TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920253035404550556065 ... LastLast

Thread: 1000 clues that you have been playing thief way to much ...

#1711: You go to church like any other sunday, but you realize that your Priest is a Mechanist Zealot, and he has somehow resurected zombies in order to destroy the world. And when you try to buy some water arrows off your brat brother, he won't sell you any! So instead you douse your fists in Holy Water and go about destroying all the zombies the old fashioned way. Then you wake up completely refreshed and satisfied like the other six days of the week.

TRUE STORY!!!

[ August 01, 2001: Message edited by: Shadow's Pawn ]
    David- "I will not be the tool of tools."

#1711: You throw a ball of cheese over a fence in a bid to see what's on the other side. Then you realise that a ball of cheese is not electronically linked to your mechanical eye, if indeed you have one.

#1713: You feel somehow dirty when people can see you.
    David- "I will not be the tool of tools."

#1714: You take up smoking just so you can sound like Garrett.

#1715: You purposely try and get a permanent cold, just so you can sound like Karras.

#1716: You consider the word 'taff' the rudest, vilest swear world in the whole world ever, and take great pleasure in using it to insult people. Then you wonder why you never hear it in 18-rated movies.

Originally posted by Countersync:
    #1711: You throw a ball of cheese over a fence in a bid to see what's on the other side. Then you realise that a ball of cheese is not electronically linked to your mechanical eye, if indeed you have one.
    Lol! You two are on a roll!

#1717- You try to blackjack spiders but you end up just getting a stick mess all over your new blackjack.

#1718- You try to blackjack a friend on the shoulder (since it seems to work in the game) and he turns around a punches you, actually knowking YOU out!

#1719- You encourage deforestation...untill you start playing Thief 2. Then you join a labor force.

#1720- You are allready advertising thief 3 to all your friends, taunting them with the fact that it will be made using the Unreal Trournament Engine.

1721 - you try to climb high walls by stacking food.

#1722: You feel compelled to say 'I see you there lad' EVERY time you catch sight of a male family member around your home.

#1723: While on holiday, you ask your parents to go out into the garden, and guard a deckchair while you try and sneak up on them. (Guilty, but...
    #1724: You pull it off (... )

1725: You start to play hide-and-seek at night
    1726: Your never found
    1727: Everybody gives up and waits for you to come out
    1728: They start to get mad because your not out, then the turn around and your there, and you scare the crap out of them
    (that actully happened to me on vaction at my cottage)
    "Garrett is a master thief who makes Sam Fisher look like one of those goofy toy monkeys with clattering cymbals!" ~D-Pad Destroyer~ GamePro
    ~Clan NBU~ Forever Watchful...

BANNED

Good for you guys!

#1729: You regularly talk like the Hammer Haunts.

#1730: In church, thinking about Thief, you imagine vines sprouting from the altar and taking over the building, but not before you can grab the candlesticks.

#1731: You are strongly tempted and are seriously considering going out and buying a cloak and sword and making a blackjack, then prowling the streets at night...

...All because YOUR STUPID COMPUTER NO LONGER RUNS EITHER THIEF!!

Here's a new idea for the list I'm going to attempt, everybody let me know if you think it works:

I've seen people post pictures on here of shots in the game and have clues related to it... so now let me try to simply DESCRIBE something you can see in particular in Thief 2 and see if you can guess it!

I'm mainly trying it this way because none of the freebie screen capture programs I tried worked with the game so I couldn't get a picture of it. If anyone knows of one that will work, I'll edit this post later and put the picture up instead if this post simply doesn't work well for the list. How's that sound?

==

Imagine: you're playing THIEF 2. Your monitor is filled with nothing but the image of a red brick wall running across the screen, the top part of your display filled with a star-filled blue sky. Moving up and down in a certain way causes the wall to blur and leave weird trails in the sky behind it.....

#1732: You know exactly what I'm talking about.

#1733: You have done this trick several times yourself.

