TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 11 of 330 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516212631364146515661111261 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

Master Builder 2018
    Newbie here, but long Long LONG time lurker on the forums. I started DromEding last fall after years of being a taffer (and hee-yuge gobbler of fan missions). I'm working on a City/Hammerite mish with some focus on the elusive Smith-in-Exile. Although I've probably played 90% of all published fan missions, I can't remember who else may, or may not, have delved into this theme. Does anyone else know? Just playing it safe, I don't want to commit fanmade plagiarism Old English Comp 101 fears aside.

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    a shot from the new city portion of evil never dies, which was totally rebuilt. i had poly counts in the 600-700 range previously, i almost never go above 300 anymore with careful attention to detail and sight lines. i haven't put any lights in yet, or even done pathfinding, its just build build build.

I was working on a mission, consisting of a new Cetus Amicus and a sailing vessel. But I got far too much poly's and I stopped working on it, a week ago.

But I have another idea already and I did some planning/"scheduling" on it, this time a city mission...

Ahhh,..... amazing... i like it very much this new Cetus Amicus project ! my compliments

A nice bit of scripting:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGbU-3xVPyk
    On the left, a hammer, on the right, an unarmed Hammerite, but not for long
    (the objects only glow to make them easier to see)

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    That's very cool. Is there a downloadable version? I don't have a home net connection, but that chart would be very handy while building.
    Just save the page?
    There's no server-side scripting or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    On the left, a hammer, on the right, an unarmed Hammerite, but not for long
    I can't help but notice his amazing ability to get the hammer into his hand without actually picking it up.
    Last edited by Nameless Voice; 31st Jan 2008 at 17:29.

The Architect
    R, wouldn't that work the same with a guard who has his sword attached to his belt? It wouldn't have the sword-draw animation, but it could do the sound effect couldn't it?

Yes I believe it would, and you could have an animation if one exists. It's an alert response that triggers what I did.

Hey, that was pretty kewl!

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Nightfall View Post
    R, wouldn't that work the same with a guard who has his sword attached to his belt? It wouldn't have the sword-draw animation, but it could do the sound effect couldn't it?
    Makes me wonder when To Uncurse a Thief is coming out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    Makes me wonder when To Uncurse a Thief is coming out.

Oh Ran...umm err Shadowspawn...paging Shadowspawn...

I wonder about that too. I did voice work for Lord Fishkill. I might have done something for TUC too...I just can't remember!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    IIRC the sword-drawing and sheathing motions were used in LFC.

I passed all current exams at both universities I study so I finally have some time (a week maybe? Hard to believe - so much time...) to work on my second mission (following my debut - The Box). This one will include some action on city streets (hopefully with some rooftop areas, but I don't promise that ) and the Post Office area mentioned in The Box as a place where Garrett have a mission to acomplish.
    I started to expand my city space and realised that I started too far from (0,0,0) point: in (+500, +500, 0) position. With time some new parts of the city were built quite close to +1000, +1000 so I couldn't expand them more So I multibrushed whole level (with "multi-brush-me" function of the area brush) and shifted it 320 units closer to the (0,0,0) in x and y directions. I guess everything will be fine after that, no brushes highlights as unsnapped after the move. I choose 320 units value to preserve textures' alignement. Everything looks fine so I can progress in building

Not very big city yet, about 490 brushes already used. No AI's, no objects (except some doors and windows), no roombrushing yet. Just some unfinished architecture.

"Reliance upon others is weakness for the strong, but strength for the weak. Wisdom and balance lie in knowing your own nature over time"
    The Box, WL

Quote Originally Posted by ghost_in_the_shell View Post
    I passed all current exams at both universities I study so I finally have some time
    Congratulations.

Very much looking forward to the next part.

Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    as an aside, sword drawing is more about the models, you change from a plain model, play the drawing motion, use trapphantom or the like to make the sword invisible and change the ai model to the sword version, likely via a stim. add the sound effect and it could be convincing, perhaps something for me to work on.

In Schwaa's Dark City project (R.I.P.) we had AI that drew their swords when they went to level 2 alert (searching) and sheathed them if they went back to 0, and all working out of the gamesys. It's a shame that project died.

ok, it's time...
    actually i did it.
    In my two big (too big ?) projects: HOC2 & TAMODZ the sword draw is a reality just from 1 year and half... still waiting to release them to show that !

The Architect
    I'm itching to put the sword draw into my FM, but feature creep is a killer, and this FM has already had its fair share of bubonic plagues.

what am I now working on..
    I think I must say, what are we working on...

redleaf and I did make a nice pack.... right now she is retexturing my mission ( the sequel for the librarian) I did allready see some early previews and it looks so good
    meanwhile I'm busy scripting for her mission. ( that started out as an entrance for the hammerite contest but by far could not make the deadline)

really great to work on a team. not only being able to do more of the things I really like ( and am fairly good in) and leave the things I like less ( and are real bad in), for more competent ones
    but it is allso great fun because we discuss our storylines, plots and turns in the story.it is really stimulating, I love it

It is really fun when it works. Moghedian and I have been working on Death's Cold Embrace off and on for 5 years now, and it definitely has been fun (at least for me). We're finally settling on a good reworking of the story, with some help from Peter Smith.

Working in a new q3 industrial style mission for t2

Tomorrow im going to start to make projects, scetches for my new mission

I'm not working on anything at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggs View Post
    I'm not working on anything at the moment!
    C'mon Sluggs quit your slacking!

Should'nt you be working on your lighthouse FM? Another bestest FM wouldn't be bad idea either. Whatever happened to your "cavey" mission?

Get crackin!

The cavey mission is on hold, (I need to get the Lighthouse FM done) Got more objects to make first.

In the meantime, another game is taking up my time, and I'm addicted to it! Darn!

Look who's talking Sliptip needs to finish his.

Page 11 of 330 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516212631364146515661111261 ... LastLast