TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345671217 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 445

Thread: The Thief Enhancement Pack

  1. #26
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Ireland
    You need to install it in every Thief install that you want to use it, yes.

    NoCD won't matter.

  2. #27
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2003
    Location: See the wrench in the shadows?
    Couldn't you just point the right .cfg files in the different installations at the single EP .crf?

  3. #28
    Keeper of FMs
    Registered: Oct 2004
    Location: Meraux, LA
    Looks great in T2. But I'm getting a lot of white textureless objects in TG. I use Garrettloader, not Darkloader. I'm not sure what you mean by "optimise" in Darkloader. I have DL installed & it works, but I'm not very familiar with it. A little help, please?

  4. #29
    Member
    Registered: May 2002
    Location: Texas
    Everything looks great. Thanks NV and everyone else who contributed to this project.

    It would be interesting to go back to an old PC Thief was made for and see how well it performs with the new objects. I did notice that the crf file only contains visible objects.

  5. #30
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNightTerror View Post
    Couldn't you just point the right .cfg files in the different installations at the single EP .crf?
    Very true, but you'd have to do that manually; the installer won't do it for you automatically.

    Quote Originally Posted by pavlovscat View Post
    Looks great in T2. But I'm getting a lot of white textureless objects in TG. I use Garrettloader, not Darkloader. I'm not sure what you mean by "optimise" in Darkloader. I have DL installed & it works, but I'm not very familiar with it. A little help, please?
    Optimising is putting the .crfs into a \crfs\ folder, to make the game ready for fan missions.
    Are you sure you have ObjTexture16 in your Dark.cfg? The install should add that automatically, but maybe it didn't for whatever reason. Not having it will cause many objects to be untextured.

  6. #31
    1937-2018
    Gone, but not forgotten

    Registered: Jan 2001
    Location: Seaside, Oregon
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessvoice
    You need to install it in every Thief install that you want to use it, yes.

    NoCD won't matter.
    Thanks.

  7. #32
    Keeper of FMs
    Registered: Oct 2004
    Location: Meraux, LA
    Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    Optimising is putting the .crfs into a \crfs\ folder, to make the game ready for fan missions.
    Are you sure you have ObjTexture16 in your Dark.cfg? The install should add that automatically, but maybe it didn't for whatever reason. Not having it will cause many objects to be untextured.
    I have the \crfs\ folder, so that is OK. I do not see ObjTexture16. I tried un- & re-installing, but no luck. How else can I get it?

  8. #33
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Ireland
    Type it in? On its own line. Make sure to add an extra blank line at the end of the file.

  9. #34
    Keeper of FMs
    Registered: Oct 2004
    Location: Meraux, LA
    I'm no programmer! I need more specific directions!
    Do I add it in a particular place or just at the end?

    Nevermind...found it in the T2 Dark.cfg. I'll do it there.
    Last edited by pavlovscat; 31st Dec 2007 at 23:43. Reason: duh

  10. #35
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2001
    Location: BREM, WA
    Can you nudge me here?

    The comment in the Readme.htm calls for the placement of ObjTexture16 and MeshTextures16 for T1
    Question 1: Should there be an "S" at the end of both line descriptions? ie: ObjTextures16 and MeshTextures16
    Im installing it manually and wanted to be sure if it was typo or not.

    My dark.cfg for T2 had a default line for ObjTextures16
    in this case, I only added the line MeshTextures16

    Thanks for all your hard work, NV

  11. #36
    Keeper of FMs
    Registered: Oct 2004
    Location: Meraux, LA
    Check my News Post for some T1 & T2 before & after comparision screenies.

  12. #37
    PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

    Registered: Aug 2007
    Location: New Zealand
    Outstanding work NV and co! I love the new flashbomb.

    Is it compatible with Daemonoite's or Orgy's packs for T1, or should those be uninstalled?


    Thanks in advance.

  13. #38
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2003
    Location: See the wrench in the shadows?
    I might as well lend a helping hand here; you probably won't need to uninstall anything, because of the way the EP works. The EP installs in such a way that the game loads custom content first, like a FM or texture pack content, followed by EP content, like the upgraded bread loaf object, followed by the original content, like the deer leg. It shouldn't overwrite any custom stuff of your own.
    She's not a maniac, a raving thing, she just goes a little mad sometimes.
    I'm not suffering from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

  14. #39
    Member
    Registered: Oct 2001
    Location: BREM, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by pavlovscat View Post
    Check my News Post for some T1 & T2 before & after comparision screenies.
    OMG! thats a significant difference with those screenies portrait having the new objs and textures, really amazing when you compare them.
    What a difference! Nice webmastering on the thecircle site, by the way, pavlovscat. Real Eye Candy.

    EDIT: Ok, I finally got everything to work correctly in both TG and T2.
    Change the line completely, overwriting what was previously there, manually.
    T2: resname_base .\EP+.\Res
    T1 & TG: resname_base .\EP\Thief1+.\EP+.\Crfs

    I was thinking you had to add it to the end of the line, just like executing from a shortcut to the exe -WRONG-
    Last edited by dealasteal; 1st Jan 2008 at 06:26.

  15. #40
    bikerdude
    Guest
    On a similar note..

    How hard would it be to replace all the old wall/floor/ceiling/etc textures. Could I just open up dromed and simply cleanup and replace - keeping the object size and pallete the same..?

    Ep1 is fantastic, but when you see the old blurry walls/floors/etc it makes me wish I could edit them aswell..

    biker

  16. #41
    New Member
    Registered: May 2006
    Location: Lisbon, Portugal
    I'm a big fan of the Thief series and see this great wok was a simple amazing. A big thanks to NV all the people that contribute. I'm finishing the Thief Deadly Shadows, then I will try this great patch.

  17. #42
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2004
    Location: Sweden

    Thank you all contributors for making this Enhancement Pack available for us

  18. #43
    Vertical Contest Winner 2009
    Registered: Sep 2002
    Location: The Great White North
    i'm having a problem with a default model that wasn't updated not displaying, i get the blue wedge for dorport, thats the large wooden portcullis. it could be my installation, and i'll double check, but without the enhancement pack its there, and installed or extracted its the wedge.

  19. #44
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Ireland
    Turns out it's a bug in the installer.

    For the ObjTextures16 issue:
    If you are installing to Thief 1 / Gold, you should use this installer in place of the one in the EP archive.
    If you have already installed using the other installer, you will need to restore the old install.cfg (automatically copied to install.cfg.epbak) in order to run the installer again.
    I have updated the archives with this new installer.

    Quote Originally Posted by pavlovscat View Post
    Check my News Post for some T1 & T2 before & after comparision screenies.
    Thanks for that!
    The last screenshot on that page is both the After version, though.
    And, despite TTLG's server time being about five minutes slow, it was posted after midnight, why the '31st of December' timestamp?

    Quote Originally Posted by dealasteal View Post
    The comment in the Readme.htm calls for the placement of ObjTexture16 and MeshTextures16 for T1
    Question 1: Should there be an "S" at the end of both line descriptions? ie: ObjTextures16 and MeshTextures16
    Im installing it manually and wanted to be sure if it was typo or not.

    My dark.cfg for T2 had a default line for ObjTextures16
    in this case, I only added the line MeshTextures16
    Sorry, that should have been ObjTextures16.


    Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    Is it compatible with Daemonoite's or Orgy's packs for T1, or should those be uninstalled?
    Yes, it is compatible.


    Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude View Post
    How hard would it be to replace all the old wall/floor/ceiling/etc textures. Could I just open up dromed and simply cleanup and replace - keeping the object size and pallete the same..?
    Well, someone would have to redo the textures first.
    Once you had 256x256 versions, you'd need to go through every map and resize and realign every suface that used that textue. I do believe Telliamed wrote a tool to help you automate that process, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ottoj55 View Post
    i'm having a problem with a default model that wasn't updated not displaying, i get the blue wedge for dorport, thats the large wooden portcullis. it could be my installation, and i'll double check, but without the enhancement pack its there, and installed or extracted its the wedge.
    I know why this happens. That model was changed in the official Thief 2 patch, to a new model included in the patch.
    The patch places its files in obj.crf in the root of the Thief2 folder. If you have an \obj\ folder of your own in there, that .crf is never read, so the model is never found.
    This is not the fault of the EP, since it does not create an \obj\ folder. It happens because you are using your own custom content.
    On my install, I fixed this by placing the patch crfs into \res\patch and changing darkinst.cfg to point to those files before the ones in \res\. Something Darkloader really ought to have done to make the game mod-ready.
    Another alternative would be to merge the patch crfs into the main game crfs.


