TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: United Bank of Audale 12/24/07

Thanks a bunch!

Sting

Sorry Mxleader, but I stop playing now. I'm annoyed not to be able to climb onto the cimney. I guess your testers should have given you an advise to repair this.
    I tried all the hints, but I just can't make it.
    I give up.

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

chimney

Gloria, if you will move down to the chimney from the police station side slowly, and on the right hand side of the chimney it is very easy to mantle. What I do is when I get close start trying to back up at the same time as mantling and you can make it.

spoiler:
    Try starting from the very top of the roof and run, jump and mantle.

I'm getting tired of keyhunting...

spoiler:
    I've been inside the bank, but can't open the vault door (the one near the first watcher). Where is the key to that?

spoiler:
    Where is the key to the safe in the warehouse? I have one "safe key", but that doesn't work.

spoiler:
    Where is the key to the gate that connects the two areas?

spoiler:
    Is there any use at all for the "useful key"? It certainly does NOT open the warehouse window, at least from the outside.

spoiler:
    Picking up the copy of Thief Gold does not tick the objective. Am I supposed to do something with it?

Jah : Have you been to the Inn? Santa would know how to enter. There you should find answers to at least your first & last questions.

The "useful key" locked/unlocked that window for me after I'd sworded it open - maybe some kind of 'almost-bug' in my copy...

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Jah : Have you been to the Inn? Santa would know how to enter. There you should find answers to at least your first & last questions.
    I've been at the inn and I've got
    spoiler:
    the gear key, but what I need for the bank is the second key that, according to the note, is held by the bank manager. Where the hell is he? As for Thief Gold, am I supposed to drop it under the Christmas tree at the inn? I seem to recall the pre-mission objective list saying something like that, but within the mission, it simply says "Thief Gold for Little Timmy" without any specific instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    The "useful key" locked/unlocked that window for me after I'd sworded it open - maybe some kind of 'almost-bug' in my copy...
    I'd say it's a full bug. AFAIK,
    spoiler:
    the window is the only way to enter the warehouse, so locking or unlocking it from the inside is quite pointless.

Have you been to the cafe where there are
    spoiler:
    two men both with keys
    Or at least there were. There was, again, not 100% sure, a
    spoiler:
    2nd key at the inn
    I haven't yet played the released version.

mxleader's initial post mentioned a quirk with the keys.

Yep, I've been to the café.
    spoiler:
    One of the two men has the warehouse key, the other has a safe key. Neither fits into the lockbox inside the bank, or into the safe in the secret room of the warehouse.

As for the inn,
    spoiler:
    I found a total of three keys inside: the hotel office key, the hotel master key and the useful key. Again, none of these fits the locks inside the bank or the warehouse.

And as for the gate that connects the two areas,
    spoiler:
    someone said that it opens with the "gate key". The only gate key I've found is the city gate key that opens the large green door between the warehouse and the foundry (where I presume you have to go to end the mission). It doesn't fit the gate between the areas.

Also, I've been unable to enter the
    spoiler:
    second floor of the foundry (the "art storage"?). Is there a key to that door, and is there anything important inside?

Re: the gate that connects the two areas, I think that can be found above the cafe reached by an outside beam

My memory is rubbish I'm afraid so I hope I'm not leading you astray!

I do remember though that I tried most keys on most doors at one time or another - as to the rest of the keys I don't know anymore I'm afraid.
    Last edited by nickie; 12th Jan 2008 at 12:33.

I just need to find the last little bit of loot, from what I've read, 2907 seems to be a magic number for a lot of taffers.

Nice FM, fun to play, nice atmosphere! Enjoyed it. Loved finding Thief gold, ohhhhhh, literally thief gold! I laughed.

Sorry Jah - got called away - the foundry the key was on one of the guards, top floor I think and Gloria Creep would think it was vital but I think there's also loot there.

Thanks nickie, I found those two keys. However, I'm no closer to getting the Horn of Quintus. I've tried every key I have into the lockbox inside the bank, but nothing works. Is there yet another key out there somewhere that I've missed, or is this lock bugged like the window?

Edit: Nevermind, I finally found the key.
    spoiler:
    It was on the nobleman (the manager, I presume) on the second floor of the hotel. The way he's facing, the key is almost impossible to see unless you sneak really, really close.
    Last edited by Jah; 11th Jan 2008 at 12:10.

Ok... I've finished every objective except for the loot - I'm still about 400 short. I've found
    spoiler:
    the golden dice, the ring by the pool, the purse in the ATM, the thieves' strongbox, the safe in the warehouse (which was unlocked!)...
    I must be missing something obvious.

Did you go up into the attic above the cafe - not the key part but from inside the cafe? Think there's something up there. There's a purse on the woman with the man who had that key you were looking for. I'll keep trying to dredge up the memories.
    Last edited by nickie; 12th Jan 2008 at 12:32.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Did you go up
    spoiler:
    into the attic above the cafe - not the key part but from inside the cafe?
    spoiler:
    From inside the café? How do I get there? I don't see any upstairs exits inside the café - although I did notice a golden wine bottle on the upper shelf that I'd missed before. After getting that and the lady's purse, I'm now about 250 gold short.

Again I'll have to say there was (in the beta), an opening in the ceiling very close to where the two men are standing - it was hard to spot as its very dark just there.
    Last edited by nickie; 12th Jan 2008 at 12:31.

You're right, there is indeed
    spoiler:
    an opening. I probably didn't notice it because I was trying not to alert the two guys.
    150 more to go...

There's a hard to snaffle plate in a cupboard in the Fortnight Inn kitchen

I'm running through this again now so will edit this post if I remember any more well hidden places.

Thanks, another one I'd missed.
    spoiler:
    It's actually an urn, not a plate.
    . Only 50 left!

I also discovered that
    spoiler:
    there's an attic at the inn as well, with a female thief (?) and a sea chest, but no loot as near as I can tell.

Jah - Try the other cupboard. It really is a plate! You may need to rope up a bit. That will probably be what you're missing now.

Thanks, that did it! Mission complete!

Hi Mxleader

Well i'm a little late with playing a christmas story, but i think it's never the wrong time for some happy fluffy atmosphere as you created in your FM.

I had a lot of fun and enjoyed every minute, although it took me at least more than 3 hours cause i tried to solve a major problem ...

When i read the posts before i see where most of us stucked:

It's the tricky entry into the chimney over the roof of the hotel. There're two hotel places and so spent half an hour seeking Lady Ann and her key at the wrong place. After I found the clue (and i couldn't find it without some hints here) there were no chance for me to return to this roof cause the key for this small iron gate between the areas was hidden tooooooooo well )

but that's just my little critique and nevertheless *thumbsup* for this funny mission (one without undead...exept of the piecy one )

Buggy mission

I'm having fun with this mission, there's some really nice stuff in it, but it must be buggy. I have every key but none, even the gate key, will open the gate. None of them open the window on the ledge, either. That had to be bashed open. I have 2 safe keys, one for a safe that wasn't locked in the first place. The combination written on the crumpled paper doesn't open the ATM door. Does that have to be bashed open, too? I've been everywhere mentioned in this thread for loot, got all the loot from each place as far as I can tell, and am still $293 short of the $3000 objective. Any ideas? How much loot is in that ATM?

I have just played this mission which was a lot of fun.
    Loved the holiday Atmosphere even getting to play it later.
    Nice touches in it. Loved finding Thief Gold
    I could not
    open the little window if it was the useful key? it did not work.
    Used the sword!.

Is there a key for
    the small gate opposite the Hammers place
    I could not open it.

@redleaf I don't remember how much was in
    ATM.It is all in the tray there. the combination should work which puts the money there.
    Did you find the Thief and sea chest. The cupboard in the hotel has a plate too, ring by the pool
    You have been in the vault?
    Last edited by Gillie; 13th Feb 2008 at 00:18.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast