TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TG FM: The Kill for Life (May 8, 2008)

Stuck !

I'm in the buildings behind the cemetary. There is a small closet room off a bedroom with a blue bed. How do I open the secret door in the wall in this closet?

A hint please!

Quote Originally Posted by frobbin hood View Post
    Stuck !

I'm in the buildings behind the cemetary. There is a small closet room off a bedroom with a blue bed. How do I open the secret door in the wall in this closet?

A hint please!
    How did you get there? If you cimbed over the rubble which blocked the northern entrance to the cemetary, that's the wrong way. I suspected you'd get there other way. This secret door can only be opened from the other side.
    By the way, it looks like you are still in the cemetary, because the only building behind it is Walter's shelter.
    Last edited by Dront; 18th May 2008 at 08:19.

Can you pls help me locate the elevator?

Summer Vacation Contest Winner 2010
    as you enter the building the elevator is on your left in the doorway.

You mean where the2 guards and button are?

it's been awhile since I played it, and all I can recall is: When you just enter
    the building to your left in the entrance there is an elevator in the shadow.
    It is not real noticeable, but yes there is a button.

Wish I could be of more help. The building I am referring to is the building where the Villain is in the Basement. The elevator should take you toHimThe Villain is Walter, and The Building is referred to Walter's building. This will be the last building you will have to find to complete the mission Hope this helps alittle Good luck!
    Last edited by darthsLair; 1st Nov 2008 at 10:11.

Thanks darthsLair. Unfortunately I still cannot locate it.
    I tried killing the villain in the basement where you have to crouch to enter and there are 2 rooms, on on the left with a table and some goodies, the other on the left with a person sleeping. No lifts there I'm really stuck!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by maga View Post
    Thanks darthsLair. Unfortunately I still cannot locate it.
    I tried killing the villain in the basement where you have to crouch to enter and there are 2 rooms, on on the left with a table and some goodies, the other on the left with a person sleeping. No lifts there I'm really stuck!!!!
    Hm. Looks like you haven't reached Walter's shelter yet.
    Try to find one passage to the south and the next - behind the mausoleum. Both of them are located near the place you've stuck.

Sorry.. all I can suggest is to PM the Author "Dront"

Since i'm intro TG now pretty much, i'll try it out Thanks. I like the story aswell. A sniper?? A broadhead arrow aimer you mean?

Thor02, you can play the whole "Plot" campaign - The Kill for Life is the last mission of it, and this mission wasn't updated, while the campaign was.

Yeah, the sniper means the broadhead aimer, of course. I don't appreciate sniper rifles appear in world of Thief

Oww. Right, i knew there was something odd about the 1st sentence where is the word ''Campaign''. I'm lost. Does the campaign have a name or will i have to scavange the previous missions somehow? But since theire in the-circle (i assume), then i shouldn't have alot of trouble sorting out.

Keeper of FMs
    Here's the link to the 3 mission Plot Campaign.

Took me only half a year to remember about this FM and actually play it...

That being said... it's much more primitive (mostly in design) from those FMs I've used to play, however it had some qualities as well. Finished on expert in about 50 mins, i consider myself lucky due to all the mazes.
    That was some badass haunt and Walter slashing... I will surely remember this FM.

I'll look into the campaign as well...

This FM might not be liked by everyone, but for me it was something new. New is a positive aspect in my life.

Why are all of the fireshadows deathstaged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got f'ing run from that many of the f'ers

Did somebody forget to put everything into the T1-TG patch or something, but lack of death properties/motions is pretty significant missing element.

Why are all of the fireshadows deathstaged
    I decided to do this - so you aren't allowed to have unlimited amount of fire arrows.
    but lack of death properties/motions is pretty significant missing element.
    This really is a worthy remark, but there is one thing: if a fire shadow has death motions (so it's clear when it's really slain), you will know there is a safe place. If it doesn't have - it seems a shadow disappeared, but will return after some time - and this gives some tension.

However, I repeat, your remark is worthy - it may be better to add such motions.

Finished on Normal in 1 hour and 27 minutes with 5901 of 7057 total loot. I got 3057, more than half of my haul, from a single purse on the belt of a guard near the beginning of the mission. That was odd. I also needed one hint to complete the final objective because I missed the elevator to the basement of Walter’s mansion hidden in impenetrable darkness.

The Kill For Life is not a good mission. The endless City streets and houses are slapped together: rectangular boxrooms and mismatched textures everywhere, a low amount of details in all areas. Ambient light is not properly set. There were many areas so dark I had to use fire arrows to check of there was anything hidden in them. Cranking up the gamma does not work.

In the earlier parts of the mission, guards often patrol straight lines in wide-open areas. Walking up behind them and taking them down is only a challenge when there are others nearby to spot you walking up behind them. In contrast, it is often impossible to avoid being spotted in the more narrow corridors of Walter‘s mansion. In these later parts of the mission, you will be forced to fight.

The mission is not all bad though: Journals provide hints on where keys are and where Walter is hiding. I think The Kill For Life does hints in journals better than some other missions who are more highly regarded. It also has ambient sounds in all areas, whereas many other missions are often dead silent. Lastly, I like one room in which the lamps are turning off and back on in intervals, requiring the player to match their movements with the light to avoid being seen. Surprisingly few missions for T1 use light like this.

Three things that could have easily been fixed before release: There is a shop, but you get no money to buy anything on any of the difficulty levels, so it is pointless. On the save screen, the mission shows up as „Tribunal“. All Russian voice clips are not subtitled.

Overall rating: 2/10

where is walter's mansion?

Beyond the cemetary in another set of City streets. You enter through a side entrance guarded by two haunts. On the left of the door is a note by Walter containings orders for his guards. You need a key to open this door. They key is near the starting area of the mission: Go down the first ramp to the west and then pick the lock of the metal door opeposite the ramp. Inside are two guards and a chest. The key to Walter's mansion is inside this chest.

But i haben's found i cemetary till now. I only found the morgue

The cemetary is in the southwest of the map, behind a large red wall. The iron gates are locked. If I remember correctly, the cemetary key is somwhere in the morgue.

thx the cemetary key a already have. but i run out the city fpr several times , but i cannot find a gate for teh cemetary. i only found two doors, but both are not frobbable. all other doors are opened

found it
    Last edited by radogoal; 8th Feb 2020 at 08:21.

i killed the two guards in this closed room and now i try to hit the button with broadhead arrows. but how can i check, whether i have hit the button and what is going on after hitting the button?

That button controls the portcullis leading to the cemetery that you have already unlocked with the cemetery key.
    Last edited by fortuni; 8th Feb 2020 at 15:07.

i stand now by the door with the orders of walter to the haunts and guards. i should find the key of his maison. it should be in the guard room . but i can only find another gate to a cemetary ? and a door to a gym for shooting and so on.

but where is the guardroom?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast