TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 271217222732374243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1375

Thread: The Great Bargain Deals Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    Is there a word for a feeling of nostalgia so powerful that it overwhelms your senses for a few seconds? There's this 3D Realms bundle ...
    Not in English, although yearning and pining come somewhat close.
    Last edited by Starker; 14th Jun 2016 at 18:17.

Administrator
    I found it somewhat annoying that Duke 3D has disappeared into a licensing hole because Gearbox is sitting on the IP. Also I managed to throw away the old discs I had...

But generally speaking nostalgia games make you realise that they were primitive and just the best possible at the time. Some of them are still enjoyable.

Chakat sex pillow
    True, and that's partly why I don't really want to replay them. Few games actually live up to your memories of them, especially if they were things you played when you were a lot younger.

Administrator
    Duke 3D has been one of those rare games that actually does stand up on its own after all these years. I have returned to many games only to be disappointed but this is one that I've replayed several times and been glad that I did.

Administrator
    I think it nailed the integration of humour. Most games are generally serious or they miss the mark. Although given the juvenile nature of the humour in duke 3D I wonder why it works in some respects.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Quote Originally Posted by scumble View Post
    I think it nailed the integration of humour. Most games are generally serious or they miss the mark. Although given the juvenile nature of the humour in duke 3D I wonder why it works in some respects.
    Such a shame that the same can't be said for Shadow Warrior. Fuck me, the artificial difficulty in that game. Hitscan enemies plz go!

The new Humble PC & Android bundle is not too shabby. Desktop Dungeons alone is worth it -- I'll wholeheartedly vouch for it: https://www.humblebundle.com/pc-android-14-bundle

Currently on offer:

$1:
    BADLAND: Game of the Year Edition
    SPACECOM

$3:
    Please, Dont Touch Anything
    Spider: Rite of the Shrouded Moon
    You Must Build A Boat
    + more games coming

$3 + average price:
    Desktop Dungeons
    Knights of Pen & Paper 2
    Last edited by Starker; 29th Jun 2016 at 05:24.

Quote Originally Posted by scumble View Post
    I found it somewhat annoying that Duke 3D has disappeared into a licensing hole because Gearbox is sitting on the IP. Also I managed to throw away the old discs I had...

But generally speaking nostalgia games make you realise that they were primitive and just the best possible at the time. Some of them are still enjoyable.
    Speaking of Duke 3D a really nice looking Dark Forces TC for that came out recently.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    The new Humble PC & Android bundle is not too shabby. Desktop Dungeons alone is worth it
    Agreed. I'd also recommend it for You Must Build A Boat. Itís not a very long game but has a nice sense of humour and is well worth it as part of the bundle.

Latest Bundle Stars bundle includes Solarix and 9 other games for less than half of what Solarix alone cost in the recent Steam sale!

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/majestic-bundle

Okay, it's another Bundle Stars bundle, and maybe I'm the only one who buys these. But this one contains a number of very good games for very little money, including Party Hard, Door Kickers, Sir You Are Being Hunted and Another World.

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundl...gends-4-bundle

SubJeff
    Ha ha. Visceral Cleanup looks great. I think they talked about it on Crate and Crowbar.

Lichdom: Battlemage is currently $1.10 CAD at Bundle Stars (97%OFF, steam key) for the next 42hrs

The Humble Store has Digital Eel's Weird Worlds and Sea of Stars on sale for two weeks, for $1.69 and $3.49 respectively.

http://www.infinitespacegames.com/in...-stays-humble/

http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140544

For those for whom such things are of interest, Weird Worlds is Linux-native nowadays; and Sea of Stars, in my experience, plays perfectly under Wine.

Another big sale on at GOG right now.

"The Back to School Sale will last until Sunday, October 2, 9:59 PM UTC."

https://www.gog.com/news/gog_connect...to_school_sale

PC Gamering Smartey Man

They're running daily deals. *sigh* Anti-consumer BS right there, rewarding no-lifers who have time to check the website everyday.

GOG Connect is back though. For the next week you can redeem the following Steam games on GOG if you own them.
    https://www.gog.com/connect

A.I. War : Fleet Command
    Hotline Miami
    X Rebirth
    Anno 1404
    Dex
    Shadow Warrior 2013
    Baldur's Gate: EE
    Cossacks Anthology
    Hot Tin Roof:the cat that wore a fedora
    The Last Federation
    Olliolli
    TeslaGrad
    Incredible adventures of Van Helsing: Final Cut
    The Master Plan
    Two Worlds Epic Edition
    X: Gold
    Ziggurat

Level 10,000 achieved
    The Humble Gems Bundle is pretty good. Westerado and Odallus have been on my list for a while, but Technobabylon and Chroma Squad look fun too.

Anyone want the keys for <strike>Assault Android Cactus</strike> or Spaera? Send me a PM.
    Last edited by henke; 28th Oct 2016 at 00:20.

This was a rare bundle in that even with over 1000 games in my Steam library I didn't have any of these, and not because they're crap. I've tried Assault Android Cactus and Technobabylon so far and both seem great, and Westerado's been on my wishlist a good while. Definitely worth it for those alone.

For those like me who are kinda interested but didn't want to spend too much, it looks like Rise of the Tomb Raider is 50% off on Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Thirith View Post
    For those like me who are kinda interested but didn't want to spend too much, it looks like Rise of the Tomb Raider is 50% off on Steam.
    Am I seeing it correctly that you can no longer buy the base game, only the 20 year celebration edition? 'Cause that's ass.

PC Gamering Smartey Man

Quote Originally Posted by Malleus View Post
    Am I seeing it correctly that you can no longer buy the base game, only the 20 year celebration edition? 'Cause that's ass.
    Why would you purposely want a content incomplete version of the game when they're selling a complete bundle?

Quote Originally Posted by EvaUnit02 View Post
    Why would you purposely want a content incomplete version of the game when they're selling a complete bundle?
    Because the complete bundle costs more, and I'm not even sure if I'm gonna like the base game.

Are any of those DLC actually worth owning?
    Most of them are extra outfits, only <s>two</s> three seem to be actual playable content - and one of those has predominately negative reviews.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided for $19.79 USD on Steam for the next 40 hours. I wondered when I'd get to play this game!

Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 271217222732374243444546474849505152 ... LastLast