    I had considered adding the 33 models found in there into the EP, but decided that it wasn't really the EP's business to fix patch installation issues.
    Last edited by Nameless Voice; 1st Jan 2008 at 12:20.

  20. #45
    L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Registered: Nov 2005
    Location: Narbonne, France
    FINALLY, IT'S RELEASED OUT THERE !!!
    yay happy me

    Huge thanks to you NV, and to everybody who contributed to this. Now time to get it...

  21. #46
    Classical Master 2008
    Registered: Jun 2002
    Location: Civitas Quinque Ecclesiae HU
    I tested the EP with two missions, Ultima Ratio and my own. The objects are great, and there has been a visible improvement even since the early version. I love how the doors look, and the purses look just like a purse full of coins should. Also, I've got to withdraw my objection over the brazier object, it looks good in game.

    <Mistaken bug reports removed to avoid confusing people>

    Finally, a general question. Now that there is a general, unified update pack available, should FM authors include updated objects with their missions, or just assume players will have this pack at hand (maybe with a hint in the readme file to download it)? I am thinking the latter.
    Last edited by Melan; 1st Jan 2008 at 13:57.

  22. #47
    Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Registered: Nov 2001
    Location: Bohn Museum
    I agree, Melan, that authors shouldn't generally redistribute lots of the content from the EP in their own missions, if for no other reason than to keep ZIP file sizes down. A link to the EP in the mission readme and the strong suggestion to play with it installed to improve the look of the mission should be sufficient in many cases. If an author is only using a few items from the EP and wants to make sure they are seen by every player, I could see that being a good exception. Of course, anyone is free not to do this. But to any authors who do, I would encourage you to play your mission both with and without the EP installed to see how it differs for those players who won't have it installed.

    NV, how about putting Shadowspawn's updated blackjack in the next update?

  23. #48
    Member
    Registered: Nov 2003
    Location: Thief fan since ca. 1999
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikerdude
    but when you see the old blurry walls/floors/etc it makes me wish I could edit them aswell..
    Biker, are you aware of the T2 texture patch for T1? (I assumed you were referring to thief 1's lowres textures) If that wasn't what you meant, my apologies.
    Last edited by sNeaksieGarrett; 1st Jan 2008 at 12:07.

  24. #49
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Ireland
    Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    1) some FMs (including Ultima Ratio) use poster scrolls as a generic "opened scroll", but with the nails in the updated version, it looks a bit problematic.
    2) The speed potion shows up dark gray. I think this is because it shares a texture with the weapon display case (which, I might add, is superb ).
    That scroll is not in the EP, nor is the texture for the table it's sitting on (it looks like the version from the early EP demo?), and the speed potion is definitely red for me. I can only assume those are changed made by the fan mission, which are of course overriding the EP resources, as they should.


    Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    Finally, a general question. Now that there is a general, unified update pack available, should FM authors include updated objects with their missions, or just assume players will have this pack at hand (maybe with a hint in the readme file to download it)? I am thinking the latter.
    I honestly don't know. From a manageability point of view, it makes more sense to ask players to download the pack - but if you do that, then you run the risk of players playing the mission without it, which might not be desirable.

    Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    NV, how about putting Shadowspawn's updated blackjack in the next update?
    He never gave a screenshot or download link for it, so I haven't a clue what it even looks like.

  25. #50
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2005
    Location: in here
    First of all congratulations for this pack i am amazed!
    I love the way new detailed objects look but i think as a FM player i will wait a little more until the "improvement patch" reach completion. I imagine something like high detailed wall textures along with the high poly-res objects.

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345671217 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •