TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Five Tigers: Eye of The Tiger (Update Released April 11, 2008)

@ baeuchlein - In the dungeon area there are two frobbable banners. Standing facing the cells bit, the one on the right behind the stocks I think they were, will lead you to the Eye.

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    I switched all the switches (but not in the correct order). It seems I cannot lower the bridge What can be wrong?????
    The switches are linked to enforce the correct order. If you switched them 5 8 4 3 1 7 2 6, only 1 2 and 6 would remain set. Once you throw 3, 6 would become unset.

The only safe solution is to start at 1 and work forward. Everything you did earlier does not need to be undone since the first switch will take care of that for you.

Phew, haven't seen a mansion of this size for quite a good while. It took some time to grasp it but with the exploration aided by a good story, all that time was enjoyable. Thanks a lot. Grand work.

Thanks for the updated ver.

but after all this effort...I'll finish this one first since I had no problems with objectives and the only fire arrow I used worked, at least so far. Just had to eliminate one Watcher so I could get to guards on second floor...no problem with 1 or 3.

One thing though...as far as I can tell, I count 3 secrets with no loot? Roy's picture (only pulls out but doesn't go in loot bag, naughty boy ), Storeroom ceiling button and button up over bridge?

Redid letters, so the lovers are now going to be happier. Also found necklace and I must say, you really hid some of them well....still looking for beam but was misguided looking for servants rather than guards area as I reread thread. Oh well... Cheers.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 11th Apr 2008 at 19:56.

The banned user, not the game
    just want to post my results on the mission

i played on expert,i think i must have had a glitch let me know

in first house,in down stairs room on each window sill i found a key to pretty much entire map.

in area where you have to lower bridge to get gem,all i had to do was turn around and raise lift and hit a switch under lift to make bridge come down,i thought i would have to hit all those levers around map to complete that,but nope,so i had the gem before anything else

and ofcourse the girl objective never ticked off,i froobed the hell out of her,droped the note in the guys room in every possible area,but no luck so when i got to gate game never ended due to that

great mission,just need to fix those most impotaint objectives

Mission Competed...yay!

Had a little difficulty with locating that darn beam for two reasons. Found I was actually looking in wrong attic but then I still didn't see "x" when I did find it. The only reason I did see it was actually spotting it on the beam due to lighting help. Still missed a fair amount of loot and don't understand why so much...634? I know I hit all the rooms...except I didn't go after Church statues and of course the other beam..the rest ???? I was satisfied with my take anyway as I'm not really a money hunter as such. Just what I can reasonably find without going to extremes mainly.

I must thank nickie (I believe it was her that spoke of wishing she would have been able to mark trail with her veggies) so taking that idea, I used a couple of keys and some breath potions to mark my way back to the exit path once I got Eye! So one fine day, I'll reload new version and replay...and await the next Chapter.

Oh yea...when I was leaving Chamber, I attempted to re-raise bridge but all it did was make grinding noises as though it was trying but didn't, so I hit switch again to make it stop making noise.

I just finished and I had a marvelous time exploring! The hidden elevator down to the torture room was quite ingenious and poking around through all the tunnels and attics was great fun. Thanks to the hints here, I've got 9 out of 10 secrets. Has anybody found the last one yet? Great work, Catman! I'll look forward to the next installment in the series.

10th & Final Secret

I don't understand it, and if found, it fails one of the objectives, but here is the last secret. Of course my secret #10 could be your #5. My list 1-7 is in a message somewhere above, and the others were listed separately as they were revealed to us by others.

10. That huge wooden octogonal platform that acts as an elevator. When you take it down to the Eye of the Tiger entrance, send it back up again and look for a switch attached to one of the vertical metal things that act as a guide to the platform. The switch hugs the ground. Engaging it brings the draw bridge down/up without having to go through that 8 switch sequence and fullfilling an objective.

Now, what do I do with Gilmore????
    Last edited by Clock; 12th Apr 2008 at 11:35.

"For the Love of the Game"

Thanx, Clock, great find - nice to get all the secrets. Does this count as the 3rd Bonus Objective ("Congratulations")?

Thief_4: the Catherine objective - I took the crumpled note to Aldred's Bedroom (1 floor up, room to the east) & dropped it on the left bedside table, next to his diary/journal. That completed the objective, but I suppose you could have a bug in your copy.

Great mission, Catman, but I think Garrett needs new boots

Quote Originally Posted by Catman View Post
    Regarding Gilmore: He's just there for ambiance. I did think about adding in something along the lines suggested, but the storyline needs him alive and kicking. He'll get what's coming to him in the next mission.

I missed this message. So does that mean there is no 2nd bonus objective regarding Gilmore?? I was under the impression that something had to be done with him.

10 secrets

after sifting through everyone else's secrets here's a list of the ten secrets

1.hidden switch on crates under long narrow kitchen - this flips the control of the kitchen lift
    2. money box in 3rd floor rafters near wall.
    3. gold coins on X marked 2nd floor rafters
    4. Picture under bed in roy's room - cant pick this up
    5. Money box in crates 3rd floor storage
    6. Picture of tiger in roland's room
    7. picture of serpent guest room floor 1
    8. Under stairs w side look to east wall for slit in wall contains tiara
    9. one of pillars of floor level big wooden lift - this brings down drawbridge - no need for the 8 levers
    10.button on ceiling before eye of tiger - dimms lights in room with haunts.

so far just 25 short of loot total.

WOW, just finished on expert. What a great mission!!!!
    Lots of fun, thanks a lot!!!!!!

Hmm, Im in deep trouble as it seems. Playing on Expert I got all objectives complete, found all 10 secrets (ok, you guys found half of them ) but I cannot end the mission because of the loot: I found only 2952 out of more than 4k... I have no idea where I should have overseen that much loot... Everyone is sleeping in the whole area, i was in every room, looked in every corner... I even found the ring at the toilets.

Any tips where are worthwile loot is located?

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    In the dungeon area there are two frobbable banners.
    Thanks, that brought me on the right track again. Although I had already discovered both banners and the passages behind them, I had not recognized the small doorway in the room with the octagonal lift platform which leads into the vault. Mission completed!

That was my missing secret. Would you believe that I hadn't even realized that WAS an elevator platform? Excellent mission!

Quote Originally Posted by WildWilbur View Post
    Hmm, Im in deep trouble as it seems. Playing on Expert I got all objectives complete, found all 10 secrets (ok, you guys found half of them ) but I cannot end the mission because of the loot: I found only 2952 out of more than 4k... I have no idea where I should have overseen that much loot... Everyone is sleeping in the whole area, i was in every room, looked in every corner... I even found the ring at the toilets.

Any tips where are worthwile loot is located?
    Many times I promise myself to write down the location of all the loot when I start a new mission. But laziness sets in all too quickly as I get too absorbed in the game. This was one of those rare missions where I found all the loot, but I don't think I can help without playing the mission over again. I probably wouldn't find everything again if I tried.

There were a few tricky pieces of loot that I recall. Maybe that would help.
    In the long narrow kitchen, there was a cookie jar or some kind of jar resting on the countertop with similar jars, that was in actuality loot.
    Similarily, a few of the paintings in the gallery on the 3rd? floor had value.
    The fountain had many coins in it.
    Where you jumped into the waterwell by the stables....there were coins down there as well.
    I think the guy being necrolized down in the dungeon had a mask on that was valuable.

Great Timing

Not sure what happened , somehow I missed Iron Butterfly!?!?<, OH WELL , down loaded both and now I in the middle Prt. 2. Thank's A million. I don't Know if I'll ever be able to create,{But have Ideas},But I do live to PLAY!!!

Great mission.........lots of fun

I'm short on loot and secrets......so I still have work to do !!......
    although all my objectives have checked off.

I find I have 4 breath potions..........but I've never seen
    any water !!!

Could someone point me in the direction of the water ??
    I feel that I've missed part of the game.

Thanks.

Two access points for the water.

1. In the dungeon there are 2 wall paintings. The one of a man leads to the water.
    2. There is a water well beside the stables.

Thank you.

I had been to the stables, but forgot about the well.!!!!

The practicing guards reaction to darkness was a nice touch.

Thanks for creating this mission.

Bonus Objectives

I'm about to put this misson aside and go on to other things, but what's the story on the bonus objectives....how many are there and how are they triggered?

Quote Originally Posted by Clock View Post
    Many times I promise myself to write down the location of all the loot when I start a new mission. But laziness sets in all too quickly as I get too absorbed in the game. This was one of those rare missions where I found all the loot, but I don't think I can help without playing the mission over again. I probably wouldn't find everything again if I tried.

There were a few tricky pieces of loot that I recall. Maybe that would help.
    In the long narrow kitchen, there was a cookie jar or some kind of jar resting on the countertop with similar jars, that was in actuality loot.
    Similarily, a few of the paintings in the gallery on the 3rd? floor had value.
    The fountain had many coins in it.
    Where you jumped into the waterwell by the stables....there were coins down there as well.
    I think the guy being necrolized down in the dungeon had a mask on that was valuable.
    Well, I have already found all of the loot you described. Weird... And the map is so huge I don`t feel like looking in every room again. Oh well, I just consider the fm as won.

Quote Originally Posted by Clock View Post
    Two access points for the water.

1. In the dungeon there are 2 wall paintings. The one of a man leads to the water.
    2. There is a water well beside the stables.
    Re No. 1: I found a gate that blocks my way. Is there a way to open it?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast