TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

Quote Originally Posted by bikerdude View Post
    I wish there was a like button function on these forums, very impressive work Darkmax. And nice sewer Larryg.
    Yeah I think I would like that too. This thread is a happy place for me, looking at the creativity flourishing.

Nice sewer Larry. It's so simple yet looks so nice.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    While Tannar has had the noir mission, I've taken the last few days to return to my micro-sized tomb mission:

I may actually try to get it ready for test and released for Halloween, it's that close I think.

Love the blue lighting. More cobwebs and dirt build up could help the atmosphere though.

True, but my style is really clean even in abandoned places, LOL! I'm just not good at dirtying up places for some reason.

Master Builder 2018
    True dat! You're just too nice and organized a person, that's your problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I'm just not good at dirtying up places for some reason.
    I think I would enjoy photoshopping some grime onto your textures. If you want to play around, share one of your texture fams on gdrive (I'm gamophyte there too), then I can edit. Then you just drop it in for one load to see what it looks like. If it's a fit I have no problem contributing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I'm just not good at dirtying up places for some reason.
    I find it really hard too. Making someplace that looks like centuries of decay and debris is not easy.

@gamophyte: Thanks, but given the window there's not time. Now if I shelve it for a while instead of releasing it around Halloween, I may take you up on it.

@Larry: Yeah, that's really what I meant. Dirtying textures is easy enough, but creating decay and rubble is much more involved. I have some cracks in the ceiling letting in the rain, holes in the floor, and fallen timbers, but it needs about 2-3x more of stuff like that to look really decayed. I'm not going to have time to do any of that though if I try and release it next weekend.

Perhaps one of the more unique features of this little Halloween mission will be the voicework by a young SlyFoxx... the lines were originally done in 2003.
    Last edited by Yandros; 23rd Oct 2015 at 00:47.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    I find it really hard too. Making someplace that looks like centuries of decay and debris is not easy.
    I've been working on an abandoned Hammerite temple and had put a lot of work into making the roof/ceiling broken & appear to have crumbled down with only sparse structures remaining.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post
    The best way I've found to work out how to do it is to actually go out and look at places like that! Admittedly that's usually going to be a non-trivial endeavour for you US people, though

I have been looking at putting together some sets of photos from some of the places I've been here that may help, especially stuff like the inside of some of the castle ruins. They'd be pretty rough and largely unsorted, but they might be useful.

2003! I must have sent you CD's. My connection back then was really sh-- um, bad.

Westbree! Still workin' hard on it.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyFoxx View Post
    2003! I must have sent you CD's. My connection back then was really sh-- um, bad.
    I don't think so, the lines are under 1MB in the RAR file.

Here are a couple of screenies from LS5 Part 2... the first is during a lightning strike & no gamma raised, and the second with gamma raised slightly but without lightning.

Master Builder 2018
    Very nice work there, neux, John and Le Malin! Three very different styles and all really interesting looking.

Thanks Mike and Le MAlin those pictures look great.

Nice pictures.

Le Malin, that should be "Pride of Hammerites" unless the pride depends on the Hammerites doing something...

My First Object

I decided I wanted to learn how to use Anim8or so I made a pillar. I know it looks rather crude and the texturing is all wrong, but I'm happy that I got it in the game.

This is the same pillar but with some extra points merged together.
    Last edited by john9818a; 28th Oct 2015 at 17:59.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    Nice pictures.

Le Malin, that should be "Pride of Hammerites" unless the pride depends on the Hammerites doing something...
    It's not definitive title because the history don't have center point about hammerites only, so it will change.

Maybe that should be "Pride of the Hammerites", unless the "Pride" is a collective noun for our Builder lovin' fanatics.
    Really looking forward to these FMs. Great work guys!

Well he's said it's not the final title but it could have meant The Pride of Hammerites, in the same way we say The Folly of Youth.

Either way, "Pride If Hammerites" makes no sense in English as a title.

I think it was a typo... I see it all the time on Facebook.

Master Builder 2018
    Pride if Hammerites, shame if not.

Page 251 of 330 FirstFirst ... 151201206211216221226231236241246247248249250251252253254255256261266271276281286291296301 ... LastLast