TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2712171819202122232425262732374247525762 ... LastLast

Thread: 1000 clues that you have been playing thief way to much ...

2217) You get to the 'covert' part of Jedi Outcast, where you can't get seen by the stormtroopers, and you creep up behind a stormtrooper and think to yourself, "I reallly wish I had a blackjack!" but then you realise they have helmets, so it wouldn't do any good, so then you wish for a gas arrow, but then you realise that they probably have a faceplate attached to said helmet, so you just whip out your lightsaber and slash everything that moves. And restart the level because you failed. again.
    "To me, you are an NPC in the game if life."

#4, 896:

You know you are playing Thief too much when you legally change your name to Garret...just Garret.

And you wear a hooded cape made of dark brown boiled wool, while remaining naked other than this.

(I'm off to the Fan Missions down at the bear pits tonight...wanna come with?)

Originally posted by Lucky Hand of Glory
    #4,896: You know you are playing Thief too much when you legally change your name to Garret...just Garret.
    Yeah, but if you were that much of a superfan, you'd probably spell the character's name right when you made the swap...

BANNED
    2218) You marvel at the ability of a modern day flare to last for more than 10 seconds.
    2219) You play Thief so much that you've screwed over your chance of ever learning how the "real" physics system works.
    Last edited by easterlingman; 30th Nov 2002 at 17:10.

2220)Your girlfriend starts lookng for one of your 5000$ Ring that your gonna give her for your proposal. So you Run towards the Weapons place (Bathroom) and grab the Plunger run back and start swingin at her till she smacks ya dead.

Say whaaaaaaaat, newbie? Please explain that one for me!
    "That I an accessary needs must be
    To that sweet thief which sourly robs from me."
    William Shakespeare, sonnet 35

Originally posted by Lucky Hand of Glory
    #4, 896:

You know you are playing Thief too much when you legally change your name to Garret...just Garret.

I could actually get away with that by changing the first and last letter of my first name, ie Darrell Garrett
    I'm not a bad guy, I just play one in real life.

The only thing you miss from your former marriage is Thief, Thief 2, numerous fan missions and playing in surround sound.

Now wondering what to do with the absolutely great storyline, plot and script for a largish fm. Can't let it go to waste!
    shadowrider
    * DIVORCE.BAT found....deleting C:\MARRIAGE\SPOUSE *

2223) Looking down a four story building, you decide to take a shortcut. Unfortunately, halfway down, you remember that in the real world, there is no such thing as a slowfall potion.
    -Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

-Zee duck? No, no, no. You cannot have zee duck. You are not worzy of zee duck. You may have...zee chicken.

2224. You're in the habit of naming your computers every time you get a new hard drive, but you're at a loss at to what to name this last one. Finally you decide to name it Garrett, for no other reason than because Thief looks best on this computer, and because every time you make a mistake in the game, you talk to it loudly along the lines of "no, Garrett, you're not supposed to take damage from your own weapons!" or "that rope arrow was there so you DON'T have to go down there, Garrett!

(has this been said before? There's too many to be sure)

From the way you're talking to your computer, Shadette, it sounds like you haven't played Thief nearly enough . What did you do, step on a mine you threw or something? Oh well practice makes perfect...

Truth be known, I DID step on a mine I threw...

…more than once, ahem. You'd be right, though, I haven't finished TDP yet, though I already have TMA just sitting there on the shelf looking nice and shiny in its box saying "you can't start on me until you finish Thief 1! Play!"

2225) You start wondering if meta discussions about meta discussions about this thread are useful or not. (Thinking about whether thinking about whether this thread is brain dead or not).

2226) You are constantly thinking to come up with a clue that you've been playing thief too long. (Thinking about Luthien's thought thatr thinking about this thread is brain dead.)
    FM in Progress: Bane III
    Previous FMs: CoSaS III- THE NINE YEAR SLEEP (content released), Keep of Deceit, Cult of the Damned and A Keeper's Betrayal.

true story

2227) You are in the produce section of the supermarket. Nearby is a woman with a small child in her shopping cart, and as she passes each item she recites its name out loud to the child.

You are absolutely, positively certain that when she comes to the appropriate spot she is going to say, "and these are plumsies!"

Good lord, you guys have got to be kidding me.

#2228 You copy cutscene shots of Garrett standing, turning around, walking or saying something purely for dramatic effect or to impress a girl with your dark persona.

#2229: You actually take time away from Thief to wri...

#2230: You resolve to return to the thiefiest building in town with a digital camera

#2231: You feel full of purpose and resolve out in the street in front of it when you point your digital camera at one of the walls and take 5 pictures in a row

#2232: You walk into said building and continue to take pictures until the barmaid politely asks you if you want a seat, whereupon you immediately reach for a rope arrow to point at the roof beams. Finding none, you go hide in a corner and wonder why she's still looking at you funny after 2 minutes of waiting

2233) You can't be bothered to play Thief the 'normal' way anymore because you know all the levels, the loot, the guards' partol routes by heart.

This is terrible... I'm sitting behind a computer in a public room at the university trying to stop myself having laughing fits.

This one is a bit off topic, it's from Half Life

You know you have played to much Half Life if you annoy your friends by repeating phrases like 'Did you see that...thing, with the missing leg?' or 'target range practice sure's gonna pay of today!' or 'Will we ever make in out of here?'

Originally posted by Insertnamehere
    This one is a bit off topic, it's from Half Life
    Whaat?! We don't take kindly the...Oh, excuse me, next time, use "General Gaming" from the main forums page...And btw, it's much more fun to try having a conversation using only game quotes, rather than just saying them randomly.

2234) Whenever you see the sun's in the sky you get nervous because you have no water arrows and you're afraid it's gonna start shooting bolts of fire at you.

2235) You thought this ebay auction was a good idea...

SOCK FULL O QUARTERS #2.... NO RESERVE!!!
    Item # 3304491271

Coins:Coins: US:Collections, Lots
    Clothing & Accessories:Men:Footwear:Other Footwear

Bidding is closed for this item.

Payment Details United States Shipping and handling US $3.00
    Shipping insurance per item (not available) --

Payment Instructions e-mail me at: Encounters3k@yahoo.com to arrange all payment instructions or if you have any questions...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The seller ended this listing early because the item was lost or broken.

(to seller)
    Current bid US $4.00 Starting bid US $4.00
    Quantity 1 # of bids 0 Bid history
    Time left Auction has ended.
    Location San Diego, CA
    Country/Region United States /San Diego
    Started Jan-05-03 13:06:18 PST Mail this auction to a friend

Ends Jan-06-03 21:27:27 PST

Seller (rating) blackliquid3k(3)
    View seller's feedback | view seller's other items

High bidder --

Payment PayPal, money order/cashiers check, or see item description for payment methods accepted.

PayPal: Fast, easy, secure payment. Learn More.

Shipping Buyer pays for all shipping costs, which are provided in the Payment Details section below. Will ship to United States only.

Seller
    services
    Relist this item

Description
    Style: Other Size: 9
    -- Color: White

You are bidding on a SOCK FULL O QUARTERS AUCTION # 2!!! and other MISC. change... mostly other change really, but there are some quarters, but SOCK FULL O QUARTERS just sounded better...

Look at all the things you can do with it!!!!

The pictures below show some of the things you could do with it.

Wow look at that dog go...

SERIOUS BIDDERS ONLY!!!

Need to get rid of this wonderful Product
    I'm moving and have no use for this anymore, there is absolutely nothing wrong with it

MINT CONDITION!!

NO RESERVE Can you believe it!!!!!! Wow what a deal!!! Bid now before someone else does

Pay Via PAYPAL ONLY!!! Shipping Cost $3

Bids will be deleted as deemed necessary

No animals were hurt during the making of this auction

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On Jan-06-03 at 11:53:16 PST, seller added the following information:
    Pay me securely with any major credit card through PayPal!

Click on a picture to enlarge

Free Counters powered by Andale!
    Bidding

Bidding is closed for this item.

This page is available on eBay for a limited time only. Please print a copy for your own records.

Announcements | Register | Safe Trading Tips | Policies | Feedback Forum | About eBay

Copyright 1995-2002 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved.
    Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners.
    Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

2236) If you have a home security system you find yourself always freezing when the little red light on the sensors light up showing they've picked up your movement.

2237) Continuing on this theme....you start avoiding cameras in public places, actively looking for them then finding yourself looking around for the switch to shut them off.

2238) Suddenly, the fact that it gets dark earlier during the winter appeases you, for it means you can get into that 'Full Thief Atmosphere' earlier . ( true story )
    2239) You act as a missionary, constantly attempting to share the great thief experience with your friends. ( pretty difficult, one of my friends is deeply convinced that the main hero's name is GARLETT )

Page 22 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2712171819202122232425262732374247525762 ... LastLast