TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread: The Thief Enhancement Pack

Oops, sorry. I should have remembered that. Thief 2 uses darkinst.cfg.... I'm so used to thief 1.

What I don't get is why it does this to some and not others. my thief 2 looks fine. I used the original .bat I think.

Thanks Nameless Voice! Haven't tried running an FM yet, but the original T2 works good. I liked the texture. I figured something like the source path had an issue.

Thanks so much!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    .... the UV mapping is very different from the original sword, so it doesn't use any of the original textures, and the new textures do not have the same names as the originals.
    Oh, that's OK then Thanks, again.

Okay, I have the EP working. I guess my T2 installation was getting a bit grubby after years of Darkloader and FMs.

Stonemarket Vinyards, 1603.
    Bear Pit Brew
    The sweet taste of the mountains.

Clean install of Thief Gold on WinXP. Optimized with Dark Loader. No other mods, fan missions, etc.

I tried installing the pack. The game freezes when I draw my sword.

Here's my config:

cd_path h:\
    install_path C:\games\ThiefG
    language english
    resname_base .\EP\Thief1+.\EP+C:\games\ThiefG+C:\Games\ThiefG\RES+h:\thief
    load_path C:\games\ThiefG+h:\thief
    script_module_path C:\games\ThiefG+h:\thief
    movie_path C:\games\ThiefG\movies+h:\thief\movies

(h is my media drive).

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by twitchology; 5th Jan 2008 at 12:37. Reason: Subscription

The game freezes when I draw my sword.

Did thief run fine before loading the EP?

Your resname looks odd:
    resname_base .\EP\Thief1+.\EP+C:\games\ThiefG+C:\Games\ThiefG\RES+h:\thief
    I think you have a redundant piece in there. Look at this one:
    resname_base .\EP\Thief1+.\EP+C:\Games\ThiefG\crfs+h:\Thief

Mine has CRFS, did you actually put your .crf's in a "RES" folder, or is it in a "CRFS" folder like me?

Ran fine before. Darkloader put them in a RES folder, I think. This is my first time playing Thief so I'm not familiar with the file structure.

oh ok. But do you see what I meant? see the blue and red above.

Didn't realize you are new. Welcome to TTLG! =)

That shouldn't happen, your config looks fine to me.

Go to Video options and make sure Hardware is On and Character Detail is set to High.

If that fails, you could try opening EP.crf in an archiver and deleting the files ArmSw2.bin and ArmSw2.cal from the mesh subfolder inside it.

Just a quick thanks to NV for the EP. It is much appreciated though I can't begin to imagine how much work went into making it.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
    Just a quick thanks to NV for the EP. It is much appreciated though I can't begin to imagine how much work went into making it.
    How about.

TY NV 4 EP.

Keeper of FMs
    I've been playing a lot of missions the past few days, and I just cannot believe how many modifications were made for the EP. Everytime I play I see several new things. Just amazing! Thanks so much for all the hard work!

I just installed it, and it looks great. Thanks, NV.

I have a question about the crate model. I think I have noticed this crate before in some FM's. It is real easy to get your head inside of this crate, such as when leaning down to drop one for stacking. Any ideas?

Does someone have to install dromed before the NV pack? I am mostly playing missions so i have not installed it. Could this optimising work without dromed?

I haven't instaled NV pack yet as i see still some conflicts from other users but i will do as soon as the most of them are fixed.

You don't need to install DromEd.

Kin: Don't need Dromed installed for the EP. I have 2 Thief II installs, one for editing missions with Dromed and one (virgin) for playing FMs. With or without Dromed the EP working perfect. I installed the EP for Dromed too, because I want to optimize my furter missions to this EP. Looks really nice!

Can someone post a link with the final fixed file. I searched the pages of this thread but i couldn't be sure which is the last version

I installed the EP for Dromed too, because I want to optimize my furter missions to this EP. Looks really nice!
    Does this mean that the future fan missions will all be constructed on adromed containing this patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    Does this mean that the future fan missions will all be constructed on adromed containing this patch?
    Not containing, just optimized for this patch. The player's choice if he want to play with or without this patch, but a mission needs to be ready for it. Ex. in my last mission I used a flat door as mirror, and now with the EP this mirror rather looks like a glass door than a mirror, just because i don't used a custom object as mirror. Otherwise this is the only problem discovered about this patch at me.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I imagine what you meant was that you installed it in your T2 folder that you use for Dromed, being a separate install folder from the one you use for playing. Most authors have at least two folders to keep playing and authoring separate. Or, if you're like me, you have about 20 install folders.

Really 3 I have One for playing, one for editing and one to experiment sometime Sluggs' object pack and other customs, with Dromed as well.

I probably have the worst setup - I have for playing and dromed in the same folder. Guess I'm old fashioned? I really didn't know about this some time ago, and since learning about it, I still haven't decided to go to two folders. Oh well.*shrugs*

Quote Originally Posted by Kin View Post
    Can someone post a link with the final fixed file. I searched the pages of this thread but i couldn't be sure which is the last version
    All the links in the first post are to the correct files.

... I was going to ask a moderator to remove any wrong links, but I don't even see any?

Quote Originally Posted by Sensut View Post
    Ex. in my last mission I used a flat door as mirror, and now with the EP this mirror rather looks like a glass door than a mirror, just because i don't used a custom object as mirror.
    I wouldn't worry too much about that, the doors are going to be 'fixed'. I may put up an archive with the current EP versions somewhere, in case FM authors want to use them, though.
    Last edited by Nameless Voice; 9th Jan 2008 at 16:09.

All the links in the first post are to the correct files.

... I was going to ask a moderator to remove any wrong links, but I don't even see any?

Sorry my bad. I didn't check well.

I wouldn't worry too much about that, the doors are going to be 'fixed'. I may put up an archive with the current EP versions somewhere, in case FM authors want to use them, though.
    No problemo about that door, this is only a small tangle. This spoils nothing on the game.

access denied

When trying to install in Windows Vista, I'm getting "unknown error" "access denied" when it tries to access Darkinst.cfg, and also the same for Dark.cfg

Is this a "Vista" thing or something else?

Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast