TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 61116171819202122232425263136414651566166 ... LastLast

Thread: 1000 clues that you have been playing thief way to much ...

Have you actually been inside the cathedral in The Haunted Cathedral, Luthien?

Um, yes, but I had to enlarge the window with dromed The window is the only opening in the walls. All other windows are just fake with solid rock behind them.

2184) You can claim you have done the most weird things in the game and people actually believe you.

I too wish this thread would go away for good, but I can't come up with a decent reason.

2185) You have your face pushed up against a door at work and your boss walks by and says, "you're not keyholing again are you?"

2186) You come to your flat and suddenly realise you have lost your keys. You approach the door from the left side and lean through the keyhole. Then you shoot a rope arrow in the doorframe and release all the lean keys you've been holding... you know the rest, don't you?

2187) You go to the Thief forum and say: "Well i'll be tied up in an old gunny sack and beaten with reeds, the "1000 ways" thread is still up!"
    "Ignorance is no excuse for anything except learning." --N.R.
    "Luck? we don't need no stinking luck! we've got cod on our side!"--Johnny G.

2188) You sit for hours refreshing this forum, hoping someone will reply to your thread.

2189: You compare every single man you date to Garrett, wondering if they could out-thief each other, or even who would win in a bow and arrow tournament.

2190) You fashion a blackjack, break into your friend's house late at night and beat him senseless with it.

2191) You're thief enough to admit that although you've been playing for years you aren't familiar with the term/practice of "keyholing". Anyone care to fill me in?
    "That I an accessary needs must be
    To that sweet thief which sourly robs from me."
    William Shakespeare, sonnet 35

spamlet, refer to the thread currently displayed on the forum.
    Click here for one thread, click here (2nd time) for the other.

2192) You become extremely proud, and prehaps even have a small party (alone, in your room) when your forum status changes from 'New Member' to 'Member'.

2193) You call all the newbies on the thief forum "children of karras"

Two thousand, one hundred and ninety four

You wonder if Indiana Jones ever got out of a tight spot by keyholing, frogbeasting, or flare climbing.

Ah, Muzman's right. This is simply too old, everything we say has been done so many times. Tony sighs.

Spamlet, I asked the same thing on my post "Keyholing?" I'm still waiting for a good answer/link so far...

Perhaps you should read more carefully I have posted this thread a few days ago.

2195) When a guard goes "Hm... what was that?" you wave your hand Obi Wan Kenobi style and say "It was nothing. There's no thief here."

Well you're wrong, Tony. Here's one that has never been done-

2196) You can actually tell without looking how many shields of health you lose due to the fact that you've memorized Garrett's differing vocalizations for every degree of pain he feels: Hmph=1...
    "That I an accessary needs must be
    To that sweet thief which sourly robs from me."
    William Shakespeare, sonnet 35

(2197) Standing in the grocery line admiring how well the sweater on the lady in front of me matches the lava flows in Thief, it has the same glowing look and shadings.

hope this one hasn't been done before, I don't think I've posted in this thread since I dreamed about shooting a gas arrow at Tim in his crib. I have another one too, but I need to find the book first...

PS. Spelling error edit, too tired I guess

I'm baaaaack....

I'm finally able to return after a somewhat lengthy hiatus (again) involving relocating... anyway, I don't think the idea for these have been done yet, but let's try anyway...

Oh, and BTW, congrats on getting this up past 2000!

#2198 Your child is watching an old Tex Avery "Droopy" cartoon on the TV in the other room. You overhear Droopy's voice and immediately think, "KARRAS. IN *MY* HOUSE!"

#2199 You immediately jump into a nearby shadow as a result.

#2200 You start to pull out your blackjack...

#2201 ...only to realize you don't HAVE one!

#2202 You sneak to your bedroom and grab a rolled-up pair of your black work socks to use instead!

#2203 You sneak up to the doorway of the room from which you heard the voice, then rush in to blackjack "Karras"...

#2204 ...only to realize you're very stupidly attempting to blackjack the television set.

#2205 Your child is now convinced you're a lunatic.

BUT...

#2206 You realize that due to your Thief obsession, your child has already thought that for the longest time ANYWAY!

2207: You find this excerpt amusing:

I let the hammer fly.

Ever since I was a kid I've had a fascination with the hammer as a missile weapon. I used to enjoy playing at throwing hammers, when I could get my hands on one without anyone knowing that I was risking damage to something so valuable. I knew that in olden times the hammer had been a warrior's weapon, and the little bit of Cypres Prose resident within me had woven mighty legends around Garrett the Hammer.

End quote

From Glen Cook's Angry Lead Skies. And yes the hero's name is Garrett; he's a PI in a fantasy world.

I had to giggle when I read it, for reasons entirely (I assume) unintended by the author. Hmm. Wonder if I should write and ask if he's ever played Thief.

I got a kick out of it!

#2208: You live in fear of the world being taken over by Droopy.

(I know, it was ridiculous, but I just could NOT resist. )

#2209: You refuse to go camping because you're afraid the trees will come after you.
    Last edited by The Cloaked Wolf; 10th Nov 2002 at 21:49.

2210) You spend five days to collect all the bodies in the T2 demo for the Silent Project when you notice that picking up that particular archer crashes the game every time. You hit the keyboard with your forehead at the thought of starting from scratch.

2211) You are so sick of hauling bodies all over more than 15 maps that you can not motivate yourself to restart the level.

2212) You feel like a lazy arse because you do not bother to bring all the bodies to the Angelwatch roof.

Originally posted by Luthien
    2211) You are so sick of hauling bodies all over more than 15 maps that you can not motivate yourself to restart the level.

Oh god, how familiar am I with THAT!

2213) You move every AI and every object in every mission in both T:DP and T:MA until you whimper whenever you even look at your computer.

2214) You find someone waiting outside your office so you try to "nudge" them out of the way, upon which they promptly bitch slap you, upon which you run to get a haunt to take care of them so it wont count on your record.

2215) You gasp every time you see a sphere.

2216) When your wife asks where you were all night you mutter something about fat noblemen deserving it...

Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 61116171819202122232425263136414651566166 ... LastLast