TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 914192429343944495455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 1666

Thread: 1000 clues that you have been playing thief way to much ...

3383 : You visit the bank, only to discover a robbery is just getting started at the entrance. After catching a glimpse of the entering robber, you quickly run into the main hall and shout at the staff and customers : "Please be warned ! A misguided soul !"

3384 : Or, alternatively... You pull out a blackjack and K.O. your bold but foolhardy competitor.

3385 : Or... you pull out a bow and aim a fire arrow at him, with the words : "This is my turf, taffer... Scram !"

3386: the photos you take at your son's wedding are not of the bride and groom or bridesmaids or guests but those fantastic beams in the refectory where I wondered which particular beam was best for my rope arrow. Or the beautiful, arched wooden doors which would look fabulous in a mission or the fireplace in the ceremony room with the secret passage, or the slightly crumbling turret round the back that would only need a half a dozen crates to get to.

I know, predictable, and it was foretold - but I didn't do a runner through that secret passage and, more importantly, I didn't punch the lights out of the mother of the bride.

Though I wish I had.

3387-You have been posting clues that you have been playing Thief way too much since this thread started 10 years ago. (not guilty)

3388: You think twice about opening spam e-mails coming from an MRamirez or perhaps other characters/names of the Thief universe.

(just happened)

Permanently Enlarged
    3389: You anxiously await the arrival of the PC version of Red Faction so you can attempt a Thief-based mod for it.

I'm guessing you mean a modern stealth game with ideas from thief? I ask because it would seem weird to do it on a game like red faction since it's a futuristic FPS.

jtr7
    But then again, maybe he's just played too much Thief and is wanting to mod unrelated games to be more like it. Obsession #3389.

3390: You make a 360 degree thief skydome for Compiz Fusion (on Linux) from in-game screenshots. I'll bet nobody has posted this one before.

Permanently Enlarged
    Quote Originally Posted by sNeaksieGarrett View Post
    I'm guessing you mean a modern stealth game with ideas from thief? I ask because it would seem weird to do it on a game like red faction since it's a futuristic TPS.
    Oh no, I meant using Guerrilla's engine; heavily modified, of course. It would definitely add something very, very ... interesting to Thief. It'd definitely add a whole new dimension to mines and fire arrows.

3391: You replace all the default sounds of Windows XP with the menu selection and other sounds from Thief 2. When you start Windows, you hear "ambstart.wav" and when you shut down you hear "newobj2".

Quote Originally Posted by RavynousHunter View Post
    Oh no, I meant using Guerrilla's engine; heavily modified, of course. It would definitely add something very, very ... interesting to Thief. It'd definitely add a whole new dimension to mines and fire arrows.
    So, are you going to try and create one ?

Quote Originally Posted by Platinumoxicity View Post
    3391: You replace all the default sounds of Windows XP with the menu selection and other sounds from Thief 2. When you start Windows, you hear "ambstart.wav" and when you shut down you hear "newobj2".
    I need to try this out.

Permanently Enlarged
    If the proper tools are provided, I don't see why not. Methinks that's why the PC version has been delayed so long, its either that or some crap regarding piracy, which I'm hoping like hell it isn't.

I think it would be totally sweet, maybe allow the prone position so you could make small holes in a wall at the base of a mansion to make for an easy, do-it-yourself entry. Maybe Garrett could even have a hammer with him (not a sledge, more like a regular hammer) so he could make such holes. Of course, we'd need to find a way to extend the inventory if it's as limited as it is in the 360 version. Then again, no one ever said it would be easy.

3392: You try to find clues in letters, notes, diaries in your house and other people's houses, but find nothing because no one has the habit of writing notes and diaries. But people know all about you because you, as a thief player, leave lots of notes containing your secrets and passwords around your place.

Permanently Enlarged
    ^- Guilty.

Necromancy time:
    3393: You dream your house is full of little jumpping spiders, you have no arsenal, and have to run from them.

Quote Originally Posted by RavynousHunter View Post
    If the proper tools are provided, I don't see why not. Methinks that's why the PC version has been delayed so long, its either that or some crap regarding piracy, which I'm hoping like hell it isn't. I think it would be totally sweet, maybe allow the prone position so you could make small holes in a wall at the base of a mansion to make for an easy, do-it-yourself entry. Maybe Garrett could even have a hammer with him (not a sledge, more like a regular hammer) so he could make such holes.
    Well, the main selling point of the Red Faction series were always highly distructable walls, suited for creating alternate pathways, so I see what you're on to. It would certainly be interesting to try it out in a stealth-based game like Thief.

Permanently Enlarged
    'Ey, no harm, no foul.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinumoxicity View Post
    3391: You replace all the default sounds of Windows XP with the menu selection and other sounds from Thief 2.
    3394: Omg I've replaced all the default sounds of Windows XP with the menu selection and other sounds from Thief 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    3394: Omg I've replaced all the default sounds of Windows XP with the menu selection and other sounds from Thief 2.

Good, good. When I do something wrong in Windows I don't hear that horrible *blonk* default sound, but instead I hear the pleasant loot sound from Thief.

Seconded. When my Windows starts up I hear Garrett's voice making various statements such as, 'No!' when there's an error etc. Had to delete the links since they don't seem to want to work ..... sorry!

Much better than those Godawful default noises.
    Last edited by Dia; 21st Jun 2009 at 22:32. Reason: Broken links.

3395: You have a trap door to hide your car keys, house keys, pets, family, relatives, and even the house itself...

3396: You put a padlock on the fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dia View Post
    Seconded. When my Windows starts up I hear Garrett saying http://diahorn.zoomshare.com/files/M...n_Garrett_.wav, or when I do something wrong (depending on the error) I hear http://diahorn.zoomshare.com/files/MP3s/No.mp3 or http://diahorn.zoomshare.com/files/M...s_going_on.mp3 , or http://diahorn.zoomshare.com/files/M..._like_that.mp3 .

Much better than those Godawful default noises.
    I clicked on your links and saw this screen:

"Payment Required
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, customerservice@zoomshare.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log
    ."

I like this idea too of substituting Windows default sounds with these

Quote Originally Posted by Albert View Post
    3396: You put a padlock on the fridge.
    I'm not sure this one has anything to do with Thief, fatty!

BANNED
    Okay, this is a true story!

One day I heard my dogs barking at the front door and I hear someone trying to open the locked door. The guy walked away after he heard my dogs. I looked out the window and saw a fat old man walk away from my house.

Since I was bored, I decided to follow the guy and use stealth to see were this guy is going. So I took my distance from the guy and followed him a few streets over. He finaly walked into a house and I got the guy's address. You know, just in case he decides to break in my house. I have never had a guy try opening my door and walk away when he hears dogs.

Turns out that I never saw the old man since. So it looks like I followed a guy like I was on a stealth mission for no reason.

This has to be a sign that I play too much Thief!

3397: In real life, when you hear an odd noise, you say "what was that?" and then a few moments later "Must have been rats". I've actually done this a few times! I've never said it when someone else was near me... I wonder how they'd react.

Page 59 of 67 FirstFirst ... 914192429343944495455565758596061626364 ... LastLast