TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

Go back to a save that doesn't have it.

Or ...

Delete stuff in reverse time order, Portalize, see if it is gone, and repeat until it is gone.

I'll see what I can work with. In the meantime. Enjoy a few more screenies.
    ~SilverJackal

Earlier I showed puddles using material, but it looked like glass blots that lay over the cobblestone. I tried to make puddles more realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    Earlier I showed puddles using material, but it looked like glass blots that lay over the cobblestone. I tried to make puddles more realistic.

:O Really nice work here!
    Enhanced Thief Fan Missions Archive (ETFMA): [TTLG thread]
    DromEd Level Editor Developer Textures Kit (DLETDK): [TTLG thread]

@SilverJackal: What is that object upstairs from you? Is it textured as a false wall? Could it be placed up there but it's model shape be warped to stretch downstairs?

@Soul Tear: Really nice! Is this just a overlayed material? It's need how it omits the stones.

@gamophyte Do you mean the Crypts I just textured? Or the room I was in?

Or do you mean the Hammer?

DromEd Archmage
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkDot View Post
    Can you not just create a new CreatureType (as specified using Schema > Class Tags property), eg. Rider or RiderWithBow (cause you might want to have RiderWithSword as well) ?
    For sounds it will work perfectly but it works only for sounds.
    About motions the best way is attachment because we cannot create new creaturetype and are obliged to play with the ones which already exist. Spider could be the best choice for riders (because of the amount of body parts) but won't look realistic so unless newdark do large changes to the source code of the game to allow us to create new CreatureType and AI our choices are limited.

I nevertheless don't understand where the problem is about archer on foot and burrick. Unless you replace the original model, texture and sounds for some reason, it won't be a problem at all. Just a few copy and right links. Just give me the time to create the demo.

Quote Originally Posted by FireMage View Post
    (...) we cannot create new creaturetype and are obliged to play with the ones which already exist. (...)
    I'm not referring to a skeletal creature type, but rather a set of motions that is different to a different class/type of AIs.

Guard and zombie are both bipeds in terms of a skeleton, but walk and attack differently, right? So, since we can create custom motion tags, we can define a new set of motions.

DromEd Archmage
    Ha ! MotionSet you mean ! Apologies...

Yes we can create motionset !
    I did it already with sweel or arbalester. But this new set of motion must fit with the CreatureType and all the things that come with.
    You can't create new event to play a motion at such event.

It's been a while since I last posted something here, but I would like to let you know that I'm working on something new.
    A couple of years ago I've had the idea of creating a mission featuring the Soulforge cathedral, which has been converted back into a Hammerite sanctuary after the fall of the Mechanists.
    I've picked up on this idea and made good progress in the meantime.

While the outside of the cathedral doesn't look that different compared to the "Mechanist version", the inside has been completely reworked.
    Also, the entire cathedral is now surrounded by a garden/cemetery, which plays a vital role in accessing the cathedral in the first place.

The first part of the mission will be about infiltrating the cathedral, while being disguised as a novice.
    The focus here is on "Undercover"-like gameplay with several parts of the cathedral being off limits to the novices.
    Likewise, the entire outside area is also off limits for novices, as they are confined to the cathedral during the entire night.

I'm currently adding extended catacombs where the 2nd half of the mission is going to take place.

Looks amazing!

Classical Master 2008
    Looking good, intruder!

The cathedral looks great, though I'm not a fan of Undercover mechanics. Please, tell me there will be no mandatory alarm

I'm afraid there is, but there are two ways to shut it down before it can go off.

Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    @Soul Tear: Really nice! Is this just a overlayed material? It's need how it omits the stones.
    Yes. I will continue to improve this effect.

@Intruder, it's nice to see the news from you again! The first screen is impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverJackal View Post
    @gamophyte Do you mean the Crypts I just textured? Or the room I was in?
    Or do you mean the Hammer?
    No I was addressing your phantom plane issue. I saw in TOP view in dromed, there was a object right about where you saw the plain, but not the same Z coord. Since the issue was so evasive, I got to thinking it was a warped object from another Z coordinate, stretching into view. However after I posted that, I realized if it was stretched, the texture would be blurred. Unless if the Z value was off in the 3dsTobin tool. I was curious if it would go away suddenly if you deleted that object.

Quote Originally Posted by gigagooga View Post
    Not sure which one i should go with. Autumn or summer scene?
    suggestions?

Attachment 2317

Attachment 2318
    Most of the people voted for autumn scene.
    ..So i'm going to make the summer one! (which is nearly ready) ...and a WINTER one, but i'm not too sure about it yet...

Don't worry, the scene is going to change quite a bit from what you can see in the screenshot (for the summer version aswell) For now i'm looking for some northern lights skyboxes and some 2 ft of snow depth.

Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    No I was addressing your phantom plane issue. I saw in TOP view in dromed, there was a object right about where you saw the plain, but not the same Z coord. Since the issue was so evasive, I got to thinking it was a warped object from another Z coordinate, stretching into view. However after I posted that, I realized if it was stretched, the texture would be blurred. Unless if the Z value was off in the 3dsTobin tool. I was curious if it would go away suddenly if you deleted that object.
    I tried all that I could in the end I just made some rearrangements and it worked out fine. If I can pinpoint the issue I will be sure to bring it up in passing if I found out what was wrong

You can make Transmutation Circles... sort of... if you're patient enough (No this will not be in my mission. I was just working with shapes.)

Whow gigagooga, both look stuning!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverJackal View Post
    Is this an object or a set of brushes?
    Enhanced Thief Fan Missions Archive (ETFMA): [TTLG thread]
    DromEd Level Editor Developer Textures Kit (DLETDK): [TTLG thread]

Is it a good way to quickly run out of cells?

Classical Master 2008
    If that's brushwork, I salute you, you madman.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Is it a good way to quickly run out of cells?
    I doubt it, if that is flat to the ground it probably wont create more than about 30-40 unique cells.
    If this was oldDark, then the amount of terrain polygons would make this scene choke up and die :P

It's just solid room brushes and patience.

Page 318 of 326 FirstFirst ... 68218268273278283288293298303308313314315316317318319320321322323 ... LastLast