TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Therapy-forum: Tell us the story behind your username

Who, me? I told you I was from the northernmost part of Sweden, right?

So you mean you´re all pretty much like those people in that beer comercial? You know, "Jag vet inte varför de gillar Norrland, men jag antar att de vill vara sig själva för en stund"?
    Don't trust the skull.

Pfft. Commercial crap sterotypes

(Damn southerners...)

No, I was just being sarcastic about the general simple-minded attitude

...but it's true; I'd get the weirdest spellings of my last name for some reason. Maybe it's because so many people up there really have no proper language; they speak neither Swedish nor Finnish, but rather a horrible mix of the two and can't seem to get anything right. Throw some Sami into the mix and it's all set for confusion...
    "I never use resurrection. That's cheating.
    I save, die and reload. Which is also cheating."

My System Shock 2 walkthrough

(aka Gray)

TheWatcher

I usually go by the name of Kosh on other forums - on IRC I have a habit of giving short replies or answering questions with comments that appear to be gibberish or not connected with the subject, even though they are. Some of my associates said I sometimes sound like Kosh from the B5 TV series, so the name stuck.

When I came to register at TTLG, Kosh had been taken so I went for something else that describes me quite well - I watch things. I don`t mean things like TV (I haven`t watched TV for more than an hour in the last 6 months) but things in general - people, sociopolitical trends, technological advances, the growth of extelligence.. An interesting and sometimes disturbing activity.....

I am Gray. It's an old nick I used while playing Ultima Underworld, ages and ages ago, that I resurrected for the forums. It seemed appropriate enough.

Why Gray? Well... I dunno... I like gray (grey?) as a colour... and it sounded sort of old-ish...

Level 10,000 achieved

I'm Henrik. People call me Henke. Or Henkke. Or maybe Hencke. I prefeer Henke tough.

DarkDeus

DarkDeus, dark god, darkness, devil, satan, cthulhu, asmodeus, etc. etc. you got the idea. well, fit the signature anyway

Firstly, the (19)77 is my birth year because I couldn't just have "bujin".

"bujin" is Japanese romaji (hence the lowercase) and was taken from the martial art that I use to participate in (called Bujinkan, meaning "House of the divinely inspired warrior"). Drop the 'kan' (house) bit, and it means "Divine Warrior". Hope that's cleared that one up!

z_eod

Which is actaully based on a resturant in Chicago called "Billygoats" and is located on lower-Wakker, under the road.

Middle aged man here in the state of Kentucky, US. I used to be sysadmin for our company's IBM mainframes. Boy, talk about resillant. Those babies are pretty much indestructable (not mvs, vm, etc, just the low level os). One little bitty command causes the whole $10million beast to come to a screeching halt: z eod (End Of Day).

Originally posted by No_Coke_Pepsi:
    My nick comes from an old Saturday Night Live sketch, ca. 1977. It had Belushi and Bill Murray in it, I believe.

It concerned a greasy spoon run by immigrants with a poor command of English, which was mostly limited to shouts of "No Coke, Pepsi!" and "Chee'burger, Chee'burger, Chee'burger, Hey!"

Actually I enjoy Coke and Pepsi. Whatever ya got.

It's sort of stupid, but it's what brought me to the whole online thing

1. The old SNES RPG game, Earthbound, Mr. Saturn.
    2. The upcoming (now past) millenium.

Mr. Saturn - Mr. + y2k - y. Saturn2K.

But for some stuff I use "Tookay".
    When I was very young, Karras took me away from the Foundry mother and said, "Thou art the child of my endeavors. Follow me and thou shalt inherit the earth."

Rather unsurprisingly my current nick is the obvious green dog.

Originally i was known as Majikthise (after the philosopher in the hitchhikers guide books) but that got taken the wrong way lots on irc so i shortened it to majik.

last year, as part of freshers week we (the entertainments crew) decided to make a series of films showing off the union and the club and stuff to be shown at the end of the week. at the end of this we made a credits film, taking the mick out of the end of Top Gun (people pulling silly poses and with a "callsign" which was made up by the rest of the techs)

Well the long and short of it was that they decided that i sniggered a lot and therefore muttley was a natural choice and it's kinda stuck. Plus i love the Dastardly and Muttley Cartoons (My two machines at home were called dastardly and muttley before they did this and a new machine may well be added called klunk)

It's better than the alternative which is les. because my name is Paul Gibson and me hanging round with a lot of sound and light techs (being one myself) they made the obvious connection.

so there it is rather dull really
    What's My Solution?

NOISE POLLUTION!!!

Well, what can i say.....

This name was begotten after an item Garret was required to retrieve in T1. When I thought about the name of the item, it struck me as kind of funny and I decided to use it in this forum. Besides, everyone else was using Thief-ish names related to Burricks and the Trickster and other assorted characters in T1, and the only thing in that game that I thought was truly enigmatic was the treasured Lucky Hand Of Glory that lay next to a corpse in Clagscleft Prison, waiting for that clever man Garret to retrieve it.

How cool is that!?!?!?

KroeT is, well, erm. Argh. Never mind. I'm Dutch

According to some dutch stand-up comedian it's the cry of a bird called Polifinario.
    http://mts.gamepoint.net/kroet/ornitoloog.mp3 is the Dutch soundfile of the whole thing
    The eeeeevil fish will hunt you down and sit on your head, and you will smell like tuna for 3 weeks! RAAAARRRRRGGGHHH!

Member # 12555 !

My usual internet nick is Wolf, unfortunately though when I went to sign up, I found that someone had already taken it. The Wolfmeister is a name an online friend of mine coined a few months back so I decided to use that. Funny thing is, a member of my TFC clan who'd never heard the name before called me The Wolfmeister once too. Wierd, huh? *cue x-files music*

SShock2.com

Boreal didn't write that, I did. Due to some member database screwup, Boreal got my old member number (#79) and now it looks like all my old posts belong to him

THX1138

The first film of George Lucas.
    Stars Robert Duvall as THX1138.
    It's very grim, and very depressing.
    Very different from his other stuff, like Lynch's Eraserhead.
    It came out in the early 70's, I believe.

Lucky Hand of Glory--I don't know if you know this, but I thought I'd just put this in anyway.

A hand of glory, IIRC, is something from witchcraft. I did a lot of reading on witchcraft many, many years ago (due to an interest in it as an alternate religion and not much else), and I may have forgotten precisely what it is. It's a good luck charm made form the right hand of a thief who was hung. The hand was preserved, and usually candles were added to each of the fingers. When the hand was lit, it was supposed to make the bearer invisible. Supposedly it was prized by witches who practiced black magic because this way they could sneak into people's homes and do their evil deeds. (I'm not making a judgement call here, but that was in something I read.) I can understand that, because a witch doesn't have a thief's sneaking skill. It might have had another purpose, but I can't recall what it is.

I always thought it was a little weird that Garrett carried around the hand of another thief--but considering the supposed magical properties of this item, I guess it's not really all that surprising.

But it's still kinda icky.

Well, I needed an alias so I got to thinking...*Alias bows his head down in shame*...alas, I am not very creative.

I can't remember why I chose this name... It was a very very long time ago, thought. I didn't speak much english back then. Perhaps it sounded cool (I didn't know what it means). Now I'm just stuck with it.

Tears of the Moon:

Thank you. That was very interesting.

I am starting find that I am respecting the genius of the game developers more and more. I mean, they did their research, boy howdy...a lot of what they have put into this game has some very realistic roots. I find that EXTREMELY cool!

Bravo, Thief team, Bravo!
    sup

Hagatha - the name of the witch (accompanied by tinny, nasty computer music) in the very first level of the first King's Quest game. And that should tell you how long I've been at this game playing and perhaps give you an indication of my age. Not that I'm a particularly good gamer, but I sure am having fun.

my username "William The Taffer" was the final decision starting with "Sir Garrett" and "Thief William The Taffer" and "Sir William The Taffer"...but I stuck with William The Taffer (it sounds cooler)
    I'm not a bad guy, I just play one in real life.

Well, I was Candlem@ss, because the "old" forum said I couldn't register as Candlemass because "my username contains profanity...", so I used Candlem@ss. Then the forum moved, and I wound up here (not even sure if it's the same place, really), and I registered as Candlemass-II. I had also re-registered over at Wheeloftime.com because I had lost my password, so I used it here, too. Then I changed my email address and tried to update my profile and got locked out. I asked for help, and meanwhile I really wanted to post about something, so I re-registered again as Hit Deity.

Candlemass is an '80's Gothic metal band, really cool. Lots of songs about demons, angels, heaven & hell, good & evil, swords, crystal balls, lots of fantasy stuff.

Hit Deity is an adulteration of the name of one of the best new metal bands to come out lately, Godsmack. I reversed the order of the two words and picked synonyms for them. And I thought it was cool, too.

I think I first used Draxil in "Lords of Magic", he was a dwarven mage, then later a dwarven warrior. Its the name I go by everywhere, nowadays. Came up with it on my own, though it depressed me because I have since seen it as an email adress that wasn't mine. Copycats

this was the mp3 i was downloading when i first logged on to this forum!

and for all you young whipper snappers out there, it's a song by pink floyd!!
    "That'll learn ya ........... except your dead!"

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast