TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need advice: I ruined Thief for me

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    I September 2007 I decided catch up with that had been released for Thief as far as fan missions are concerned, the ultimate goal being to have played through every mission at least once on normal difficulty.
    13 years later, I achieved this goal for Thief: The Dark Project and Thief Gold. There is not a single fan mission on Thief Guild I have not played and rated (excluding demos). My goal was to get to this milestone in 2020. I managed to do it with 2 hours to spare on the very last day of the year.

Congratulations! If I was a single man and had the time, I probably would've had a similar goal, but to instead ghost every fan mission. That would've taken forever.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    13 years later, I achieved this goal for Thief: The Dark Project and Thief Gold. There is not a single fan mission on Thief Guild I have not played and rated (excluding demos). My goal was to get to this milestone in 2020. I managed to do it with 2 hours to spare on the very last day of the year.
    How about playing some Thief 3 FMs and TDM to change the pace?

This is precisely why I only play Thief 2 from December through March of every year. I've been doing this since 2003, about 17 or 18 years and I have never gotten burned out on this game. I call it my Thief season.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    How about playing some Thief 3 FMs and TDM to change the pace?
    First, I will play the missions from the One Million Units Contest, which have just been released. Then, I will finally play Thief: Deadly Shadows, which I never completed back in the day and which has been sitting on my shelf for 15 years.

But did you find every piece of loot, every secret, every optional, every bonus objective and every Easter egg? If not your not a perfect thief, need to replay the lot IMO

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    But did you find every piece of loot, every secret, every optional, every bonus objective and every Easter egg? If not your not a perfect thief, need to replay the lot IMO
    Who in their right mind would do that?

Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    Some mad American woman who's living in England suggested I play Deus Ex. Might be going a bit too far though.
    Some mad German that lives in Switzerland would suggest the same. If I have the urge to be stealthy but can't get into thief for that moment I check the newest dark mod missions which adds a bit of fresh air since it's basically similar but with its own tweaks und characteristics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12