TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Five Tigers: Eye of The Tiger (Update Released April 11, 2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Catman View Post
    Clarification regarding switch order: It doesn't matter what you do with the switches before you start throwing them in order. The first switch resets all following switches to 'off', the second switch throws all following switches to 'off', and so on.
    This relieves me somewhat because as i mentioned before i lost a save after completing the all switch route but with random order. So i guess it is not that bad to start over .

Clarification regarding switch order: It doesn't matter what you do with the switches before you start throwing them in order. The first switch resets all following switches to 'off', the second switch throws all following switches to 'off', and so on.
    phew I'd done the same as Kin, that makes things a lot easier, thanks for that

right finished in around 4 and a half hours with 3387/4094 loot, and 4/10 secrets

I'm going to have to go back and find the rest of the secrets I guess
    Last edited by Esme; 9th Apr 2008 at 09:10. Reason: finished

Thatīs good news, I thought I must start over...

Perfect tiiming, Catman, I just played Iron Butterfly last week

Drop or Use

bob_doe_nz - I had trouble 'dropping' the crumpled notebut after a few attempts I managed it. Are you using the Drop command rather than Use? I wasn't aware of the difference until very recently. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Draigcoch View Post
    bob_doe_nz - I had trouble 'dropping' the crumpled notebut after a few attempts I managed it. Are you using the Drop command rather than Use? I wasn't aware of the difference until very recently. Hope this helps!
    No, thats fine. I figured that one out. But the Catherine Objective still will not work.

Secrets / Bonus Objectives

I found 5/10 secrets and prepared to list them (spoiler wrapped of course) but because this is such a new mission I'd rather get a consensus first.

I didn't come across any bonus objectives. Does anyone know where to go or what to do to trigger them?

I've found a secret in Roy's room, but I can't figure out the effect.

Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by cattamer View Post
    I've found a secret in Roy's room, but I can't figure out the effect.

Anyone?

I missed that one. Thanks. But I don't know what it does either.

Its the, Eye of the Tiger, its the thrill of the fight....

I can't believe no1 else has put that up yet!

Man, I DL'd days ago, and I haven't even started it yet! Life must be getting in the way.

I am almost finished, but canīt find Alfreds notes about his crimes

And where is the armory?

@ Clock - You have to have a romantic heart. The two servants rooms near the kitchen area.

@ Timhotep - the armoury is in the stairwell area, I think, on the same floor as the game room. Aldred's murder book - check out his office books closely. Exact location in Marbrien's post to Acolyte6 below.

bob_doe_nz has discovered two bugs, and while confirming his report, I found a third. See the first post for details.

Excellent mission, Catman, so many hidden paths to find. And that really is a mansion!

Although I, also, only found 2/10 secrets

Anyone else have this happen:-
    At the Eye's Chamber, I decided to try using mines - just after 1 got set off, all 3 nasties froze, & I just walked in & grabbed it. As I left, 1 of them moved for a couple of seconds, then froze again, then a different one moved briefly, froze, and so on. I saved just after, but managed to get lost (again ) a little later - on re-loading all 3 were standing around & shifting position a bit, etc, as per normal.
    I had the Holy Gear, but never did find Lord Walker's amulet or whatever.

(not that I'm complaining, mind... )

yeah I got that too Sticky Fingers I just lobbed a couple of flash bombs at them until they died before going in to get the eye, I had the holy gear thing but I don't like undead ... or spiders so they had to go

Finished on hard, but found only one secret! This one deserves a replay on expert, just started...

nickie, thanks, obviously the second book on the table becomes frobbable after you get the new objective?.

About the eye chamber: I just walked in, grapped the thing and got out. The haunts didnīt follow and then they got "frozen". I had the holy gear.

Is this how it is supposed to work?

I didnīt encounter any bugs.

Secrets 5/10

I got

- The hidden switch in the kitchen storage room (on top of the crate in the west corner
    - the money box on the rafters in the main attic
    - the banner in the gast room

but can not remember the other 2 I found
    so where are the other and which stairs the girl mean (who get the necklace) ???

I also have

- the picture under the bed in Roys room
    - the money box in the 3rd floor storage room behind the crates

I would still like to know which stairs as well, gitb. But I think I'll wait for the updated version before replaying and looking for more secrets.

Quote Originally Posted by gitb View Post
    I got

- The hidden switch in the kitchen storage room (on top of the crate in the west corner
    I missed that one, which makes my total 7/10. But what does pushing that button do?

7/10 Secrets List

1. Loot on wodden beam in rafters - start at the rooftop above the garden rectangle, go through either door and proceed to the far south wall and in the center area.
    2. 3rd floor storage room - get on top of crates and look around
    3. 3rd floor - Roland's suite of rooms - frob picture of tiger in library/office space
    4. floor 1 - guest room - frob wall hanging of serpent
    5. Entrance to Eye Of Tiger - frob button on ceiling
    6. Roy's Room - picture under bed
    7. Floor containing large crates beneath long narrow kitchen on north side - west end on top of large crate - frob button on wall just below ceiling

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    @ Clock - You have to have a romantic heart. The two servants rooms near the kitchen area.

Hmmm, I've been to those places and read all the journals and crumpled bits of paper, but no bonus objective was triggered

Cassandra (the one who swiped the necklace) likes to think of herself as a noble. She would never hide anything under the stairs in the servants' part of the mansion. Climbing up on boxes and looking east will help.

The vault guards: Father Moore's Holy Gear is supposed to freeze them, but there's an intentional window where they will move now and then. As for Roland's amulet, he took it with him. Since I'm fixing other things, I'll clarify that bit in Moore's journal.

About the secrets: Most of them are related to specific loot locations, and there are hints for all but two in various journals. The two with no hints are not loot items.

About Roy: His secret doesn't do anything. It adds a little color to his character.

Thanks for clarification Catman - I'm looking forward to more hunting.

@ Clock - Outright spoiler. Well they were both writing about what they felt and were worried cos' they thought they were silly love letters and would never send them. Being an incurable romantic I thought I'd swap them. I picked hers up first and took it to his room and dropped it on the table and then found the objectives were triggered.

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post

@ Clock - Outright spoiler. Well they were both writing about what they felt and were worried cos' they thought they were silly love letters and would never send them. Being an incurable romantic I thought I'd swap them. I picked hers up first and took it to his room and dropped it on the table and then found the objectives were triggered.
    I get it now. I guess I'm not much of a romantic when playing this game. I'm more of a sneak.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast