TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 24 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4914192021222324252627282934394449545964 ... LastLast

Thread: 1000 clues that you have been playing thief way to much ...

#2317 - Sign that this post has been going on way too long - you look at the previous post, think "that looks familiar", scroll all the way back and find the one it reminds you of (#359) then realise that not only was that posted years before you joined the forum & years before you played the game, but it was posted years before you noticed that the game existed!

[Or is it just a sign that, in real terms, I'm still a ******* n00b? ]

OK, thread starter:

time for you to compile the results from this thread you started into one neat list.

Taking mission briefing quotes, prayers said in game, and other misc words from Thief, you actually write the scripture of the Master Builder, and the New Scripture of the Master Builder.

You take the scriptures you wrote, and replace Bibles in hotels with them.

You go door to door trying to convert people to the Master Builder
    derrick mckee
    garretthethief23@excite.com

"I am having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I have forgotten this before."

#2318 - feeling compelled to put one post in this thread only to realize that nothing has really changed in your life.

#2319 -
    Originally posted by garretthethief23: Taking mission briefing quotes, prayers said in game, and other misc words from Thief, you actually write the scripture of the Master Builder, and the New Scripture of the Master Builder.
    this would be dedication!

Originally posted by Lucky Hand of Glory
    OK, thread starter:

time for you to compile the results from this thread you started into one neat list.

No way... not anytime soon anyways. I was worn out from the first time.

TafferLing, your #2319 is actually #2322

BANNED
    Feh. Admit it, you're just too much of a lazy bastard to do it

2320) You gain the constant will to shadowmeld and generally avoid the field of vision of others.
    For Example: 1. FOV Avoidance: When I'm going down the stairs in my block, there's usually someone locking their apartement door or checking their mailbox or something, with their back turned, and they ALWAYS turn around RIGHT when I pass them by and measure me suspiciously! Grr, I haven't noticed that till now but eversince my Thief experience I just walk slow and through the shadows and then run real fast and quietly out of their radius, after which, from a safe distance where I am basically invisible, I look and see as they turn around and look blearily, FOR THERE AIN'T NO ONE FOR THEM TO EYE SUSPICIOUSLY HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

2. Shadowmeld : Usually on Friday and Sunday evenings, when I'm not busy,my parents are in the living room, on the wall left to the wall where the living room is, is the location of my room, and higher is my brother's room and the bathroom. Whenever I go that way, I always stick to the right side of the hallway, because it is always dark, and I know that my parents from the living room ( the door is 75% made out of translucid, shady glass which allows light but doesn't allow the distinguishing of details through it ) won't be able to see any difference.

...perhaps I SHOULD see someone specialized in mental deviations caused by extreme overconsumption of computer entertainment programmes.
    Last edited by Thiefsie Fool; 21st Mar 2003 at 15:53.

#2323 <-- Sigh

2324) When trying to look under an object in thief, you bang your head on your desk trying to get under the monitor.

Probly repeated something. how anyone culd read 24 pages of this is beyond me.

#2325 - Your wife has made it crystal clear that you are not allowed to name the new baby "The Golden Child"

#2326 - You can't help but laugh yourself stupid when Karras says "nnnnnaaaaaayyyyyyy!!!!!!"
    *Nobody throws me my own sword and says "Run". Nobody. - Benny*

@ 2325:

Originally posted by Luthien
    #2323 <-- Sigh
    You mean: ... if your name is Luthien?

No, I mean the numbers were getting messed up again.

..sooo, what're we, going for 3000? =)

2327: It doesnt even cross you mind to even consider NOT indulging in your Thief-born impulses of stealig, sneaking, and blackjacking =)

2328: The card dealer declairs "Blackjack!" You happily oblidge.

2329) You're so busy playing "Thief" that you don't have time to spellcheck your posts! (sorry Steele, no offense but that last clue was begging for it)
    "That I an accessary needs must be
    To that sweet thief which sourly robs from me."
    William Shakespeare, sonnet 35

#2330 - "You still find the following amusing: 'Bow Upgrade', 'Soulforge Missle Silo', 'Monty Luthien's Flying Keeper', 'whennertheygunnabringmemydinnerthatswhatIwannaknowhennertheygunnabringmemydinner'

#2331 - "You were arrested (and hospitalized) after being found trying to keyhole your front door. (probably been said before)

#2332 - "You still consider this thread the funniest momemnt in TTLG history: http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...threadid=57663

okay okay, I'm done for the day
    *Nobody throws me my own sword and says "Run". Nobody. - Benny*

Soulforge Missle Silo?

Topics like this one made me join ttlg....

#2333 Your classes at school include archery and fencing. (Next semester, actually.)
    "I'm going to be able to use the sword AND the bow! I'll be the greatest guard EVER! What was tha..." BONK.... thud. ZZZZZ

You start becoming more "independent" and refuse to pay taxes to the Govern-err I mean Guild.

You believe that you right eye can , zoom in and out

You avoid the right side of anybody you meet

You always, ALWAYS have an ace up your sleeve

2338) You actually think about Garrett's last name, what his house looks like, and the love interest between Garrett and Viktoria with your non-Thief-playing free time (a.k.a School)

2339) You are thinking about making a Thief go-cart level with Dromed
    derrick mckee

"I am having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I have forgotten this before."

#2340 You feel like a loser because you can't play through TDP in one hour before going to bed anymore.

Your desktop is filled with Thief themes, sound schemes, icons etc...

You re-deisgn your room to make it look like a Shoalsgate office

You like the idea of wearing hard shoes

2344) You wonder why Garrett wears hard-soled shoes. He's a thief, should he wear something soft???

2345) You want to have your very own metal servant

2346) You spend hours thinking of new ways to get the objectives done
    derrick mckee

BANNED
    2347) When playing some kind of tag game, your first instinct is to 'hide in the shadows'

Page 24 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4914192021222324252627282934394449545964 ... LastLast