TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Thief I + II Sound effects enhancement pack

Sounds like you didn't have a complete snd.crf from the beginning. Usually it should have been about 300 MB after the installation of the game.

Albert
    No, I had the full snd.crf file. I dunno why, but even with the file in the REF directory, Thief II wouldn't detect it. It does, however, detect the snd.zip file that was created. Issue fixed, and I'm still wondering why.

jtr7
    Had you done a full install when you installed Thief? Are you playing through DarkLoader? One wrong click can leave your folders screwed up.

jtr7
    So ALL the files are on your hard drive, and there's just a mystery disconnect.

Did you rerecord the guard comments in Thief 2? Because that I think was the biggest disappoinment. The voice acting of those guys (and girls) was just lame except for Benny.

Albert: which OS are you using?

If you're using Windows Vista or 7 there might be problems in combination with UAC (user account control, you know, that thing that always darkens the screen and asks if you really wanna execute this). Try to run the setup as an administrator so it won't try to write files into the Virtual Storage (which is somewhere in the AppData folder of your user name).
    Last edited by Child Of Karras; 10th Apr 2013 at 18:14.

Anyone using this mod? Is it compatible with latest releases of TFix/Tafferpatcher?
    Really curious if the sounds sound natural in T1/T2. I mean, most of them are from T3, this could sound weird?

This patch works completely independed from other patches and shouldn't conflict with them. And I've removed all Thief 3 sounds and replaced them with the restored Thief 1/2 sounds for the latest version.

So Thief HD + Thief SEEP = pure awesomeness??

HD-Mod, EP and SEEP is my combination.

What? The Enhancement Pack does work with the hd texture mod?! Is there a specific update chronology I must respect or how do you install all the packs correctly?

You can find videos of mod installations here.

Thankyou nickie, that helped a lot!

Is there an before & after video that demonstrates the changes? I am not sure if SEEP warrants the effort when I get ready for my first T2X playthrough.

There was one many years ago. I might make a new one though. However, I'm not sure it will affect T2X at all since IIRC T2X uses all new sounds anyway.

Ah, I didn't know that. Thanks for the info, Child of Karras.

Comparison video added in the opening post. It's a little dark, but the sound is more important.

Thank you for the video.

This audio file (snd.crf\appar\appa0__4.wav) is broken, or not? At the moment 0:06 I hear distorded sound from apparition.

Also, let me know what is this - snd.crf\appar\Appa1__2.wav. Strange tone, at least for me.

This message was copied from topic "TFix: unofficial patch for Thief1/Gold" from page 69. Something to fix or not?

I don't think the enhancement pack covers voice files, does it?

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    No.

Any chance we can get the original version with the thief 3 sounds as well?
    I prefer the thief 3 sound effects myself.

Restore my dying sounds...

Is there any way possible to restore the original sounds when the NPC dies in a) fire b) water c) These sounds were wiped out in Tfix 1.2 (to accommodate higher Video card resolution, various bugs, etc). I would be willing to donate as I am a great fan of the original game.

Zombified
    1) take out your testicles, put on a table
    2) hit with a brick, as hard as you can
    3) most authentic dying sounds will be generated

bonus! human gene pool quality will increase.

//also, the sounds have not been removed, so there is nothing to restore, they are just disabled. to have them re-enabled, one would have to edit the gamesys. so, how much you've got?
    Last edited by voodoo47; 1st Jul 2015 at 07:01.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo47 View Post
    1) take out your testicles, put on a table
    2) hit with a brick, as hard as you can <-- I did. Brick broke.. got a hammer instead.
    3) most authentic dying sounds will be generated <-- I feel pleasure

bonus! human gene pool quality will increase.

//also, the sounds have not been removed, so there is nothing to restore, they are just disabled. to have them re-enabled, one would have to edit the gamesys. so, how much you've got?
    What exactly needs to be edited to restore the original dying sounds?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast