TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 12 of 329 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617222732374247525762112262 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

It's really dragging too. . .

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    But I wanna beta test it! WAHHHH!

Beh, I'm dragging on DP2 too. Just haven't been real motivated the last few weeks.

Ugh, yeah I hate that burnt out feeling when you've just been thinking about it WAY too much.

I got the sense you were experiencing the same thing with DP2.

The Architect
    It's worse to be really wanting to get dromed work done but not being able to.

jtr7
    Purgatory.

Photoshopping on a mechanist symbol for my FM.

really nice banner

Im working on a small city FM.

I use textures from Ashen Age 1 (thanks sliptip )

I hope you like it

What can I say after 24 hours without TTLG being online? I tried to progress in building my city but soon I realised that I can't work effectively without TTLG. Not that I need it all the time to work on architecture, but I was so distracted with being aware that TTLG is offline, that I couldn't work too much on the FM.

And then I decided to retexture some area and realised that I don't remember the command for swapping textures. That was the and of work - after that I spent several hours pressing "refresh" in my web browser waiting for TEG to help me again...

Strange. I'm addicted

Glad to see this place online again
    "Reliance upon others is weakness for the strong, but strength for the weak. Wisdom and balance lie in knowing your own nature over time"
    The Box, WL

If only you'd known about the dump_cmds command.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    If only you'd known about the dump_cmds command.
    Thanks R Soul. Now I can forget all the rest of them
    "Reliance upon others is weakness for the strong, but strength for the weak. Wisdom and balance lie in knowing your own nature over time"
    The Box, WL

I recently got transfered to another department where I work (I used to sell carpet and other flooring crap, now it's plumbing stuff). I had been getting, on average, 6 hours a week, now it's up to 35. Needless to say my body's in some sort of shock right now trying to get used to it, and I haven't had time to work, study, and Dromed all in one week.

HIATUS

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by Theker View Post
    That's a lot of brown.

Quote Originally Posted by ZylonBane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Theker View Post
    That's a lot of brown.
    Yes, it is. You might want to try some different shades of wood and stone in that area.
    I'd also suggest making the floor planks run perpendicular to the counter, rather than parallel with it.

Quote Originally Posted by ataricom View Post

HIATUS
    Nooo ! this one is tremendus !!

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    I'd also suggest making the floor planks run perpendicular to the counter, rather than parallel with it.
    Also try out running floor planks at a diagonal (45), it's amazing how nice that can look in certain locations. Just don't overuse it.

Very nice screens Theker! Glad to see you're finding the textures useful

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    Yes, it is. You might want to try some different shades of wood and stone in that area.
    What's wrong with all the brown? As long as there are other colours elsewhere I'd say it was fine.

I spent some time this weekend going back and re-redoing the lighting in the marble hall area of DP2. I had replaced Will's glass chandeliers with Dark Arrow's candle chandeliers, but have now switched to Schwaa's temple lamps, which give me two different hanging and one wall lamp which all match. I also love the shadows they cast when you set them up properly (see screens) - the shadows for the candle-liers required four terrain brushes, but Schwaa's lamps do it all on their own thanks to transparent textures. I realized it was really important in this area to have non-extinguishable lights, for reasons that may become apparent once you play the mission.

Dark Arrow's Candle-liers

Schwaa's lamps
    Last edited by Yandros; 15th Nov 2008 at 09:19.

Yeah that does look a lot better. I like how the shadow definitions aren't that sharp, but still quite visible. Very realistic looking.

That must take some time to render.

The anti-aliased look to the shadows is achieved using the quad lit prop. Playing with the Z offset on the anim light prop has a big effect on the shadows cast by it, at least on these models.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    The anti-aliased look to the shadows is achieved using the quad lit prop. Playing with the Z offset on the anim light prop has a big effect on the shadows cast by it, at least on these models.
    well is indeed a good effect

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    What's wrong with all the brown? As long as there are other colours elsewhere I'd say it was fine.
    It's not just brown, per se. Having a scene dominated by any single color, without any light/dark variation, is bad. It makes all your structural detail congeal into an incoherent mass.

By way of contrast, consider Yandros' marble hall screenshot. It's highly monochromatic, but makes excellent use of light and shadow to define its space. It also helps that the space itself is very cleanly designed.
    Last edited by ZylonBane; 11th Feb 2008 at 18:31.

Just for the sake of clarity with regards to that shot, the architecture is truly Will's, but the texturing and lighting are mine. Originally it was all white marble, with flocked green wallpaper on some walls, too monotone for me (and also not as suited to the inhabitants of said hall as the current scheme).

Classical Master 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost_in_the_shell View Post
    What can I say after 24 hours without TTLG being online? I tried to progress in building my city but soon I realised that I can't work effectively without TTLG. ... And then I decided to retexture some area and realised that I don't remember the command for swapping textures. That was the and of work - after that I spent several hours pressing "refresh" in my web browser waiting for TEG to help me again...
    And that's why you should maintain an offline archive of useful and important TTLG threads. ...like I do. No, not obsessive at all, why do you ask?

Page 12 of 329 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617222732374247525762112262 ... LastLast