TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 491419242526272829

Thread: Broken Triad Released (05/31/08)

What's your set up? Were you using Angel loader as Arrowgrab was and that is why you replaced the NV Scripts?

I played this only a couple of weeks ago using FMsel + ND1.27d and experienced no issues, I also know Athalle also played in the last couple of weeks and had no problems, and I know she uses FMsel, so maybe the problem lies with angel loader not loading the correct NV scripts?

Edit: Just installed Angel loader and Broken Triad loads correctly with me.
    Last edited by fortuni; 17th May 2021 at 08:21.

Oversight, there are at least three locations I know of where NVS scripts may appear. One is the FM folder, the next one is the game's main folder (e.g., \Thief2 or \Dark2), and the third one is the OSM folder inside the game's main folder, e.g., \Thief2\OSM. This last one apparently became used after NewDark was introduced. I am afraid you have to check all three for old versions of the NVScript files.

Furthermore, there are three script modules present in the zip archive of "Broken Triad", named nvscript.osm, tnhscript.osm and script.osm. Please check for outdated versions of them in the three folders mentioned above.

Scripts don't work

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    What's your set up? Were you using Angel loader as Arrowgrab was and that is why you replaced the NV Scripts?

I played this only a couple of weeks ago using FMsel + ND1.27d and experienced no issues, I also know Athalle also played in the last couple of weeks and had no problems, and I know she uses FMsel, so maybe the problem lies with angel loader not loading the correct NV scripts?

Edit: Just installed Angel loader and Broken Triad loads correctly with me.
    Yes I was using the Angelloader, but scripts unfortunately not working in FM.

All I can do atm is report this issue to Jax, but the scripts appear work without issue if you use FMsel as a mission loader, so it might not be something that can be fixed via T2Fix, but you never know.

Can you check and see if you have any problem when you use FMsel rather than Angel Loader, I didn’t have a problem

If it is an Angel loader issue it might be something for Fen to look into rather than Jax.

I have spent the last five or six hours with testing this issue. It appears to be very complex.

Things that influence how likely it is that the scripted events after the start work correctly include the FM loader, the OS, the placement of the scripts and whether the path for the scripts is defined with the "uber_mod_path" variable (in cam_mod.ini; no idea whether it can be placed in other files, too). The "outcome" stays the same for every one of the FM loaders until one reboots. It may vary between different loaders used immediately one after another. Three different scripted events may fail independently of each other if scripts get loaded after all: Displaying text on signs (e.g., the plaque for a statue over an arch close to Sheila Jennings' Apartment, or the signs of the shops), the eerie Hammer sequence after leaving Garrett's home for the first time, and removing the blanket covering Sheila on her bed.

The problems did not occur with Windows 7 for me, but often with Windows 10 (Evaluation version 20H2, I think). It never happened with FMSel (from Thief 2 NewDark v1.27 made with T2Fix v 1.27d), but sometimes occurred with AngelLoader (v1.5.2), and often with NewDarkLoader (v1.7.0).

NewDarkLoader additionally has trouble handling the way language was set up in the FM archive, and possibly only when the game's language is not English. I do not think that this is actually NewDarkLoader's fault, but anyway... this causes more problems with NewDarkLoader, so we should currently not focus on that loader while trying to determine what could be done to make loading of the scripts more reliable.

Best results here (on Win10) were achieved with FMSel and up-to-date scripts in the OSM sub-folder in the game's main folder, and this path defined in cam_mod.ini with the "uber_mod_path" variable/line. That variable/line was set up automatically by T2Fix for me, AFAIK. In my case, the line read "uber_mod_path OSM".

Enough testing for today, I think.

@ Oversight

It would appear that this script issue can be resolved with the latest scripts, patch your T2 with the latest T2Fix (1.27d) and all should be good.

Just patched my T2Fix and EVERYTHING START WORKING AGAIN! Just how it should!
    Thanks everyone! Appreciate your help so much!

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 491419242526272829