TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 491419242934394041424344
Results 1,076 to 1,088 of 1088

Thread: The Seven Sisters Dec.23/07 by Lady Rowena-UPDATED TO VERSION 2

To defeat the final sister, I recommend ignoring her for now and exploring her chamber more carefully.

I figured it out

It's the same problem as before. For me it is a colour issue where everything looks like stone. It's a pretty cool mission set but from what I've read the game doesn't like my monitor because it's interpreting the colours wrong.

Edit: It's disheartening I don't have a different monitor to replace this one. I just bought it and have no plan on buying another. Colour & lighting issues make the game extremely difficult to play.
    Last edited by howeird; 15th Mar 2020 at 11:27.

[QUOTE=baeuchlein;2440820]My old notes state that there indeed is one gate with a lever nearby which is non-functional. In the room where Sister Serafina is and where a duel takes place, there is a large gate and a lever, but the lever either is non-frobbable, or it does not open anything if used. The player does not have to open this gate.

I also remember that this place was the end of one of three paths the player can take from somewhere near the starting point. One of the three paths is hidden somewhere in water. Most likely, this third path leads to some kind of cemetary, while the other two lead to two of the Sisters.

i stuck at this point

i got serafina's heart, but the lever isn't frobbable. i went back to the starting area, but i cannot find the two other possibilities you have mentioned for the further way

You are right one is under water at that first lake at the beginning that you obviously found. The other 2 are straight ahead on land. One is climbing over the wall using the rocks. The other is continuing on the path. Wall is cemetery and path is pagans. Hope this helps!

I have now re-played the first part of this mission again to refresh my memory.

You start this mission near a small lake. Water comes out of a pipe made of stone. One or two water arrow crystals may float in the lake.

First, one might take the submerged passage in the lake near the beginning. It leads to Serafina and her heart. To visit her, approach the lake and take a dive. Down and to one side, a crack in the lake's walls should become visible, and Garrett must swim through. Along the way, an air pocket at the ceiling should be used to refresh the master thief's air supply. At the end, a ladder leads out, and you stand before an old mill. Serafina is somewhere in there. Also, don't forget to obtain a stone key there. It can be found in one of the living quarters.

Later on, return to the lake, then walk into the direction opposite the water pipe. After a short time, a wall can be seen before the player. Shortly before that and to the left, there is an opening which the player may overlook at first.

Climbing over the wall should be reserved for later on since this leads to where you need the two Sisters' hearts, and their stone keys, too.

The way branching off before the area with the wall leads to caves with burricks and a Pagan inside. In there, you can also enter a second set of caves, and exit to some "pagan-ish" area with high hollow trees and passages in between them. Some equipment may be obtained in there, and on the upper level of that area, a passage opens a way to a second area with female pagans and a treebeast. Another Sister (Heather?) is the Pagan shaman. She carries a strange staff while the other Pagans there are armed with bows.

Heather does not have to be killed. If Garrett knocks her out, he can take her heart, which is all he needs here. Extinguishing some torches with water arrows might help in coming and going without being noticed. You definitely don't want an angry treebeast behind your back - especially when you also have to take another stone key from here. This one waits for you in a small room behind the main room of the shaman. The "door" can be hacked open with the sword; I do not know whether there is another, more silent method.

Once Garrett has what he came for, he should return to the wall where the way to the burricks branched off. With the help of the boulders and rocks on one side, he should be able to climb onto the wall. Take a good look around there, for one or two hostile beings are patrolling that area. Both may attack the player, and only the humanoid one can be killed, as far as I know.

Following the path there lets the player reach an opening in a face on a wall, and beyond that opening, there is a room with a stone slab on the ground. Read the warning before stepping in, or you might regret it.

To proceed, one has to destroy the Sisters' hearts with the two seeds in Garretts inventory, and a short while after that, the stone keys can also be used to get further.

I think that is enough for now.

Crypt Key disappears

When I place the Holy Hammer on the altar, Brother Martino thanks me and places the key inside the altar. The key disappears!

Any thoughts?

I tested this mission not long ago and it worked fine then. Can you upload a save, we'll check the physics of the altar but I suspect it's just one of those annoying things that happens occasionally. You may have to restart the mission from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    I tested this mission not long ago and it worked fine then. Can you upload a save, we'll check the physics of the altar but I suspect it's just one of those annoying things that happens occasionally. You may have to restart the mission from the beginning.
    Hello Fortuni, I have restarted the mission from the beginning, with the dmls and following Unna Ds advice on the tnhscript. It doesn't seem to make any difference.

I've sent you the save file via email. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Jax reports the following

The key appears to be teleporting properly, but its "Contains" links are not being removed, which prevents the "HasRefs" property from being set appropriately after the key has been teleported. Consequently, the key is not able to be seen or interacted with. This appears to be the result of an oversight while moving the fixed TrapTeleporter script from a nut to a compiled module in 1.27c.

Until I can properly address this, this can be avoided by either removing the "HasRefs" property prior to the object being teleported (which is possible with a DML) or simply by un-loading T2Fix.osm, the combined script module. The latter can be accomplished by modifying OSM\gamesys.dml.
    Until we have fixed this issue with a dml here a save that allows you to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    Jax reports the following

Until we have fixed this issue with a dml here a save that allows you to continue.
    Thanks fortuni!

Seven Sisters troubleshooting: crypt key bug

Hi, I am kind of new to FMs and have run into a problem with The Seven Sisters. The crypt key is not appearing in the cathedral, even though everything else seems to go smoothly (I place the hammer on the pedestal, the lights go up, and the ghost comes over and does his key-placing animation). This is keeping me from progressing in the mission.

I have reloaded from various saves and tried again, but the key never shows up on the pedestal. I even reinstalled T2 and restarted the FM with a different FM selector.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Any ideas for a solution? I was thinking maybe I could put in a console command to get the key, but I wouldn't know how to do that.

This is a result of the same issue detailed here. Following the instructions in the linked post to replace the noted file in your Thief 2 install should allow you to continue without restarting the mission.

It worked! Thanks jax64

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 491419242934394041424344