TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 813182328333843485354555657585960616263 ... LastLast
Results 1,426 to 1,450 of 1671

Thread: 1000 clues that you have been playing thief way to much ...

3357. The final item on your shopping list is "Don't kill anyone".

3358: I find when waking up every morning, I'll expect my glasses, which are buried somewhere, to emit a satisfying glint. God, I wish that would happen @_@ (Looking for glasses when everything's blury=not fun, should really think about laser surgery.)

I think the best thing to do is get into a routine of putting them down in the same place every night.

3359: You call the suicide hotline when there has not been a new fan mission released in more than a week.

Quote Originally Posted by addone View Post
    3358: I find when waking up every morning, I'll expect my glasses, which are buried somewhere, to emit a satisfying glint. God, I wish that would happen @_@ (Looking for glasses when everything's blury=not fun, should really think about laser surgery.)
    I wear those breathable contacts. They say you can wear them overnight for up to 6 nights but sometimes I go a few months without taking them out. When I went to the Dr for a totally unrelated eye infection, he said it didn't look like there was any sign of overwear. Anyway, they're freaking great, you should try them

2 more...

This is my first post as a long-time lurker. Gotta say, I love this forum!

Credited to my best friend Corey (who introduced me to Thief):
    3360: you know youve played too much thief when as you try to sneak around a corner with your weapon drawn and you physically lean to try to see around the corner, then when your character unexpectantly springs around the corner you scream and let your weapon fly...only to see nothing there.

and

3361: you have memorized the blackjack scene, and found 10 different ways to make it amusing while you kill them during the dialogue.
    Last edited by CEEtheDinoman; 12th Mar 2009 at 03:44. Reason: Oops

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    Lol. Anyway:

3362: You have a visibility gem in your dreams.

This happened to me in last night's dream. There were also zombies.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is a really old one on this list, but speaking of visibility gems

3363: You really start wanting a visibility gem everywhere ... in other games, when you're walking down a street, at school/work... Not that you'd use it to do anything particularly dodgy. But just to know you could.

3364 : You always carry a compass with you.
    3365 : You ask the local priest whether real world services include forging hammers and cogs...
    3366 : While visiting the zoo, you always try to sneak past monkey exhibits or the arthropod/insect pavillons...
    3367 : You can recite Hammerite prayers, Benny's drinking songs, children's rhymes about the Hag and the opera about the Hammer novice and wood nymph verbatim.
    3368 : When you try to unlock your entrance door and realize you forgot your keys, you pull out a sword and start slashing at the door.
    3369 : You only drink magical potions.
    3370 : When somebody mentions his brand new fool-proof security locks he installed all over his house, you only smile and start planning another night job.
    3371 : You regard Eric Brosius the best composer of all time and you only listen to the tracks from Thief - over and over again.
    3372 : While reading an illustrated guide to ancient Greek mythology, you point at a satyr and dryad and say : "Oh, look ! The Trickster and Viky !"
    Last edited by Petike the Taffer; 15th Mar 2009 at 13:27.

Quote Originally Posted by Petike the Taffer
    3368 : When you try to unlock your entrance door and realize you forgot your keys, you pull out a sword and start slashing at the door.
    That made me laugh

3373. You contemplate over and over again if you could rally become a master Thief IRL

3374: You catch yourself wishing for simpler times, a rope arrow and a lord's mansion full of gold plates and fat purses

3375. You practice "floating" around, the way Garrett occasionally does in Thief: DS. (It's a bug that looks quite hilarious)

3376. When you want to douse a fire, you are searching four hours, but still there is no single water arrow in your house or in your neighbour's.

3377: You try to play Half-Life 2 and every other FPS game stealthily.

hah, that one was bound to be said sooner or later :P

(or maybe it has, but I don't feel like looking through the thread, and I'm sure you didn't either addone.)

3378: You start using Garrett Juice to fertilize your plants just because of the name.

That's really sick. I mean, do you read this as "attic juice" or is the double-t too strong?

jtr7
    Heh heh, what? Where are you getting that?

Keeper of FMs
    Quote Originally Posted by addone View Post
    3377: You try to play Half-Life 2 and every other FPS game stealthily.
    Yep. I've been ruined for most other FPS. Not that I mind!

3379: Every time you hear about Nazi gold you wonder how good the extra content is.

Quote Originally Posted by Petike the Taffer View Post
    3364 : You always carry a compass with you.
    I don't do shopping generally - it doesn't like me, but needs must. Because of that, I don't really know the centre of the city that well. But on Saturday I had to get my courage up together. And about every 10 minutes I found myself looking down to my right, looking for my compass.

Quote Originally Posted by sneakytaffer View Post
    When you use the name "taffer" in all of your online user names.
    It's worse for email! Try finding a gmail account that doesn't have a million other nickies.

Well that was interesting. Posting my reply I was told 'thank you and I'd now be taken to the poll results' - or something similar!

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    I couldn't stop cracking up about that one...

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    I don't do shopping generally - it doesn't like me, but needs must. Because of that, I don't really know the centre of the city that well. But on Saturday I had to get my courage up together. And about every 10 minutes I found myself looking down to my right, looking for my compass.
    I found myself doing this so i got a watch with a compass a couple of years ago.

Well that was interesting. Posting my reply I was told 'thank you and I'd now be taken to the poll results' - or something similar!
    It says something like that every time.

3380: You deliberately refer to your attic as 'garret' all the time, just for the dubious humour of it.

3381: You spell caress as 'karras', and when someone asks you why, you start shouting at them " 'Cos it's spelt like that, you bastard, with one 's' and two 'r's, just like Garrett is written with with twain 't's!!!!". And you smite them mightly.

The Architect
    So your mispelling of Garrett in the first line was intentional?

3382: You still think, after all these years, that no game has been able to render light and shadow as well as the dark engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Nightfall View Post
    So your mispelling of Garrett in the first line was intentional?
    No, since 'garret' actually does mean 'attic', as well.

Page 58 of 67 FirstFirst ... 813182328333843485354555657585960616263 ... LastLast