TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM, "Bad Debts" (17/12/2007) (UPDATED 17/01/2016)

Classical Master 2008

T2 FM, "Bad Debts" (17/12/2007) (UPDATED 17/01/2016)

Hello, Taffers!

My first mission, Bad Debts, has been completed just in time for Christmas, and is available for download.

Note: since the map may be a bit hard to read due to the low resolution, I recommend printing the high resolution copy included in the root directory of the archive. You can pore over it in the darkness just like Garrett would! In a separate directory, there are also a few bits of concept art and the original plan for the map, as well as a lootlist assembled by Emerald Wolf and the other betatesters.

1.1 update note
    - It has been eight years since the mission was first released. Wow!
    - This version includes a French translation provided by Apiai, with small corrections by skacky. Thank you, both!
    - The in-game map has been cleaned up and fitted with a background. It is available in both English and French.
    - The version featuring updated objects has been withdrawn. If you wish to play Bad Debts with updated objects, simply install the Object Enhancement Pack.
    - Parts of the mission are slightly easier than they used to be thanks to improved mantling behaviour in NewDark. To my knowledge, this does not substantially alter the difficulty or allow the player to get stuck somewhere they are not meant to be.

Download the mission here:
    MEGA (42 MB)
    SouthQuarter (42 MB)
    DarkFate (42 MB)

Have fun!

[edit]
    Series information:
    The missions in this series take place shortly before the TDP storyline. None of them require previous knowledge of previous FMs, but there are common elements and a degree of continuity. The missions, in current order, are:
    1. Prowler of the Dark (TDP/Gold) (S): liberate a skull of paganic enchantment from an abandoned church, which is kept sealed and guarded by the Hammerites.
    2. Return to the City (The Dark Mod) (M): plunder the other side of the church complex to steal a pack of explosives. Patrols have been heightened because of the recent break-in. (This mission connects to the previous along the North/South axis - too bad I didn't have the time to let you revisit some old areas)
    3. Fiasco at Fauchard Street (The Dark Mod) (M): steal a collection of opals from the house of a wealthy usurer.
    4. Bad Debts (TMA) (XL): fallen on hard times, you take a job from a diminutive snitch to steal his letter of debt from Markus, a pawnshop owner/usurer. (You are here!)
    5. Disorientation (TMA) (XL): following the events in the previous mission, you attract the unwanted attentions of Lady Azamlarg, district warden and judge, and have to break into her palace to deter her from further assassination attempts. More rooftops and conspiracies.

Finally, here are a few screenshots:

Last edited by Melan; 18th Jan 2016 at 02:30. Reason: updated to v 1.1
    Oh well. It's quiet enough now.

Clearinghouse
    GREAT!!! Downloading NOW! Thanks, Melan!

Another FM! Definitely the silly season
    Thanx, Melan.

Thanks so very much for your mission, these winter months are made much more pleasurable by having new missions to play!

It is cold here in Palm Springs, Calif, its only getting into the mid 60s F!!

THANKS to you and all the other FM authors!!

Happy Holidays!

Yahoo! thank you for your hard work!

Now off toTaff!!

Thank you for your time and your ideas

The banned user, not the game
    downloading now,thank you
    User was banned by Digital Nightfall on 8-4-2008

bikerdude
    I had a lot of funs testing this, so you lot are in for a treat

biker

Downloading, thank you Melan!

downloading now,thank you very much. All the best.

temporary mirror for Bad_Debts_Winter.zip is here grab it while you can I'm not sure how long my ISP will take to notice and they get a bit antsy about big files

I'll edit this when they ask me to take it down

Southquarter mirror (the full version):

http://southquarter.com/fms/data/Bad_Debts.zip

Thanks for the present. Christmas is every day we get a new mission!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Melan, congrats on getting this released! I look forward to playing it when I decide to take a break from Dromed.
    I'm getting quite a backlog of FMs I want to play now...

Great mission Melan! I love how the Rope Arrow is the most important item in this mission. Climbing on buildings is fun.

I've finished everything except Finding the key for the exit gate, apparently a cat stole it from the drunk guard on the rooftops, but I can't find that key anywhere.

Really enjoying this, Melan, great architecture & hours & hours of exploring! But have come to a standstill -
    spoiler:
    really need help on the Tomlinson objective; have been up in all the rafters & crawled all over the place, but nothing "interesting". And can that sorcerer's tomb be reached?

Thanx

Thanks a lot, downloading now!
    Happy holidays to you too!

woo hoo !

Thanks Melan - I'm stuck at home with a cold, and it's Thief and Thief alone that can take my mind off my self-pity. You've made a snuffly wreck happy.

I can't BELIEVE how spoilt we are this month for FMs.

Sticky Fingers:

For the Tomlinson Objective you have to get to the 3rd floor, and get an item there and drop it off in the Hammerite donation chute

For the sorcerer's tomb you have to shoot the corpse with a water arrow through the grate looking down at him.

You can also throw a flash bomb down, that will get his attention.

"Bow upgrade goes here"

I'm wetting my pants already!

Calibrator

Quote Originally Posted by Spyrano View Post
    For the Tomlinson Objective you have to get to the 3rd floor, and get an item there and drop it off in the Hammerite donation chute
    But what item?
    spoiler:
    the skull doesn't do the objective, & I can't see anything else to pick up. What was on the rafters has long been absorbed in the loot pouch.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    But what item?
    spoiler:
    the skull doesn't do the objective, & I can't see anything else to pick up. What was on the rafters has long been absorbed in the loot pouch.
    spoiler:
    There is a chest in the room with the fire and the skull.

I'm stuck, too!

spoiler:
    Can't find the key and the house of the landlord, I finished every other objective. Thank you for help.

Great mission!

The banned user, not the game
    completed fm

the item you need from thomlinson is
    spoiler:
    book of smear,drop that in hammer donation box

my fav part of fm was
    spoiler:
    after i completed landlord objective as i was leaving i saw a keep gliph on the wall so i clicked it then words appearded so i searched room with bed in it right after first mark and saw a second glyph so i clicked that then i saw a key and scroll on bed used key to open exit and won fm

User was banned by Digital Nightfall on 8-4-2008

Landlord help

Your landlords place is right near where you started the mission. There is a starionary guard standing in front. Your landlords key is on him and he ends up at the bar.

Page 1 of 15 12345611 ... LastLast