TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

chattypics.com - it's set up for another forum I visit, but they're not particular. Free, no account needed, no bandwidth limits or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Le MAlin 76 View Post
    Soul Tear
    Your textures are all hd?
    Just about 90% of textures have resolution 512 and 1024.

Quote Originally Posted by bbb View Post
    I have been working on a rooftop mission using T2 Newdark for what seems like forever. If I drank 20 cups of coffee a day,it would be done by the end of the year but more realisitcally, it would be a spring 2015 release.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a free service where I could store some screenshots? I have never had that ability but would be happy tpo post a few screenshots.

BBB
    I prefer dropbox. Also convinient for sharing folders while testing

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Agreed, R_T and Tannar and I use Dropbox and Google Drive extensively for collaboration. Dropbox for pics should work fine.

IF you don't need permanent storage of images, and you want to just show what you're working on near instantly you can install greenshot. It's a small free program that allows extra function to print-screen button. I use it to quick send screen to imgur. you select that option and a tooltip from your system tray pops up saying it's uploaded and then you click it to instantly be taken to the url to then be copied.
    You can even set it to just select part of the screen

playing around with different effects while building my mission. This a window object with just the window texture at 30% translucent. Behind it is the "socket" terrain brush textured with "sky" giving off a almost reflective look. Since I plan to use a half dome attached to player as my sky I can keep the sky texture reserved for this effect. Once I know what colors and radiance my level gives off it will be my distant art shown as a reflection of my city skyline ect..

Thinking about a animated corona-esq behind the window to emulate a candle close to window.

I am not feeling up to doing much more building other than playing with effects because no matter how I add textures to dromed and drag them to the right material properties. They get filed under missing. I even stripped them from mission via unload and did the process all over again to still have it happen.
    Last edited by gamophyte; 29th Jul 2014 at 02:20. Reason: gramer

Interesting effect. One thing I would suggest is to have different strength for the back lit and unlit windows. The unlit would have stronger reflections. You could have your window texture on two layers (separate polygons): one - solid - for the metal bars, second - transparent - for the glass.

@PinkDot thanks for your comment and input. I was thinking of doing that with having the bars on a separate plan. What I think I'm going to do now is take down the translucent to be more of a submittable glint or movement along with player. The glass is fogged anyway, but wanted to share the idea.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    I am not feeling up to doing much more building other than playing with effects because no matter how I add textures to dromed and drag them to the right material properties. They get filed under missing. I even stripped them from mission via unload and did the process all over again to still have it happen.
    You have to create and save your .gam system, then save the mission after you slide your texture reference into materials.

1.Save>.gam Dark.gam by default,so name it in the 2nd step.
    2.name the .gam to name.gam
    2.set_gamesys name.gam (Type in the command window) then press enter.
    3.Save>missXX.mis

If you have missing textures or objects in your .gam system,just use the command:
    purge_missing_objs, then save the .gam system as described above.

Quote Originally Posted by darthsLair View Post
    You have to create and save your .gam system...
    I know, and I appreciate it. The thing is I am using my custom gamesys already. Are you saying that you must save a custom gamesys every time you slide a texture ref into material? I thought once you're on a custom gamesys you are editing it on real time when you add textures or objects into the hierarchy.

I learned to do this starting here in this post http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...=1#post2258442
    After learning that, they did stay, but suddenly they go into the missing part when I load mission. I will keep tinkering, and do a proper forum post with details.

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    I know, and I appreciate it. The thing is I am using my custom gamesys already. Are you saying that you must save a custom gamesys every time you slide a texture ref into material? I thought once you're on a custom gamesys you are editing it on real time when you add textures or objects into the hierarchy.
    Yes, how are your texture properties to stay in the .gam system without saving the .gam system?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Saving the gamesys saves it at that current point in time. If you make a change to it (object hierarchy, textures, etc.) you have to save it again to update the .gam file with those changes, just like a word doc or JPG in an image editor. However, it's much, much simpler to just save as a .cow (which is .mis + .gam in a single file) while developing a mission. You only need the separate .mis and .gam files when packaging up a ZIP file for testing by other folks, and to do that just do the steps darthslair listed above.

I don't know how I got to thinking the gamesys was live edited. Thanks darthsLair and Yandros once again! I shall reward you with a delicious mission.

I have just began working on the full version of "Secret of The Keepers" which I have released a demo for last year at nealy the same time as now as a 48 hour contest FM. It's now a prequel to another mission that I'm working on but I'm telling you which one You'll have to figure that out when I release it

I just started working on it about 15 days ago and I've been very persistent with my level and have gotten a lot of work done on it so far and heres a little peak at what's to come

It's more of a classic styled mission compared to my other missions that I'm working on and I'm trying to make it as close to some of the older Thief 1 FM's but with lots of good detail

SneakyGuy101 Jeez, that screenshot is old school, I love it.
    Hoping to see something finished from ya soon!

Working on what will hopefully be my first published mission, which I think will be called "Descent". This is the opening area. I will try to create a spooky mission while managing to avoid too many cliches.

Classical Master 2008
    I like that dark ambience! Good use of limited lighting, and looks appropriately mysterious.

Hi, i'm working on my first FM, in grave/catacomb climate.

Two new FM builders, welcome! Both your missions look creepy!

Kurhhan looks very good, although I prefer more mystical atmosphere rather, than creepy/horror...
    Nice hi-res textures chosen though.

So many new authors, I just hope we are all going to be able to finish these! DromEd can be a frustrating beast.

Here are some more of mine:

Amazing pics! So many new authors. I'm also gonna be a new author too since i'll start my first mission soon and i'm going for a classic break-in, steal, get out. I also i don't think i'll use custom objects(that remains to be seen) I've been playing with dromed last year and even made a small test mission so i think it's time i started to do something right

Yep really nice

Currently working on my bildings project. Currently doing UV-Maps, zz so tired of it at the moment.

A fullbright shot of the cityscape (unoptimized). You can break into most of these houses and there is a whole underground layer obviously not shown.
    I keep adding new areas but I'm pretty sure geometry will be finished in the next few days. Not much else to make really, except a power station, a sewer junction and two small manor interiors. If all goes well the mission could enter beta before the end of the month.

Looking good, skacky!

Here are some screenshots of my progress:

Page 226 of 326 FirstFirst ... 126176181186191196201206211216221222223224225226227228229230231236241246251256261266271276 ... LastLast