TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 329 of 329 FirstFirst ... 79229279284289294299304309314319324325326327328329
Results 8,201 to 8,219 of 8219

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

Some pictures of my upcoming FM, well, its much work yet.

Nice work there Patrik, i love that tower in the first picture!

Thanks. Its a really nice view from up there

Beautiful screenshots

Superb Beltzer. It looks like those bricks have bump mapping

For a while I've been using Blender 2.80. There are some improvements but some of the changes mean old addons don't work properly. The .3ds importer/exporter doesn't work, and nor does the Dark Exporter, which also relies on the .3ds exporter.

I've updated one of my own addons (a TDM material/texture manager) so I decided to have a go at updating the .3ds addon. In the end the complexity became too much, so I decided to try updating the one Telliamed wrote which imports/exports .e files.

My general approach is to run it and investigate each error that comes up. Sometimes it's just a matter of replacing one line of code with the 2.80 equivalent, other times it's more involved, but so far it's been going well. The original exporter didn't seem to write UV coordinates. There were some functions in there but they no longer work, so I wrote a new one (starting with some code written by someone who wasn't wrong on the internet).

I've been able to create a fully working .e file. If I compare mine with an official one (created from N3ds2e) the UV coord lines don't quite match, yet the object from my .e file looks fine.

I've also implemented an option to apply modifiers to the exported object so a bit of non-destructive modelling can be done

The next thing is to see how it works with jointed objects and vhots.

Oo I haven't updated blender for ages - good to know that the exporter is broken before I do.

Thank you SneakyGuy101 and gamophyte.

I have not updated Blender since 2.78. I will update it when the support for UE4 LoD is implemented.

Beltzer, I like your castle. Small note: inappropriate windows for these walls. But I think it is not very critical.

Thanks for the input Soul Tear. Can you give a tip on other windows?

I think it's the fact that they look like large-paned, wide casement windows like you'd get in a modern house, but set into a castle-style wall. Try something with small panes of glass broken up by lead and/or more decorative looking:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c8/42...69646da5eb.jpg
    https://jooinn.com/images/caerphilly-castle-window.jpg
    https://previews.123rf.com/images/la...or-details.jpg

The castle itself looks amazing, but the windows are very plain-looking by comparison.
    Last edited by nicked; 9th Jun 2019 at 08:52. Reason: Changed to links as the pics were enormous

Thanks nicked. I tried one of those windows. Does this look OK, or what do you think. Just tested one window.
    Its a lot of work, changing all of the windows.
    Last edited by Beltzer; 12th Jun 2019 at 13:18.

That screenshot is super dark, but from what I can make out, that texture fits a lot better!

Hello Taffers,

after weeks of break and other things in Reallife, i have choose the Way to cancel the Acideus Project for a long Time, i feel a bit lazy and my motivation is a bit down. i havent give up complete the Dromed Life, maybe i start a new FM but now, i take my Time and come back with a new Idea.
    Sorry for this news but i hope you can understand me and my choise. i come back in Winter with a new idea...

Cheers Theker

@nicked, I brightened it for them:

@-Terra- I know what it's like, no problem. Clear the way for creativity, hope you come back.

I considered posting here a number of times during the past four months... now I'm about ready to beta-test, and I'm glad I waited.

=

=

=

=

I'll probably make a formal request thread this weekend... hopefully this whets some appetites

DirkBogan, looks very nice. Is it a mission for Thief 1?

Quote Originally Posted by Aemanyl View Post
    DirkBogan, looks very nice. Is it a mission for Thief 1?
    I'm glad you asked! It's actually for Thief 2, but with the intention of capturing the grimy atmosphere of Thief 1 -- it uses lots of audio/textures/objects from the first game. Hopefully it makes for a nice bridge between the two Anniversary Contests.

Appetite whetted! Let the beta commence.

Page 329 of 329 FirstFirst ... 79229279284289294299304309314319324325326327328329