny how a guy can convince himself that the only way is what looks to be the "obvious" route, only to spend an hour trying that approach unsuccessfully, even after being told otherwise.

....a short time later...

That did it! Thanks to all three. I spent soooo long in this area trying to jump into that window into the "naughty" apartment, then trying to leap from the ladder to the ledge when I was supposed to turn around and cross the bridge to the other side and run along the steep roof to get to the proper access window, and finally to get to that second bridge over the alleyway by simply running to it. I'm now just 40 shy of total loot, and with the lootlist I should be able to track down what I missed.
    Last edited by Clock; 27th Oct 2008 at 12:48.

Wow. This is a great mission-- so many places to climb and and peer into. I played it for a few hours last night and know that I've only done the obvious so far; I'm nowhere near completing the objectives. I'll probably get stuck at some point but for now I'm content to wander, more or less lost but not really caring.

I thought I'd posted this question last night but somehow it didn't post.

Anyway, I can't get through one particular grate. It's at the top of a ladder in the area you get to through cellar doors -- there's a thief's room with a book, some mechanist equipment, and a hole leading to a cave with a pond and a fire shrine.

I'e got the grate open, but Garret can't get through the opening. Should he be able to, or do I have to come around from some other direction? I've had this trouble before, where Garret doesn't seem to be able to crouch low enough. I've tried looking down, which sometimes helps, but that hasn't worked.

Any help on this?

I'm in a dead end and can't get out, so if there's anyone reading this that knows this mission, please help.

I've climbed down to the area where "Crate Guy" has his little room. I don;t know if you can do anything with the crate, and by this point I hardly care, because I can't get back out of this area. Thre are two ladders you can climb up, and the top one goes to a window. You can see a hallway beyond the window, but the window is narrow and you can't climb through it (try the usuall manouevers and Garret jumps backwards). Since I jumped down to the ledge I'm on, I can't get back up to get out of this area.

Help would be appreciated.

Okay, I back tracked out of there.

But I'm really stuck now. I have about 2,000 gold, I've found two glyphs, I have the Usurer's key, the Thieve's Key the Public works key, the Pub key and the Armourer's key, I've found some books and a few other messages.

But I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing here. The readable items aren't giving me much help at all, and the map is impossible to follow. Everything I've found is just by random chance, wandering around. I've read on this thread something about a Landlord's key, but as I have no idea where the Landlord is, that doesn't help much. I also need to find a whole lot more loot. I've seen a ton of locked doors I can't get through. I did manage to get the loot off the dead Sorceror.

What am I supposed to do next?

Classical Master 2008
    Fraser--

The landlord appears in the Coronet tavern to the northwest after you find the usurer killed and rob Timms; he has the key to the apartments in the south. Lots of loot in there, too.

Some lucrative loot caches you may have missed:
    The Pawn Shop: the key to this place is under the usurer's desk. His closed shop is on the ground floor, and has a tapestry and golden candlesticks

The Panpipes Pub, near the sorceror's tower: gold plate on beams, climb down to death statue from attic

Apartment of lewd literature with a diadem: bridge over slope near mission start -- jump across to iron roof, up to a balcony and enter the windows

Seeing Square: a large columned dome with four statues. You can access this from several directions through the power station - most easily from the stream near the Usurer's. Jump across to the Keeper statue, and follow the route all the way up to PROFIT.

Hope this helps.

Thank you -- but I don't know where any of these places ARE. I don't know how to find Timm's place. I am unabe to follow the map. The streets are named on the map, but I can't find signs on the actual streets. I often have no idea which building I'm in until I find a key that says, for example, "Usurer's Key." I even got frustrated enough trying to get into one place that I violated my decade-long "no kill" policy for humans.

I have a walkthrough I wrote for this that might help you get sorted out. It's a bit rough but usable. If you want it, just email me and I'll forward it on.

Thanks for the offer -- but I ran through the entire level one more time and came acros the two keys I needed. I even managed to find the way out, and ended up only about 400 short on loot.

Good mission. I loved all the climbing. I'm up for any mission that involves mandatory rope climbing.

I'm glad you got sorted out. It's much more fun to figure it out for yourself if you can and this is a top-notch mission for exploring. I was pretty lost at first but thoroughly enjoyed it anyway.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast