TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4914192021222324252627282934394449 ... LastLast

Thread: The Great Bargain Deals Thread

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Steam Weekend Deal

Zeno Clash - $3.75 USD - 75% off

Today's GOG deal: Freedom Force vs The Third Reich for $2.39.

Irrational's original Freedom Force was a thing of beauty, and incredibly addictive. Without having planned to, I played the entire game start to finish over a single weekend, during which I did very little else besides eat and sleep, simply because I couldn't resist playing "one more mission".

FFvTTR is essentially more of the same, but refined and improved in numerous areas; and while I preferred the storyline of the original, at this price there is basically no reason not to grab this if you don't already have it (and if you do have it, but it's one of the versions with annoying DRM, this a nice cheap way to deal to that problem!)
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 15th Jul 2011 at 10:35.

is Best Pony
    As Shadowcat says, the European release of this came with crippling StarForce DRM that rendered it simply unplayable on many types of DVD drive at the time, so it's a great chance to catch up.

Green Man Gaming

Deus Ex: Human Revolution $35.99, 28% off
    Apply coupon code GETYO-URWAN-DOUT1, final checkout price = $28.80 click

Key will be sent for Steam download. Legit.

Today's GOG deal: Enclave for $2.39.

i.e. Hack 'n' Slash third-person action from Starbreeze, before they became better known for the Chronicles of Riddick.

Today's GOG deal: Lords of the Realm: Royal Edition (comprising Lords of the Realm, Lords of the Realm II, and the LotR2: Siege Pack expansion) for $2.39.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

http://www.gog.com/en/news/summer_hi...journey_60_off
    The Longest Journey for $4 USD, DRM free and good compatibility with Homo Sapien equivalent versions of Windows? Don't mind if I do!

Today's GOG deal: Ground Control (including expansion Dark Conspiracy) for $2.39.

It's Digital Eel's 10 year anniversary, and Shrapnel Games has some of their games (among others) on sale through to the end of July 27th (timezone unspecified).

* Weird Worlds for $16.95 (save $8)
    * Brainpipe for $5 (save $10)

Both games have demos. If you think Brainpipe's two-level demo is too sedate (ignoring the intentionally lethal Coma), don't worry -- it gets plenty faster in the later levels :) Both games are excellent, so check them out if you've not done so before.

Also in the sale, but mostly unknown to me, are: Air Command 3.0, Bronze, Raging Tiger: The Second Korean War, Scallywag: In the Lair of the Medusa, Space HoRSE, War Plan Pacific, winSPWW2, World Supremacy.
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 21st Jul 2011 at 01:23.

Today's GOG deal: Enemy Engaged: Apache vs Havoc for $2.39.

One suspects that Commanche vs Hokum may follow at the same price, which would be the main attraction, but there's still a potential reason to pick up EEAH if you do have (or intend to get) EECH:

EEAH and EECH integrate together so that all the missions and all four aircraft are available from a single game. In addition, the EECH source code was released and there has been a tremendous amount of work done to the sim by its community. You actually get almost everything by purchasing only EECH and then applying the latest all-in-one community-built patch; however without EEAH the cockpit in the Havoc will not have working gauges.

So although you're effectively not getting a lot out of EEAH in that circumstance, if both titles are released for 60% off, it's still cheaper than buying just one of them at the standard price (which is already cheap); and if you already have EECH, it's not much more to spend to get everything perfect.

Of course if you aren't interested in EECH, then this is simply a very cheap stand-alone Apache & Havoc sim :)
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 21st Jul 2011 at 11:20.

Today's GOG deal: Uru: Complete Chronicles (comprising Uru: Ages Beyond Myst and its expansion packs The Path of the Shell and To D'ni) for $3.99.

One of the comments points out http://mystonline.com/

I'm not sure whether that renders the former obsolete, or if they complement each other as the single-player and multi-player components respectively?

As I understand it, everything in Uru:CC is in Myst Online. But if you don't want to be bothered by other people, then Uru:CC is a good alternative. Myst Online does add some stuff, though (not sure what as I haven't played MO too much).

Today's GOG deal: Dark Reign: The Future of War (including expansion The Rise of the Shadowhand) for $3.99.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

G2Play Deals
    http://www.g2play.net/store/Summer-Deals/
    All that I've listed below are to be activated on Steam.

F.E.A.R. 3 - $23.01 USD - 70% off

Total War: Shogun 2 - $28.77 USD - 60% off

Homefront - $21.57 USD - 76% off

Excellent price on FEAR 3, considering that it only came out a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    G2Play Deals
    http://www.g2play.net/store/Summer-Deals/
    All that I've listed below are to be activated on Steam.

F.E.A.R. 3 - $23.01 USD - 70% off
    Only $22.06 for me (my local VAT: 25%), I guess they must be using a constantly updating currency conversion.

Final day of the GOG deals, and it's a good 'un!

Independence War Deluxe (includes expansion Defiance) for $2.39.

Originally entitled I-War, Independence War is the US release which added 3Dfx acceleration (usable today via Glide wrappers), and the Deluxe edition includes the expansion pack "Defiance", which has you fighting on the opposite side of the war, in the Independent Navy.

This is one of the true classics in the history of PC gaming, and $2.39 is worth spending just for the peerless 14 minute intro movie.

Existing owners of the GOG version, note that they've added some additional extras for you to grab:
    To celebrate today's hidden gem, we're adding soundtracks, artworks, wallpapers, and a reference card to Independence War Deluxe's bonus content. We've also added soundtracks to Independence War 2's bonus materials today. Pick that game up while you're at it for double the rockin' soundtrack awesomeness.

The Humble Indie Bundle 3 is out! Pay what you want for Crayon Physics Deluxe, Cogs, VVVVVV, Hammerfight, and And Yet It Moves.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see the gigantic thread down there.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Steam Weekend Deal:-
    Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines - $5 USD - 75% off

I realise that I'm preaching to the converted, but this is by far one of the best RPGs made since Deus Ex. (It's probably the most worthy spiritual successor to the Deus Ex legacy of any game made to date.)

If you're a serious gamer with an interest in the RPG genre and/or you view gaming as a serious artistic medium, then you owe it to yourself to play this game.

This is one few games that I've played where the characters felt like real people.
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 29th Jul 2011 at 03:16.

Taking the Death Toll
    I was just coming here to post about that. The instant I saw that it was a done deal. I ended up buying it for a friend too, just 'cuz.

50% off TopWare games at GOG.com this weekend

$2.99:

* Dream Pinball 3D
    * Earth 2140 Trilogy
    * Earth 2150 Trilogy
    * Earth 2160
    * Enclave
    * Gorky 17
    * Jack Orlando: A Cinematic Adventure (DC)
    * Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire
    * Knights and Merchants: The Peasants Rebellion
    * Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator

$4.99:

* Two Worlds

http://www.gog.com/en/news/whole_top...talogue_50_off

is Best Pony
    From Green Man Gaming:

Civilization V (Steam code): 5.99 (70% off)

From Get Games Go:

Shogun 2: Total War: 17.77 (40% off)
    50 - 70% off Ubisoft DRM (and games too, I guess)
    Various strategy games on sale, too.

Chakat sex pillow
    GamersGate seems to have found an answer to Steam's Summer sale by launching their own.

Quite a few games marked down too. Still looking through it.

@Gunny, Normality's on there for $2.50 or something, and I remember you wanted to get it. Have no idea if it's up to scratch compared to the repackaged GoG version, though.

Page 24 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4914192021222324252627282934394449 ... LastLast