TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 330 of 330 FirstFirst ... 80230280285290295300305310315320325326327328329330
Results 8,226 to 8,249 of 8249

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

Beautiful Marbleman ! looking forward to play this one!

Stunning Marbleman! Your placement of lighting is away so well done.

Ooo! That looks amazing skacky!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Amazing screens, skacky! Although I must say seeing screens from you that are T2 and Mechanist in nature is very odd.

Fantastic work, skacky! I'm already buying some moss arrows for your mission.

God mode brush work there Skacky

Damn Skacky, you mapping god!

I'm at that point where I'm bored with my mission already, and it could be finished by just adding readables and verbose objectives, but I'm not ready to release it as is.

Nice design there SKacky!

I'm also in love with what Skacky is doing here, even more so since i'm very much a fan of Mechanists' Art-Deco style

I've been working hard on my no-longer-T2-anniversary-contest mission. I'm using numerous random elements to vary the mission each time it's played. So far, there are (technically) 11,038,896,000 possible combinations of how the mission plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    I've been working hard on my no-longer-T2-anniversary-contest mission. I'm using numerous random elements to vary the mission each time it's played. So far, there are (technically) 11,038,896,000 possible combinations of how the mission plays out.
    Holy moly!

This is somewhat related to my previous post, as I used the same tutorial as guide. However, one gameboard in the video has two drawers that open in opposite directions. Some tweaking of objects and axles was needed. I hope to post my final object in the Thief Object Repository, but I'm not certain it's fully optimized. For example, one parent object cube (Aa) for a second drawer was relocated, and is situated within one of the knobs. I had to do that in order to get the other drawer moving in the opposite direction, but perhaps it should be situated outside other objects? Anyway, here's my first video that includes moving drawers within an object, enjoy. Credits are included in the video description:

Last edited by Derspegn; 3rd Jan 2020 at 10:02. Reason: changed doors to drawers, doorknobs to knobs

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    So the walkthrough will take an entire server's worth of disk space?

...You're not supposed to write a walkthrough to parts that are randomised, because it's impossible to predetermine their state of course

So far, there are (technically) 11,038,896,000 possible combinations of how the mission plays out.
    Out of curiosity - what elements do you actually randomize? Is it just loot placement? (e.g. golden bottle vs stack of coins?) Or does it affect a path you have to take - e.g. randomly locked door, missing ladder, added climbable vines on the wall etc...?

Quote Originally Posted by Meowdori View Post
    ...You're not supposed to write a walkthrough to parts that are randomised, because it's impossible to predetermine their state of course
    You took me too seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkDot View Post
    Out of curiosity - what elements do you actually randomize? Is it just loot placement? (e.g. golden bottle vs stack of coins?) Or does it affect a path you have to take - e.g. randomly locked door, missing ladder, added climbable vines on the wall etc...?
    A big part of that number is 9999 possible odometer codes. Stripping that from the equation leaves 1,104,000 possible combinations of everything else.

Then there are also some story and puzzle elements with randomised locations, some of which control which objectives are visible.
    I've not done much in the way of small, granular changes; for example, at least at this point, the loot is always in the same place.

Then there are also a lot of variations on how the mission plays out based on player choice - the player has the ability to choose where to start, players can choose which of multiple solutions to objectives they use, etc.

DromEd Archmage
    Nicked, if you plan to build a randomized mission, I can do nothing but advice you to check my mission "Wooden Box". You can use the custom scripts I made for the randomization!

Thanks, I'll take a look. I'm mostly just using NVRelayTrap's randomisation feature.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked
    Then there are also some story and puzzle elements with randomised locations, some of which control which objectives are visible.
    I've not done much in the way of small, granular changes; for example, at least at this point, the loot is always in the same place.

Then there are also a lot of variations on how the mission plays out based on player choice - the player has the ability to choose where to start, players can choose which of multiple solutions to objectives they use, etc.
    Interesting! I'll be curious to see the results - I like the idea of randomized gameplay.

Here's another video with moving doors and drawers. Special thanks to LarryG for the tutorial, FireMage and R Soul for technical assistance, and also to the makers of custom objects . So, the desk is in an air brush surrounded by a room. I built the room, pathfinded the database, optimized and saved the new .cow. However, only the central drawer makes sound and not the left and right doors. Why is that?

EDIT: The left and right drawers made sound until I set Engine Features-Locked-True and Engine Features-LockDst, the key having Engine Features-LockSrc.

Last edited by Derspegn; 17th Jan 2020 at 11:45. Reason: Changed URL to Video, added details

Page 330 of 330 FirstFirst ... 80230280285290295300305310315320325326327328329330