#1734: You know which mission you have to play to see this.

#1735: You know exactly where you have to go to see this.

#1736: Once you're there, you know WHAT you have to do to create this effect.

#1737: You can also get back down from this area.

#1738: Alive.

#1739: You want to show this on the "1000 Clues" thread very badly because you want to share it with everyone.

#1740: But you go berzerk trying to get a screen captur to WORK so you CAN!

What do you all think?
    The Cloaked Wolf

Use the Print Screen Button. The screenshot 'll be in the theif folder as dump000, dump001, dump001, et cetera. Oh, and the clue:

#1741: You have a file in your thief directory labelled dump083.bmp

#1742: You attempt the above suggestion but the game insists on putting a totally unrelated screen shot in its place!

#1743: You realize the possibility that, since because you are attempting to take a picture of a programming error, the game is simply freaking out on you and putting another image in place of the one on your screen that you are attempting to capture.

#1744: You attempt to keep trying until you FINALLY GET IT!!!!! AUGH!

You could always use a screen-grabber, like DXSnap or something

Ok, where is it. I'll see if I can post a screenshot.

#1745 You still post to this thread

#1746 You still read this thread

Inge

Originally posted by Yametha:
    #1741: You have a file in your thief directory labelled dump083.bmp
    1746 (or whatever number we're up to): You realize that, actually, the file is called dump143.pcx.
    Responsible for overseeing Studio Trophis projects, Richard's designs are influenced by the best of Japanese console gaming.

1748 - You tell Spitter that his last reason was actually number 1747.

1749 - You make sence of the last 17 reasons.

Originally posted by Yametha:
    Ok, where is it. I'll see if I can post a screenshot.

I had originally posted instructions on where to get to it for you Yametha, but a fellow player below suggested I create an entirely separate thread for it so as not to give away a spoiler. You can find it under "Post for Yametha".

There's no link here because I haven't created the other thread yet. Sorry! (Blush)

[ September 10, 2001: Message edited by: The Cloaked Wolf ]

[ September 10, 2001: Message edited by: The Cloaked Wolf ]

Wow Cloaked Wolf! Thats pretty nifty. Though if I were you I would make a separate thread for that, since it's a secret I bet a few people would like to know.

1750: You begin to notice that these posts are getting very specific and don't really have much to do with thief as much as personal things.

1751: You don't really care.

Excellent idea, Sharga. I'll do that right now.

BANNED

You actually consider changing your name to Garrett

Nethawk... I think that's enough thread revival for now.
    d a r k c i r c l e ? ? | Mockers

#1752 (1753?)
    You come back to this board after quite some time and note disturbingly that no one has written anything since your last message.

#1753 You wonder if you accidentally caused this thread to grind to a halt.

#1754 You decide to do something about it by adding a series of Thief clues you kept wanting to post but kept forgetting to all this time.

Therefore...

#1755 You visit the famous Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, and while touring it you are CONVINCED that you hear Viktoria's giggling echoing through the house!

#1756 You also expect to see trees in the house while touring it.

#1757 And booby-trapped doors.

#1758 And vines growing out of the ceiling and the like!

#1759 You ask the tour guide "So when do we get to see Constantine's sword display?"

#1760 You later take the garden tour and wonder why you can't find any glowing mushrooms.

#1761 On the way out, you ask the staff where the previous Thief visitor hid all the unconscious guards.

#1762 But your biggest disappoint was that there was NO GIANT ROOM, so you couldn't find the giant coin...and you were hoping to use it to finally pay off your college loan!

#1763 - You sell everything you own(with the exception of Thief and your computer) so you can buy a top of the line security system to protect your Thief cd's.
    #1764 - When you're done playing Thief, you realize you sold your house [NoNo] , so there's nowhere to put Thief or your now useless computer!(You need to stop spacing out! )
    <xhtml><eat id="mouth">potato</eat></xhtml>

Page 15 of 67 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617181920253035404550556065 ... LastLast