TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 31 of 330 FirstFirst ... 61116212627282930313233343536414651566166717681131281 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

And just one more tonight, as I've been occupied with server maintenance and other non-thief-things (like the truck that drove into the houses down the street earlier...)

Excellent work. I look forward to using these.

I've recently reduced my object count so I'm now only 91 brushes above the optimise limit. I don't expect I'll need to optimise again, but it would be nice to know that I could.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Made great progress today towards Beta 2 on DP2. I should have it ready for testers by Sunday evening, giving them all of four days to confirm all the fixes and assess the changes.

Glyphs, glyphs, and more glyphs

I've been messing with creating more glyph decals than Vigils three. I think I now have the process down, so it is just a matter of cranking them out of the glyph factory for use. Whew!

Awesome, Larry!

Thank YOU, Yandros! I think it was your reply to another thread that put me on the right track for that in the first place, let alone the tutorial on one way to use the silly things.

Classical Master 2008
    Excellent! My mission will just be in the need of glyphs - and if there is variety, so much for the better.

I worked my ass off this weekend and ended up, at bedtime last night, mere inches from completing the last change for DP2 Beta 2. Of course once it's done, I have to play through and make sure I didn't leave anything out of the package, etc., but Beta 2 should go to test tonight, with only 4 days left before release!

Good luck, Yandros!

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    Excellent! My mission will just be in the need of glyphs - and if there is variety, so much for the better.
    What is your critical need date and which ones would you like? Just tell me the glyph number from the glyph website and I'll see what I can do to meet your need. PM me.

jtr7
    Pumpkinheads....

How about a pagan shaman's jack o' lantern, lit from within by a will o' [the] wisp on a tiny route that makes it move in a tiny circle? And when the player approaches, it flies out and lights up the pagan's front yard like a roving floodlight, serving the function of a modern motion-detecting backyard floodlight, or the blue lights of Karath-Din. So I guess one CamVator for the resting pumpkin route, and another for the security sweep of the yard, with a connecting path between them. Or something like that. Or just a wisp in a pumpkin. If it were possible, the wisp could move weave in and out of the eye-holes and mouth.

i'm working on some heavy machinery for my mission

created from scratch

its still not finished, texturing follows...

Clearinghouse
    Interesting

Nothing special in that screenshot, just illustrating that I have finished lighting my mission (for now), so it's time to move on to other things. I think I'm going to take a break from DromEd and draw one of the maps.

I have noticed that trees sometimes mess up the lighting (light is strangely cut off near a tree). When that happens I hide the trees somewhere and then move them back after the lighting process is done. Is there something else, and more permanent, I can do to avoid this? I'm going to test some of the (shadow-related) properties.

Under ObjectSystem->Immobile - Uncheck it (though I think it may be at the root of the tree heirarchy)

The Architect
    I'm just waiting for the glue to dry...

Quote Originally Posted by Sliptip View Post
    Under ObjectSystem->Immobile - Uncheck it (though I think it may be at the root of the tree heirarchy)
    Thanks, I'm going to check that out tomorrow (yeah, getting to the root of the problem).

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Nightfall View Post
    I'm just waiting for the glue to dry...
    I'm not sure what that is, but it looks interesting. It reminds me of things I used to build as a kid, only a little more professional looking.
    Last edited by qolelis; 31st Oct 2008 at 22:23.

Digi that looks awesome! . . .but don't forget - if it's an office building it needs a dungeon!

Quote Originally Posted by TypeRED View Post
    i'm working on some heavy machinery for my mission

created from scratch

its still not finished, texturing follows...

Looks pretty cool but I don't think Dromed will like all those polys. You should try to cut it down to about 1000. Right now looks like 2-3000.

You can always try to convert it before textureing. If it goes then do the tex.

on that screen, all objects together have 1363 vertices and 1418 polys
    but i will export it splitted into separate objects, because of the physics.

but there is something interesting about polygon counts:
    once, i exported an object that had 3000 polys, and it worked well in-game
    that object was a high-detailed sphere,

same polycount on other objects may not be allowed,
    because they use more vertices in that case.

so i think, there is no real polygon limit, only a vertice limit

Mostly a complexity limit: after a certain amount of complexity, the model will either crash the conversion tools, or crash DromEd when it is viewed.
    It's not an exact science.

Digi, will you be posting pictures of that when it's finished? It looks neat.

I've been working on code to merge normal maps, as part of ongoing experimentations with the Dark Mod, and trying to work out how best to create some indented windows in dromed without generating overly complex scenes (I may have to just resort to custom objects and hope)

The Architect
    Youbetcha, but not in this thread.

Right now I am building a small mountainscape and I am also a bit proud over a certain mechanism I just finished (nothing spectacular, but it felt good when I finally nailed it).

Page 31 of 330 FirstFirst ... 61116212627282930313233343536414651566166717681131281 ... LastLast