TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Mirror (April 24, 2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Tharakath View Post
    Spyrano if you still need help with the sanctuary key. spoiler: walk through one of the glasses and pick up a multimold it will be in your inventory. put it in the notch on the moten metal machine and push the button. it will make another key.
    Actually I tried that, it doesnt work. I put the mold onto the natch, pours liquid metal on it(happens for like 1 sec) and opened the mold...nothing. Not a key, nothing. I can't even pick up the multimold anymore

For the record I destroyed the furnace by mistake...is that bad?

Really can't find the key to Clegg's anywhere in or around the Hungry Haunt (& have no idea what absynthe has to do with it). Spoiler, please?
    Also : just near Clegg's is a ladder up to a small ballustrade with a big lever, which I assume opens the gate beneath. But it's not frobbable.
    I use Win2k - could this be the reason for either / both problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Really can't find the key to Clegg's anywhere in or around the Hungry Haunt (& have no idea what absynthe has to do with it). Spoiler, please?
    Grab the Absinthe (the bottle on the table)

Ok, I admit Im dumb: Where do I find the key to Frob`s Study? A hint would be enough

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    Also : just near Clegg's is a ladder up to a small ballustrade with a big lever, which I assume opens the gate beneath. But it's not frobbable.
    I use Win2k - could this be the reason for either / both problems?
    One of the guards would come to his senses and go back to guard duty if you take away his drink

WildWilbur
    To Frob's Study you can only get through another way than door.

WildWilbur:
    Of course, the key is inside.
    Sticky Fingers:
    Beverage appears after checking the door to Clegg's house (it's closed).
    You think you've already checked it? Maybe you have reload game after? Try once more.
    But the lever is not frobbable, that's right. It's 'Guards only' device.

Quote Originally Posted by Zontik View Post
    WildWilbur:
    Of course, the key is inside.
    D'OH... Thanks

So can I find the 3rd key (got red and green already) in Frob`s Cabinet? If yes then I will need a hint again. If no then too.

Have you found Glaziers' hideout?
    Have you got into the study? The entrance is outside.
    Common mistake: you try to break through the mission. Try to investigate the whole story, and you will find a lot of clues what to do next. You are searching for the 3d key... what you suppose to do with it? Have you a reason?
    If you know a reason, you have an answer.
    In other words, you supposed to guess where is the key before getting it.
    Even color is clue.
    Last edited by Zontik; 25th Apr 2008 at 08:55.

Thanks for the help, but I 'tried' that door a long time ago, & now neither guard nor bottle are at the Inn. I guess that means I'm stuffed now & virtually need to restart.

Think I'll let this one go for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Zontik View Post
    Have you found Glaziers' hideout?
    Have you got into the study? The entrance is outside.
    Common mistake: you try to break through the mission. Try to investigate the whole story, and you will find a lot of clues what to do next. You are searching for the 3d key... what you suppose to do with it? Have you a reason?
    If you know a reason, you have an answer.
    In other words, you supposed to guess where is the key before getting it.
    Even color is clue.
    Ok, I tell you what I think I know at this point (english is not my mother language ):

First I visited Clegg, read something about a artifact and people that vanished or got mad/altered. Clegg suspects Frob has something to do with it. Got the green key from him, saw a blue guy running away in the attic but there was nothing else. Found the diary of the thief in the sewer beneath Cleggs. Saw the dying animation of the poor bastard that looked in the mirror. Went then to Frobs mansion. Found the secret in the bed room (suit) and his diary (thanks to your help). So he found the mirror (through the thief). Somehow the Alchimist is being involved because this are the three guys with the keys (some ritual for the Electrics Building?) but I don't quite understand.. The Alchimist has been captured by Frob to make gold/silver and discovered some kind of mirror. THE mirror I can find in the little room behind the wine cellar but obviously I mustn't touch it (though it`s funny if I do ). I found (and read in Frobs diary) a mysterious room with couloured lights beneath Frobs basement from the room with the generators but I cannot get there. Saw a second dying animation of the woman who looked into the mirror.
    My ideas are to find the Glaziers hideout but I dont know how. I know of a locked manhole cover. And that I somehow can stop the water wheel.

Ok, and now I will investigate the mission further and am sure that I will find a way to carry one a few minutes after posting this.

2.5hrs on Expert and I am finally done! Thanks for all the help you guys.

WildWilbur
    I'll answer by PM in a few minutes. Answer is TOO spoilery, so I don't want to post it here.

I wonder why this mission is so difficult for some taffers. Strange... As for me it seems quite easy, just requires couple of hours to finish. By the way how many easter eggs are there? I found 5.

Well I'm stuck now too. Feel I should be finding the Glaziers hideout and even with the hints so far I don't know where I'm supposed to be looking. Some clues anyone? And what about that sewer - is that just an exit? Haven't found a way into Frob's study (metal door?) yet. Maybe that would help.

Really enjoying it so far Zontik - pretty tricky in places though. Don't get me wrong - that's fine.
    Last edited by nickie; 25th Apr 2008 at 15:57.

Nickie: The Glazier's hideout is in The power station's cable storage building. One of those doors is not like the others.

The Metal door in Frob's building is actually the alchemist's room. The key for that is in The huge safe with the combo lock, look around the room for clues to its code

Thanks Spyrano - I had the Alchemist's key but forgot to try it on that door. As for the cable storage building - I'm not sure where that is. I've just found a room in Frob's house I hadn't noticed before - pesky guards! and seen a couple of ghost type things so wonder whether I've progressed at all. Also think I need to find the blue/purple? key before I can go further in the Power Company's building. I've got the red and blue and read the clues but not found the 3rd yet.

I don't do headless chicken terribly well normally but tonight I'm brilliant!!

The banned user, not the game
    i like the escalator,it worked so well
    Last edited by Thief_4; 25th Apr 2008 at 17:21.

The banned user, not the game
    mission complete on expert 2 hours 30 min

2075/2420 loot 3/7 secrets

nice job

looking for other secrets i missed,ones i got that i remeber was in sewer on a ledge diamond,also i found one by easter street if i remeber right i broke a crate and got a speed potion,never figured out where i need to use it,and other one i got i think was either a passage or a loot piece,if possible post your secrets
    Last edited by Thief_4; 25th Apr 2008 at 17:21.

Nickie: The Power Company's Cable Storage building is just North of Frob's place.

This probably doesn't need a spoiler, but just in case...

I had a really good laugh when I saw DromEd running on the computer at the front desk!

Havent checked in for a couple of days and when I come back a new fm for me to play. What they say is true, "all good things come to those who wait". Thanks heaps I cant wait to sink my claws into it.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Cat View Post
    I wonder why this mission is so difficult for some taffers. Strange...
    Strange post...

I've tried both of the "wet" areas to get out of the first part of the city, but they're both blocked by gates and I can't open them. What should I do?

- David

Thanks Spyrano.

Ah - got it! Very clever.
    Last edited by nickie; 26th Apr 2008 at 04:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechs Delight View Post
    I've tried both of the "wet" areas to get out of the first part of the city, but they're both blocked by gates and I can't open them. What should I do?

- David
    David,

spoiler:

Look for a red watchtower not far from the pub. There is a ladder you can climb in the rear of that tower. From the top of the tower, you can reach the ledges of some buildings that will allow you to enter that "other" part of the city.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast