TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4914192429343944495051525354555657585964 ... LastLast
Results 1,326 to 1,350 of 1666

Thread: 1000 clues that you have been playing thief way to much ...

2722: When rifling around the kitchen for a snack, you discover a hidden stash of munchies and say, "Not so secret anymore, is it?".

*Raises Hand* Guilty

2723: When you're never quite sure if places and buildings that you know so well and have been to so often, are in Thief or in real life.

2724:

You search through your mp3 collection and only find bands like:
    Corvus Corax, In Extremo and Subway To Sally...

2725:

90% of your Firefox bookmarks lead to a Thief related page and your download chronicles only consist of FM's and other stuff for Thief.

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    90% of your Firefox bookmarks lead to a Thief related page and your download chronicles only consist of FM's and other stuff for Thief.
    Then I'm indeed playing Thief too much.

2726: 3 months, 4 years, no matter how long the thread has gone untouched, if you feel you have a contribution to a dead conversation, you're gonna post it dammit!

2727: You revive dead threads with no intelligent contribution, just to see what others will think.

2728: You regularly check Thief- General discussion to see whether somebody replied to your posts in these dead threads.

I called my daughter a "Taffer" yesterday....

...and the dog's name is Garrett, for crying out loud!

2729: You read something which sounds just like "Bafford" and wondered what you could possibly want from him now.

(just happend to me a minute ago )
    Last edited by Khorn; 16th Feb 2008 at 18:26.

2730: Your friends throw a party, and you know you could learn some vital information there, yet you stay home, because too many guests were invited and someone would surely spot you.

[Although I don't know whether it's caused by playing Thief too much or just sign of severe social phobia.]
    Last edited by Zillameth; 16th Feb 2008 at 17:18. Reason: numbering typo

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    2724:

You search through your mp3 collection and only find bands like:
    Corvus Corax, In Extremo and Subway To Sally...

2725:

I'm guilty of that,hehe.

When you start mixing up questionable green and red coloured drinks and drinking them believing that they are invisible potions and speed potions.

jtr7
    2731: You are working on an exhaustive Encyclopædia of the Thief Universe, a fan-novel, and writing rough-draft essays about how deep the games are.

Permanently Enlarged
    2732: You begin a project to recreate Angelwatch in the city you live in.

wouldnt that be pimptacious? ^_^

2733 - You answer Garrett in a multiple choice quiz though you know it's the wrong answer.

2744 - You keep playing the damn quiz to earn enough points to get that really cool Thief hood for your avatar. How sad is that?

Don't know if this counts but a few years ago, a while after I first got this game someone broke into our house. I was despatched to confront the intruder so I stood atop the stairs, weary with being rudely awoken, and the words bellowed from my mouth before I knew what I was saying...

"Who's taffing about down there... Wait 'till I find you"

The next sounds to come from downstairs were those of a swift exit. When giving a statement it's fair to say that the policeman was bemused.

True story.

Don't mean to disrupt the flow, but is it funny to anyone else that this thread is so goddamn old that almost all of the poster profiles on the first few pages don't even exist in the TTLG system anymore?

Maybe i'm messed in the head, but i found it uproarious.

The Architect
    They exist in the system, but they're from an earlier board, and when the data was copied over, though the user profiles were ported, and the posts were ported, the info to connect the two was not.

But yes, it's old.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Nightfall View Post
    They exist in the system, but they're from an earlier board, and when the data was copied over, though the user profiles were ported, and the posts were ported, the info to connect the two was not.

But yes, it's old.
    You know, I went back there and just read some of the older posts, and it was a really strange feeling. It was like going back in time as if I was there with them all. I know I can't interact with them from back then, but still...

I know it sounds corny, but the written (typed) word is a great thing.

2736: Your flatmate gets a Facebook invitation to try the Blackjack application, and when he mentions it, you go: "A Blackjack app! How cool is that! ...no, wait..."

--
    Larris

#2737 (TDS/Ed only): If you happen to look down a street lined with lights, you keep telling yourself: "This scene must be jerky, I can almost see the surges."

Permanently Enlarged
    Quote Originally Posted by Beleg Cúthalion View Post
    #2737 (TDS/Ed only): If you happen to look down a street lined with lights, you keep telling yourself: "This scene must be jerky, I can almost see the surges."
    Mmm... Jerky...

Reciting Hammer text in church. I would love to see someone do that! That would be hilarious!

"If thou hast the eyes to see the glory of the Master Builder, but do not, then pluck them out!"

"Vigilance is our shield, which protects us from the squalid paths. Knowledge is our weapon, to which we carve a path to an enlightned future."

Those Hammerites remind me of those Catholic people chanting in church.

Done that, fairly loud as I remember.

2738. When your bedroom contains Hammer regalia. More will be revealed.
    Last edited by Holy Thief; 14th Apr 2008 at 11:00. Reason: Needed to add more.

2739: When you make an iron-on t-shirt with thief related material (hopefully no one has ever posted this.)

Hey there, thought i'd contribute. Don't think I've ever posted on here. I think the thread should be renamed to just "clues that you have been playing thief way too much ..." or maybe "clues that thief has influenced your life" (the only reason give this suggestion is because you may have a time period where you don't play thief itself for a long time, but you never forget it.)

#2740 (woot! a 1408 number! it adds up to 13!)

You're standing in the (empty) hall of a hospital ward preparing for your next round past the rooms. The lights are semi off, as to indicate patients having the possibility of resting a bit (untill you wake them up again ).
    Then a door behind you creaks open, and at the same time the lights above you start to flicker!
    Frozen to the ground not knowing whether to reach out for your holy water or dagger to defend yourself with or run like mad you turn to the source...

The patient, coming from the toilet scuttles past you with a weak smile, slightly taken aback by the nervous twitching of your eyes. She doesn’t know that the sounds and shadows of the Shalebridge Cradle bounce back and forth in your head. You watch her disappear in one of the rooms, blood drained from your face.

((It happened to me yesterday.... I swear. Flickering lights wouldn’t have that much impact on me hadn’t it been for that one Cradle patient’s survival of my entire inventory of ballistics. Now I fear the lights for what they bring with them.... ))

Well you know sNeaksieGarrett, it's seriously worrying what an effect this game has had. I hadn't posted before 'till I was just so struck by how involved I am in it that I should deliberately make a wrong answer to some stupid quiz game.

2741# There was another occasion I remember when I thought I'd become seriously deranged when I was in my local bank in Devon and the 'teller' (for you US folk) shrieked because she saw a spider. I tried very hard to mantle onto the counter and only later realised what I'd been doing. And that breath intake noise you make when you mantle. I had some extremely odd looks, I can tell you. I just wonder what the hell the security people might think when they reviewed the security tapes.

It's really quite frightening how these things seem to happen automatically without any awareness until afterwards. And, even worse, no-one else I know understands it at all!

Page 54 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4914192429343944495051525354555657585964 ... LastLast