TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile

Thread: What are you working on RIGHT NOW - T1/2 Dromed Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    I still wish people would link directly to the images themselves rather than being lazy and just copy-pasting the linking code that takes you to view the image from the hosting site.
    Yes, but this makes the thread loading times for user with slow connections long. I wish that I can have a fast internet connection like the most of the users here, but this is still impossible

Shouldn't those all be objects?

(Objects are for the weak )
    Last edited by qolelis; 27th May 2009 at 18:00.

Quote Originally Posted by PsymH View Post
    Yes, but this makes the thread loading times for user with slow connections long. I wish that I can have a fast internet connection like the most of the users here, but this is still impossible
    No, it doesn't. You misunderstood my point.
    I hate it when people link to a hosting site that displays the full image (surrounded by stupid controls, usually with an ugly white background, and often cluttered with ads) instead of linking directly to the full-sized image.
    It's still a thumbnail either way.

I hate that too. When I used Imageshack, I would redo the link so it still used the automatic thumbnail but the href value pointed to the image url.

That directupload one is awful because the ad is in front of the image and I see no close button. There's another nasty one where the close button just opens the ad page anyway.

And this is one reason I run my own

(seriously, if people are so hard up on getting non-eye-gouging image hosting, they can contact me and I can give them gallery space)

Looks nice, but it could do with a bit more trim around the place.
    What do you mean with more trim? I think I did in this parts of the city a good job.

For example, in the middle shot ("a pub"), the seam between the ceiling and the walls is a bit jarring - a small wooden ring under the ceiling would make that look better.

ZylonBane
    Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    It looks nice, but the picture host you are using sucks hard time. First, it covers the image by a big popup, and when you close it, it opens it in a new window. Downright scummy behaviour on their part. Consider trying Photobucket; much more civilised about it.
    I'm more concerned that he somehow managed to save 1024x768 JPGs in such a way that they're over a megabyte each.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Agreed. I copied one of the images into PSP and saved it as JPG with max quality (no compression) and it was only 700k.

ZylonBane
    Well, a JPEG is lossy even at maximum quality, due to the way the algorithm inherently works. There is a Lossless JPEG, but that's a different algorithm altogether.

Right now I can't build the pathfinding database, but I know why and how to fix it. I started building way away from 0x0x0, but grew closer and closer as I progressed and got new ideas, so I had to move everything. Next I have to split all these brushes that got a bit huge (~1000x1000x400).

Edit:
    After some shuffling and deleting of brushes, it's working again, but I had to make the total space smaller.
    Last edited by qolelis; 30th May 2009 at 22:12.

Two Ends of a Hallway

The Architect
    Shades of "A Keeper's Training" ... no?

I like to think of it as an homage ...

The Architect
    Well, nice job!

I have been doing bad things:
    I was working with particles and got the "Link Manager Lock Count is 64"-error. DromEd crashed and I restarted immediately. I then saw that the last thing I had done before the crash was accidentally ParticleAttachment-linking an object (archetype) to itself... I fixed it and all was well, but after reading the below threads I'm getting scared that everything will soon explode, even though it seems okay right now.

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...ck+count+is+64

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthrea...ck+count+is+64

Quote Originally Posted by Carrot View Post
    After long back and forth I think it's time to show some pics of my FM in development. I began building in winter (january) 2008, and since I love snow and the wonderfull winter atmosphere, I decided to build a winter FM. It was a long and hard way to achieve this building style. My first buildings in Dromed were crap, and now I'm very glad to have restarted building from scratch in winter 2008. Now some pics:

The story is very complex and I don't understand my own story. xD I have to think about it...a little bit.
    The detail on the sides of the stairs in the bottom middle picture looks familiar. I agree about the trim in the pub, but your architecture looks interesting.

A throne

Original:

Model:

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Nice!

Very cool LarryG. The yellowish parts could use a bit more contrast to give them similar effect like in the photo.

Nice job with the chair. I also like to make objects from photos, since it makes the texturing much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Wille View Post
    ...The yellowish parts could use a bit more contrast to give them similar effect like in the photo.
    I redid the back to get more detail. Better, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by R Soul View Post
    ... I also like to make objects from photos, since it makes the texturing much easier.
    It does do, don't it though?

That looks awesome Larry

Nice throne! I can see a sultan lounging in it, being fanned with palm leaves by scantily-clad slavegirls! Looks like your mission is shaping up to be a hell of a ride Larry!

Clearinghouse
    Very good work, Larry

Page 56 of 329 FirstFirst ... 61116212631364146515253545556575859606166717681869196101106156306 ... LastLast