TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 21 of 330 FirstFirst ... 6111617181920212223242526313641465156616671121271 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Yay, a new TDS fm is coming
    Wait...

Unbelievable Sliptip, I have no words for this...

The first vid reminds me a lot System shock 2, 'gonna be so cool

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I'll have to wait until tonight to see them, I'm at work and they block youtube.

I hit save #200 on DP2 last night. The big area I put off scripting for so long is coming along pretty nicely, I've been setting up some of the FX and objects, but still have a ways to go.

Wow Slippy! If I didn't know better I swear that was crappy hand-held video footage of a real place!

Slip, you almost gave away too much in that last clip... but they definitely capture the feel of being there, except for being so lo res. I like the next sound effects and ambients you're using too... so when is next Alpha?

*looking at Sly's incredible screenshots from waaaayy back at the beginning of the thread*

*sighs*

Okay, a question: Does anyone here think it would be hack, or too out of date, to sort of do an "old school" mission (without a lot of custom textures--and AI's--and neat doo-hickies)? I'm working on my first mission, and learning as fast as I can--but, frankly, everyone is so damned advanced at this point I wonder if I'll ever catch up.

Quote Originally Posted by Queue View Post
    *looking at Sly's incredible screenshots from waaaayy back at the beginning of the thread*

*sighs*

Okay, a question: Does anyone here think it would be hack, or too out of date, to sort of do an "old school" mission (without a lot of custom textures--and AI's--and neat doo-hickies)? I'm working on my first mission, and learning as fast as I can--but, frankly, everyone is so damned advanced at this point I wonder if I'll ever catch up.

You MUST remember you do this for your own creative outlet. The day you start comparing your work to others and get discouraged because of it, is the day the whole point of this community loses its meaning. We are all here to help one another and celebrate the creations of others and embrace them all, new or advanced. Just have fun!

Well said, Jeremy. I gave up long ago trying to emulate SlipTip and Otto when it comes to architectural design, use of custom textures, etc. - I simply can't do it, so I focus on those areas in which I do have some talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I hit save #200 on DP2 last night.
    It might be interesting (or hilarious) to some that I hit save #1024 this morning before work (I find I do my best Dromeding at 4am) on Just Friends Part 2.

Unfortunately, I also discovered a limit to the "area brush only those places where AI will go, then optimize and pathfind" trick which has gotten me past a pathfinding problem for a while now. The additional room limit for the current area brush placement I have been using was 18 (ie - I added 18 more rooms before the problem resurfaced). Since I'm now so close to being done with all architecture, I now know that I will need exactly 15 more rooms, so I may try to rearrange the area brushes and try to squeak by instead of splitting the mission into two. I don't know, I'll see what I can do with it...

... I really HATE discovering a HUGE problem at the very minute I have to leave for work!

Keep up the great work, you crazy Dromed lovers!

well, well, well... look who decided to peep in!

That's all I can say about those TFP vids. You're terrific SlipTip!

I didn't know there was a KF3 coming either. I'm feeling a little giddy now...

Quote Originally Posted by Sluggs View Post
    Keep up the great work, you crazy Dromed lovers!
    Stick around ye taffer!

Thank, HB--I know it's silly, but I don't want to do anything that may be "disappointing". My creative outlet is usually in fiction, so this is a whole new world for me.
    Hopefully the story will be compelling!

I'll continue plugging away and hope for the best, then.

Keeper of FMs
    Wow! Y'all never cease to amaze me with what you create.
    So many good things to look forward to!

@Queue
    Every new author is a treasure. Don't be shy!
    *pav pours queue a shot of courage*

Quote Originally Posted by bassmanret View Post

... I really HATE discovering a HUGE problem at the very minute I have to leave for work!
    So now you have three problems: The huge problem, hating it, and having to go to work.

I'm finishing up my jailbreak mission, but the last five percent seems to be taking forever.
    Love Story V Part 1 (100% complete), Part 2-1 (100% complete), Part 2-2 (100% complete)

the last five percent seems to be taking forever.
    This must be DromEd's ultimate curse, striking 90% of the DromEdder population. Or maybe it's only because tweaking details can be soooo tiedous.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    So now you have three problems: The huge problem, hating it, and having to go to work.
    Yeah, and then I usually don't have the best attitude for work either.

Yesterday:
    Co-worker: Good morning!
    Me: SHUT UP! I'VE GOT PATHFINDING PROBLEMS!!

At least this morning (before work again) I was able to rearrange the area brushes and the problem has gone away again...... for now....

Today:
    Co-worker: ...uh... mornin' ...?..
    Me: Yes, it is a wonderful morning! Great to see you, buddy! Have a donut!

Dromed may end up effecting my career one day...

Quote Originally Posted by pavlovscat View Post
    *pav pours queue a shot of courage*
    Now if I only had a brain--

Project: Addiction finally gets a name:

Eclipsed Resonance

Looking nice, Hip!

Clearinghouse
    Cool!

I made a cabinet today.
    A real one. Flat pack of course, and not particularly big.

Compared to Anim8or, there was much less room for error, and the joints were more fiddly, and one of my cats started to eat the box, and later on decided to test one of the drawers by sitting in it.

On the other hand, I didn't have to worry about finding a texture or sorting out the UV mapping.

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered

Fortunately my digicam was only in the next room:
    http://mysite.orange.co.uk/rsoulimg/brush.jpg

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    Veeery nice!

Page 21 of 330 FirstFirst ... 6111617181920212223242526313641465156616671121271 ... LastLast