TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: The Mirror (April 24, 2008)

@ clearing - thank you but I don't think that's where I found it because I used it on the watcher to get into Frob's in the first place.

Ghost

Uh...

Okay, I got the mirror. That was my only objective. There's no checkmark or anything in my objective list (not even a box for it)... what am I supposed to do now?

Dafydd

Hello! I've come to a dead end, I think. Playing on Expert and been inside just about everywhere. Found location of mirror and managed to do the job in the Power Station. The only place I can't get into is the Police Station. The camvator ride always hangs up at the torch on the gate archway. Is there another way in? I gassed the archer at the top. Is that the problem? I had to as there was no other way to get past him without getting killed.

1. There was nothing marked "cabinet" on my map of Julius' house. It was a blank area.

2. I read someone's post who was playing on expert about killing several guards for fun. Whenever I tried to get rid of an ai that way (like the archer on top of the gate) I failed my mission! Is this a bug?

In spite of running into so many brick walls and having to refer to the thread for some hints and solutions, I'm really enjoying this fm. I hope the camvator problem hasn't made it unfinishable for me.

oops...

Dafydd : if you got an on-screen "objective complete" after grabbing the mirror, the mission should finish up. (I didn't have a checkbox either). Hope you don't have a bug.

redleaf : look south from in front of the Power Station - there's a balcony to jump to. Then you need to reach the roof.
    Last edited by Sticky Fingers; 29th Apr 2008 at 05:11.

Clearinghouse
    Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    the mission should finish up.
    And you should see video.

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    And you should see video.
    Dafydd : just wondering - did you install the Cool Codec?

About the camvator problem...

Sorry for all the postings, but I've had a - fairly silly - idea that might, maybe, perhaps, but probably won't, get the camvator to work. (bear in mind that I still can't figure out Dromed).

When I returned to the Hungry Haunt, neither the guard nor the bottle were there. Zontick (thanks again) was kind enough to PM me explaining how to "re-trigger" their presence - & I'm wondering if doing this "re-triggering" (whether they're there or not) might allow the camvator to work.
    To do this, apparently you go close to the door to Clegg's (BTW, Clegg's & the police station are one & the same), then walk to the wall (of Frob's) directly opposite, then return close to that door again (I actually frobbed it both times) & then go to the Inn.

I know this sounds idiotic, & is a real long shot, but - any port in a storm?

redleaf: I'd BJ'd that archer, but the camvator worked ok for me.

The archive with FM is updated. Thanks Clearing!

http://darkfate.ru/index.cgi?show=fi.../Thief2/Mirror

1. Replaced 'Nazi' song (thanks for everyone who noticed that).
    2. Camvator fixed AGAIN. Not sure how it works now on yours PCs, but on mine it works perfectly.
    3. Rat&Ring bug removed (now you can't shift the rat with arrow).

Play and enjoy!

Warning: old saved games may not work properly with new version.

Clearinghouse
    Edited the first post.

Hmmm... I've been in Cleggs twice, once via the balcony, the second time thru the gate by the water wheel. Never thought those 2 places were the same! Thank you for clearing that up.

Another puzzle: In what I believe to be Clegg's bedroom , it looks like there's a secret door over by the round table. I've been looking all over for a switch or button to open it. Just frobbing wildly now. There doesn't seem to be a key to the room where I think the door leads, and lock picks won't open it either. Any hints about this?

I'll try the reset thing. Maybe it will help the camvator sequence. Thanks again, Sticky Fingers!

Ahhhh, clearing. I knew those paint jugs had to be good for something. So that door leads to the attic! Gracious.

Unfortunately, there's nothing there but a man in purple who runs away. I tried to follow, but he disappeared. I know some players found the mirror there, but I already know mine is in the Glazier's den.

Still does leave one mystery -- is there a key for me to find that will open the hallway door on the second floor which is unpickable?

redleaf : If you mean Frob's - enter from the balcony
    If you mean Clegg's - check the kitchen fireplace

Jeez, I must be tired. I was already in that room hours ago, thru the fireplace, right? -- forgot all about it. Sorry ...

I think I'm ready to tie this thing up. Thanks for all the help. I really needed it with this one. Good puzzler, Zontik!

Quote Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
    I think your #6 should read Clegg's attic.
    That one didn't tick off as a secret, it's definitely Frob's which counts as one.

It's a little awkward to count some of the secrets here (hence me being unsire of one) as several things you might expect to have been called a secret actually aren't. The last two I did as playing after the list had been started, so are correct (at least on normal, unless they change between difficulties).

I presume Clegg's isn't a secret because it is an essential location for the mission (on normal). It's always struck me a little odd when authors count things as being secret when you can't complete the mission without them.

Hoplessly stuck at beginning

I must be especially dense this morning but the only thing ive been able to do is to get into room 606 and i havent found anything to get me further...........please help this old girl a little.

Thanks

I just had a duh moment...........mirror.
    Last edited by maloo; 29th Apr 2008 at 12:09.

"For the Love of the Game"

There seems to be a secret door in Frobs place in the corridoor with the watcher. I canīt find a way to open it???

Also, how to get to the armory in Gleggs place?

five and a half hours on expert, 550 or so short on loot, all 7 secrets thanks to this thread but no easter eggs

very enjoyable mission, the puzzles were fiendish

Timhotep - have a look at the walls in the dining room, failing that bash it open with your sword

I have the updated version, but the camvator is still not working for me. Shame as I was enjoying this mission. Is there a workaround?

Quote Originally Posted by Esme View Post
    five and a half hours on expert, 550 or so short on loot, all 7 secrets thanks to this thread but no easter eggs

very enjoyable mission, the puzzles were fiendish
    As far as I know - and presuming these count as Easter eggs:

#1 Easter Street, a couple of crates on the ledge past Frob's balcony will help you over the wall - explore
    #2 Look in the mirror with the lights on. Helps if you're familiar with the TG blooper reel
    #3 I presume this counts In the hotel at the beginning go to the top floor and leap over the railings

in that case I found the second one

I shall go and assemble some crates forthwith

--EDIT--

cool make that 3 then
    Last edited by Esme; 29th Apr 2008 at 15:50.

clearing says there's a pic of an easter egg in this post but I didn't find anything there and the screenshot posted has now changed - it was slightly different first time I looked.

Secrets?

I have a question about a secret and a possible bug.

First, the bug.

I visited the watery area beyond the fountain first from inside Frob's house (from his kitchen storage area). Frobbing the switch on top of the fountain in front of the house opens and closes that gate, but it doesn't increase the secret count.

The question:
    How do I get to Frob's attic? That's the last secret I haven't found.

I'm playing at normal difficulty.

- prjames

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast