TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: All for a Night's Sleep (v1.1 available) 2008.03.10

Classical Master 2008
    What beautiful screenshots! And I just got to work... Definitely will play tonight.

Hienoa!

Thank You, Morrgan!

Well that was fun! Great city design and writing - especially the purloined undergarments!

The banned user, not the game
    ok found both secrets thank you for tip,also got all loot

i enjoyed that mission alot
    User was banned by Digital Nightfall on 8-4-2008

Clearinghouse
    Beautiful mission Thank you, Morrgan!

What a gem! Only had time for half an hour session so far but this flows along perfectly. Perfect lighting and shadows. Incredible if this was done in 80 hours. What a rich, multi-level terrain! And trust me, I'm used to playing Dark Mod every day. Yes, superior graphics but quality is quality and a good T2 mission is fantastic. If we could all produce FMs like this in 80 hours then there'd be a dozen FMs a week! Maybe I should dig out my semi-completed FM and try to finish it but I can't compete with this...

Gorgeous! And, compact as it was, it still had plenty of exploring to do.

Thanks heaps, Morrgan

(actually was just about to play The Saint Of Redmound for the 1st time - should prove an interesting 'backward comparison'!)

Nice mission! Thanks a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by UliB View Post
    Great small mission. Thanks a lot, Morrgan.

Hihi. Found 2. secret. It's not hard to get there and it's wet

Still missing 50 loot...
    Hmm I've search the wet places i can think off and can't see anything. A outright spoiler would be great.

Well well I like surprises... Thanks, downloading now!!!

shadows: dip your feet in the baths. But if you've already found two secrets, then this isn't the loot you're missing.

Nepotism alert:
    One of the things I think this mission does really well is guard placement. The patrols are all observable from hiding, and predictable but still tense - if you're not watching where a guard is then you're taking a risk, but not a fatal one, as there's usually ways to escape without a "cascading failure". There's clanky metal and tile scattered throughout the patrols, and locks to be picked while completely exposed - these make solitary guard patrols that much more effective.

Because there's a limited number of guards, a greater variety of confrontational styles is possible: you can sneak or you can blackjack, but you can also snipe an inconvenient guard with a broadhead without putting yourself at a complete disadvantage by alerting everyone. Most FMs I've played* have made killing guards a very poor choice even when the objectives allow it, because the sight/sound of one guard dying will be picked up by everyone else and result in a manhunt: which is a frustrating reduction of tactical possibilities.
    The frequent balconies and rooftops also give good spots for pouncing enemies from above, if you're into midair blackjacks!

*I've been out of touch with recent FM trends so correct me if this has changed.

Archivist
    This will make a nice little bonus

*grabs mission*

Thanks, Morrgan

THANK YOU............

I can now start to re-grow my hair.....but I will need another fix soon tho....
    I can Feel the "anxious" coming back already!.....Oh my!

I can appreciate the fact, that is mission does not have to be big and grand in order to pack a punch. Well executed.

Thanks Vigil, got it!

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    I played through this last night and had a blast! The vertical gameplay design and well-placed AI were all done masterfully. It has an authentic Thief feel to it, in spite of all the lovely upgraded textures. I think getting back to thief basics is a really good thing sometimes - by that I mean, just taffing around and stealing stuff and not saving the world from scheming necromancers, underground cults or evil megalomaniacs.

Thanks for this little gem, Morrgan! I'll be trying to ghost it tonight.

Played it through just now, and what a cute little mission. Thank you Morrgan!

Got full loot and both secrets, plus the bonus and the optional objective. Will try to ghost it next. Should be possible.

I especially liked how it instantly provided that classic Thief mood; perfect shadows, great lighting, many vertical levels, detailed and funny readables. For such a small mission, the city still seemed to stretch far, due to the lovable sky texture. In 80 hours?! Would take off my hat if I had one
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    A delightful beautiful little mission! It's just perfect in every aspect.

I'll have to replay it, because I didn't manage to find all the wanted posters. And yet I could swear that I went everywhere....

Lady R The last patrolling metal head guard, on expert for me, as he crosses the bridge, by the water canal, he goes back and forth over the bridge. Get by that bridge, and off to the right, beyond that bridge, is the last poster. I'm purely guessing here, that was the last one for me anyway.

Again, I enjoyed this mission, I agree with Yandros, does Garrett have to save the world every time? Thoroughly enjoyed the light heart feeling of this, damn blasted chime!
    Garrett is trying to sleep!

Thank you very much for the comments, everyone! It's been great reading them all and I'm glad you've liked it. Some of you even made me blush. Thanks also for the additional mirrors, I'll add them to the first post in a bit.

As far as story goes, it's sure fun from the designer's point of view to make something more light-hearted for a change. Fun enough that one or two more small ones like this might appear some time in the future. Who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawggon View Post
    It would be great if you could make it into a larger game. Is that what you have in mind?
    I won't be changing this one, but my next FM (Serious Business) is also a city mission with similar style and gameplay, only much bigger.

Well, I just Perfect Supremed it in 30 minutes. Both ghost report and loot list are up here if anyone is interested (FMs section). And if you still haven't found all the posters LadyR, those are listed as well.

Thanks again Morrgan!

d. 30.4.16 Always remembered
    Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    Lady R The last patrolling metal head guard, on expert for me, as he crosses the bridge, by the water canal, he goes back and forth over the bridge. Get by that bridge, and off to the right, beyond that bridge, is the last poster. I'm purely guessing here, that was the last one for me anyway.
    No it isn't, I got that one. Well, it's a good excuse to replay it on expert.

Many thanks, Morrgan, this mission was great! I can't believe you managed to create something of this quality in only 800 hours.

The book on "Horticulture" was hilarious. I suspect many people missed it.

N

LadyR: The last one I found was right outside the entrance to my apartment building.

Lovely mission Morrgan, thank you very much. Left me wanting more.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast