TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2712172227323742474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 1669

Thread: 1000 clues that you have been playing thief way to much ...

2649: You lure the Hammer Haunts out of the catacombs in Eavesdropping and watch 'em go rambo on the Mechanists.

2650: You lure the Zombie out of the graveyard in Trace the Courier and watch IT go rambo on the City Watch

2651: You still think there is a way to kill 'GOLDENBOY'

2652: You try and complete the game killing as many as people as you can without touching them

2653: You start talking like Karras

2654: You start writing in Hammerite dialect

2655: You start writing in Pagan dialect

2656- You post in this thread more often than playing thief.

2657 -You are on your tenth disc for each game cos you wear them out - no hang on, thats cos my kids use them as frizbees

2658) During lovemaking you yell out Victorias name or if your a woman ..."Oh Garrett"
    2659) On a trip you always say " Better check my map"
    2660) You refer to the president as "Lord Bafford"
    2661) When you go hunting with a blackjack.

2662: When you found the Order of the Hammer/Vine in real life, just as Jedi's are an official religion now

First try, don't hurt me:

(2663) You ask your greengrocer what those "friends" are everyone is talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by KingAl View Post
    I think these are meant to be in the "1000 clues that you're a smug, bragging bastard" thread
    No, honest it's true, I do play Thief for relaxation now.
    The Honest Thief - FMs, screenshots, DromED, links

Zaccheus' hospital blog

(2664) You actually feel safer going into town after dark than during the day.

This has to be a repeat but...... You whistle all the tunes the guards whistle, and you even know the coughing sequences, especially that ridiculously long-winded one, you know the one.

(Wow, I posted one of these over a year ago, still going.)

jtr7
    2666. You're watching Ocean's Thirteen, and when you hear the line (IIRC) "That monstrosity of a building casts a shadow over my pool...." you immediately recall a line from Shipping...and Receiving: "Buncha taffers in this city. I live near Dayport, and I used to have a nice view of the mountains. I used to watch the sunrise with my wife every morning. But now, that metal monstrosity casts a permanent shadow over my house."

Sheesh.

#2667: You actually write and perform (with several other people) a Thief play that is comprised entirely of in-game spoken dialogue.

I was in a darkened room playing T2 yesterday. I was within line of sight of a couple of guards but was hidden in the shadows. My daughter walked around behind me and turned on a lamp and the whole area around me became illuminated and my first instinct was to tell her to turn the lamp off because the guards would see me. When that happens you know the line between game and reality has been crossed. I had to laugh at myself.

2668. A fluorescent lamp near you starts flickering and pulsing Cradle-style, and your first reaction is to duck to the closest shadow of the room before the Puppet shows up

*actually happened to me the other day at work, was about 5' from the shop bathroom when the overhead lamp started flickering and making that same staticy noise and I immediately ducked into the bathroom and left the light off

Permanently Enlarged
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrison64 View Post
    I was in a darkened room playing T2 yesterday. I was within line of sight of a couple of guards but was hidden in the shadows. My daughter walked around behind me and turned on a lamp and the whole area around me became illuminated and my first instinct was to tell her to turn the lamp off because the guards would see me. When that happens you know the line between game and reality has been crossed. I had to laugh at myself.
    lol, who needs reality? what with computers and all, you dont even need to leave the house.

Clue 2669

2669:
    When a member of your family gets married and the new in-laws are visiting for the first time, you mutter to yourself "Wretched intruder, thou shalt not escape".

so true!!!!

lol! havent even finished reading them all & i already found a number of things i do! omg maybe i do need 2 cut back on the game a little

Oh, wow. These are great.

Not sure (as I haven't read the WHOLE thread yet) but I'm fairly sure this is a good one:

2670: When first on the scene to some form of medical emergency, and looking around at the bodies lying in the floor, your initial instinct in assessing who to treat first is to quickly step over to the nearest recumbent form, and heft it on to your shoulder - so you can tell whether they are a "Corpse" or "Unconsious Body" or a Named Character, and thus someone important.

Seconded!!

2671~ You go to sell some stuff at the local pawn shop, and almost ask the guy behind the counter what the word on the street is . . .

2672 - You go to the pawn shop and expect to see the guy behind the counter get shot in the neck by an arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by smijos View Post

2648: You wonder where Lytha is now...
    Actually I found out she is playing guild wars now, ended up seeing a lytha on http://guildwars.incgamers.com forums and asked her in one post if she was the same one who played thief. Turns out it was.

Permanently Enlarged
    2673 - You re-write all 3 Thief games in command-line BASIC, and are miraculously able to maintain all the thiefy goodness.

2674 - Your BASIC version of T3 is actually BETTER than the retail version.

It's a trick question. You cannot play too much Thief.

BASIC? Oh man, the nightmares of trying to do that... Say, what language is Thief programmed in anyways?

2675: When playing with swords, you always pause and grunt whenever you bring it over your head.

2676: You've memorized Constantine's spell at the end of the game.

2677: You write fanfiction about Garrett and Viktoria hooking up because, face it, even if she is made of wood, she's the only available female character.

Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 2712172227323742474849505152535455565762 ... LastLast