TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 61116212223242526272829303136414651566166 ... LastLast

Thread: 1000 clues that you have been playing thief way to much ...

BANNED
    #2378 You go around breaking every window possible to see if anyone will notice

#2379 You plan to break into the bank using only a pencil and lego as lockpicks

#2380 You actually succeed in breaking into the bank but wonder how the guards saw you in the shadows as your hauled off to prison

#2381 While in prison, you desperately search the ground for a lockpick hopeing the 'author' was nice enough to give you a way out\

#2382 You actually find that lockpick and break out of prison only to be suprised a day later when the police catch you in your house playing Thief

#2383 When you hear Thief 3 has been canceled plan an assassination

#2384 You wonder why you don't have a compass floating in the right corner of your 'screen' (in real-life)

#2385 You start to try to break down every locked door by hurling a hammer at it knowing nobody else cares

#2386 You are suprised when you get arrested AGAIN...

2387) You jump off a high cliff just to see if you can jump right before you die

2388) You spend all your waking hours trying to come up with never-before-seen clues that you have been playing Thief too long
    derrick mckee
    garretthethief23@excite.com

"I am having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I have forgotten this before."

2389. You try to come up with an idea before him, because life is a competition, and you intend to win!

BANNED
    #2390 You shoot yourself to see if your home-made healing potion works.

#2391 You stop eating because you think: I don't need to eat if Garrett doesn't, and eventually, you starve yourself to death.

2392) You are surprised to find out that if you land in some water after jumping from an extreamely high height, you are hurt none the less.

2394) You are surprised that when robbing someone's house, the owners can see you when you are hiding in a small sliver of shadow in the doorway.

2395) No matter how hard you try, you can never find the beginning of the fog on the ground.

2396) You are never surprised to see random objects floating over tables.

2397) You cannot go outside for fear that the trees might come alive, run towards you, and beat you to death.

COME ON PEOPLE!!!!!! KEEP THIS THREAD GOING!!!!!!!!
    derrick mckee

"I am having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I have forgotten this before."

You are in the bathroom brushing your teeth in the pre-dawn morning when you freeze in terror because you could have sworn you just heard a really close zombie growl in the hallway... and then open the door cautiously only to discover two of your cats are having a disagreement !
    Yes, the old cat really does growl with enthusiasm...

BANNED
    Originally posted by garretthethief23
    2397) You cannot go outside for fear that the trees might come alive, run towards you, and beat you to death.

2397) Whenever you go into a kitchen you eat every last cucumber
    and serch for a deer leg

#2399 (last post)

2400) When sightseeing in Hawaii, you bring some water arrows just in case you encounter some fire elementals near the volcanoes.

2401) You secretly frame a hot girl's father just so you can bust him out of jail to empress her

2402) You secretly trial the mail-man, just to see if he drops a letter in some dark alley.

2403) You have eyes like gollum from being in the dark too long

2404) You help out a friend whose girlfriend is grounded by clearing a path so he can spring the lock

2405) Your idea of a dream-girl is a girl who can grow vines from her hands, bleeds green blood, skin that looks like bark
    derrick mckee

2406) No matter hard you try, you can never shoot an arrow through a hole in a gate.

2407) You believe that trading a real eye for a mechanical one is worth the pain

2408) You get in trouble in school when the flashbombs you keep with you "just in case" accidently goes off in class
    derrick mckee

2409) you cry out "Garret, Garret ooooooooooh" whilst having a steamy session with your partner, even if you're male and straight.

2410) Your partner tries to drag you out into the light and your retinas get so damaged you can't see for a week.

2411)Your kids become adept at stealing coke and pizza without you even hearing a sound..sometimes with a blackjack.

2412)your pet rats are called Garret and Viktoria and make you smile as they horde all the food that rats horde as you think fondly of Garret stealing loot.

2413)You become impressed with real life thieves of legend like Jack Shepperd:

http://newark.rutgers.edu/~jlynch/Texts/sheppard.html

Originally posted by ninjaqueen
    2413)You become impressed with real life thieves of legend like Jack Shepperd:

http://newark.rutgers.edu/~jlynch/Texts/sheppard.html
    WHOA. Now he was pretty classy, up until he wandered around the town getting totally drunk. This is why Garrett sells the golden wine bottles - he doesn't want to end up like Benny and then get caught.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingerbread Man View Post
    What we've got is a pretty erudite membership with a very low tolerance for bullshit and a razor-sharp way of making displeasure abundantly apparent.

2414 When you get bored of theif, and play system shock 2 instead. then start a new list, trying to make that to 2414 or more

2415>You plan on buying a DAMN x-box because your computer suks little billy gates' twinkie!!!!!!

BANNED
    #2416 You practice mantling daily.

2417) You never use ladders to get somewhere high, only multitudes of crates
    derrick mckee

is a Black Cat!
    2418 > You sit in the shadows at work, making sure the boss doesn't get his eyes on you.

2419) When you need a cup of sugar, instead of calling up your neighbour to borrow one you sneak into his house, bj him and steal a cup. Then the next day you buy a new bag of sugar, sneak into his house, bj him again and replace the sugar you stole.

#2420 - You have an unusual fear of tile floors.

#2421 - When you come across a window you can reach, you have the urge to smash it and jump through.

#2422 - When you pick up an object you look for a soft carpet to throw it down.

#2423 - You try to turn out the lights by splashing water on them.

#2424 - You read other people's notes and letters when they are away from their desk to figure out what to do next.

#2425 - You walk everywhere stooping low.

#2426 You spent your last life (the whole of it), experimenting with polymorph spells and potions, in an attempt of becoming just like Constantine.

#2427 You have been successful.

BANNED
    #2428 You anticipate the day of your death as a senior citizen, with all your loved ones surrounding you, that your last words will be: "Did I get all the loot?". Then just before your last breath, the words "Mission complete" come across your vision.

#2429 You approach middle age and start looking for the local Keepers chapter in your area. Screw the Masons.

#2430 You've become such an expert at Thief and running circles around the AI that you start looking for an apprentice so you can teach her/him what you know.

#2431 You meet your unsuspecting apprentice, put on a dark leather jacket and some cool sunglasses, sit down in a recliner on a dark stormy night and say to him/her in a deep low tone: "Do you want to know WHAT Thief is?" Then you offer your freaked out Padewan either a deer leg or a carrot - telling them it's their choice.

#2432 You make a mistake in real life and wish for a Quickload button.

#2433 Your two most important criteria in a potential love interest: 1) is comfortable with darkness, and 2) tolerates your Thief playing.

#2434 You wish for a FM that has MSLedd, Starrfall, Sailoreagle, Vasquez, and the other TTLG babes in it.

#2435 You wish someone would make a FM where you could go up against The Builder Himself and whup his ass

#2436 You actually spend up to twenty minutes glaring at your computer monitor TRYING TO COME UP WITH THE STUPID 2,436TH LINE!!!

(whoops)

2437) your dream girl has long black hair dry skin and a green tint to her...Micheal Jackson of thief with skin bleaching?

2438) You go to church see a big hammer instead of a cross and say to the pastor/priest How art tho friend?

2439) You start a Thief fan club at your local college or University

2440) You dress as Garret to school or work

2441) You try to breed a Burrick by mating a Komodo dragon with a sheep

2442) You haven't been outside in the past week

2443) You request that your eye be replaced with a mechanical one like Garret's

2444) You impress your local locksmith with your L337 lockpicking skills

2445) You keep a BlackJack under your Pillow

2446) You throw your Sister into the FirePlace

2447) You read this Thread from the start

2448) You go around your house looking for secret switches
    Last edited by sluggs; 21st Jul 2003 at 08:03.

Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 61116212223242526272829303136414651566166 ... LastLast