TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Book of Prophecy - Part 1, English release Jan/08

Nice mission, enjoyed the sneaking around up high while the destruction ensued below. However, I also noticed quite a few incomplete readables, at least 4 or 5 that just either ended abruptly where a page was missing, or that had pages that were repeated.

Can't finish mission. Regardless of which mode I'm in Easy, Hard or Expert, the Hatch won't open.

In Hard the sword is frobable but in expert it is missing.

I've done a clean T2 install, patched.

Scipts installed. Gaylesaver, Talliamed and Nameless Voice.
    Those off of KOMAGs site. Then downloaded from the authers sites where available.

Also installed ThiefEP1

The scripting won't open Hatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Brethren View Post
    However, I also noticed quite a few incomplete readables, at least 4 or 5 that just either ended abruptly where a page was missing, or that had pages that were repeated.
    There are 2-3 readables, which were existing only partially, the pages before and after are not important for the mission. Thatīs why they seem to be incomplete. The other problem is that translated readables doesnīt match the format of the books, so that they ended abruptly. Thatīs my mistake, I hadnīt checked this before.......
    Quote Originally Posted by rastas View Post
    Can't finish mission. Regardless of which mode I'm in Easy, Hard or Expert, the Hatch won't open.

In Hard the sword is frobable but in expert it is missing.
    The location where you can find the sword differs between hard and expert. If you play expert, the sword is
    spoiler:
    located in the area behind the hatch.
    The hatch wonīt open until you
    spoiler:
    leave the Keepers medaillon in front of the Night Stalkers door

Great!!

To Schattengilde this was a great mission I liked the new texture a lot, like the safe!! I just thoght that the end came too soon. I wanted to continue this one for awhile!! Keep up the great work!!

Despite a few hair pulls and the fact that it was quite short, I really liked it. Reminded me of the latter levels of Half Life 2.

It was intense in some areas. First round was an "Oh Shit" moment for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    First round was an "Oh Shit" moment for me.
    The effect should be like this

I understand where to leave the medallion, I get the "objective complete" indicater and the objective is ways ticked, but the hatch won't open.

spoiler:
    I've been running ino the space to the right of the "Night Stalker" door as it has a nice bit of dark shadow to hide in. Then I lean over the little half wall and drop the medallion between the half walls. Should I be standing between the half walls myself when I drop the medallion.

Solved

spoiler:
    Though the instructions say place medallion in from of the "Night Stakers" door, it should say "Stand in front as you do it" as well.
    Once I had solved the problem I replayed a dozen times to verify.
    spoiler:
    If I stand to the right of the half wall and lean over, it fails every time though the objective gets ticked off. But works everytime if you stand infront of the rotten door.

Getting the readables to show all the text might explain the story a little easier. I opened the books with "Notepad" and read the books etc to see what was going on.

Other than the minor medallion annoyance this is a great mission. I realy look forward the next in the series to see what is to happen to Garrett.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadak View Post
    why has this link been changed to http://www.ttlg.com/forums/magicbeans/ in the original post

added an extra mirror on my site at http://www.boxtechnic.com/thief/Proph1.zip grab it while you can, no guarantees for how long I can leave it there
    Last edited by Esme; 21st Jan 2008 at 10:37. Reason: added mirror

Quote Originally Posted by Schattengilde View Post
    The effect should be like this
    Oh it was. It was a blast.......no pun intended.

I fixed the Keep link to be a direct link to download the mission. I don't know why the original one won't work anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
    I fixed the Keep link to be a direct link to download the mission. I don't know why the original one won't work anymore.
    Oh, bellyfeel BB wouldn't let us see the unpersons doubleplusungood site.

I'm one of those leave no man standing kinda guy...

A question regarding the alchemist, those mobile tanks and the guards...
    spoiler:
    Is it possible to save the alchemist from making that "mistake"? I just feel bad having those exlposive bombs go to waste...plus i wanna get an extra knockout count =)

As for those tanks...is there ANYWAY to kill these buggers? I threw all 3 explosives and nada

And as for the perfect loot, is it possible to blackjack the 2 guards that appear when you steal the loot/jar?

Other than that I enjoys taking out the entire mechanist special forces with my sword of awesomeness...reminds me of my one man army against the humans in A brawl in the tombs XD

Quote Originally Posted by Lawviz View Post
    A question regarding the alchemist, those mobile tanks and the guards...
    spoiler:
    Is it possible to save the alchemist from making that "mistake"? I just feel bad having those exlposive bombs go to waste...plus i wanna get an extra knockout count =)
    If you look at the FAST walkthrough video, you can bypass the "mistake".

That was fun! Looking forward to the next part.

Keeper of FMs
    Mirror for The Circle & Darklurker:
    http://www.thief-thecircle.com/download.asp?fid=1015

Now, I get to see just how lame my own German translations were.

Lawviz,
    if you play "normal" style (not the FAST way), the alchemist is an unlucky guy and elect to be shredded
    Actual, there is no weapon that would be able to destroy a Destructor.......But Garretts adventure has just begun, so await events.
    The "loot" you mean is
    spoiler:
    only a trap. If you steal from your allies, they will be your foes. Remember the instructions at the beginning.....

Lawviz,
    if you play "normal" style (not the FAST way), the alchemist is an unlucky guy and elect to be shredded
    Actual, there is no weapon that would be able to destroy a Destructor.......But Garretts adventure has just begun, so await events.
    The "loot" you mean is
    spoiler:
    only a trap. If you steal from your allies, they will be your foes. Remember the instructions at the beginning.....

Lawviz,
    The "loot" you mean is
    spoiler:

Oh, whatīs this? Damned transmission error.......

Quote Originally Posted by Schattengilde View Post
    Lawviz,
    The "loot" you mean is
    spoiler:
    Ahh thanks, they're fun to kill, just that I appreciate KO-able people =)

I finally got a chance to play this and it was a lot of fun. The new AI and bot are really well done. I thought you did a very good job of routing the player past the fighting, allowing them to see it all without forcing them to be i the middle of it. Very enjoyable and I'll look forward to the next part! Thanks very much.

Really cool mission Schattengilde, and I'm very tough to please these days.

This one is a huge improvement since "Dark Messiah" which was a fine debut FM in itself.

Keep on the good work, I wish you even more and more imagination and talent for part 2.

BTW, keep an eye on the readables though

and don't forget that reading 'special thanks' in the middle of a FM can break the immersion (it did for me at least)

Quote Originally Posted by Ramirez's old fat Burrick View Post
    BTW, keep an eye on the readables though
    If the installation of part 2 is finished, Iīll fix the english readables for version 1.3. And rooftop action becomes impossible.........

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast