TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: T2FM "Evirath's Misery" (July 25, 2008)

hm these texts are bothering me!
    i used the .str converter for creating it. and then it happens from time to time that a line leaves me without saying goodbye.
    in my version i only can read the german texts ingame so i didn't notice that some lines are gone.
    but i'm glad you are an inventive person and checked the .str. next time i'll take more care of them

thank you, Turcaill

This is great mission Turcaill. Nice easter egg .

I got only 3 secrets...

I'm looking forward to your new work...

Turcaill,

I pasted the text of Cedric's diary into ParchEd (a software used to create text for Thief) and the text is displayed correctly. What I noticed though, is that the fonts were different in ParchEd and ingame. It seems that the font difference shifts the text ingame and causes the lines disappear. It appears that if you used pbook (instead of pbook2) as Book Art for this diary, the text would be fine.

I finished the game and I really liked it. I managed to find only 3 secrets (like Aspirin) so I have to go back and do some more exploring. Very nice mission!
    Last edited by Vasmarok; 25th Jul 2008 at 20:36.

who are you?

Turcaill, I noticed you just joined this forum I just downloaded your first mission, but I wonder: Where are you from? Which country? ... and more....??? DO TÉLL!!!
    I'm só curious!
    I'm testing a FM right now, so I think I'll be playing your mission after a couple of days .... I'll be back, I'm sure ...

Gloria Creep
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

6 out of 11 secrets...

Anyone got a full list?

One thing I noticed is that near the beginning between the landlord and Franks bar, there is someone sleeping. How do we access him/her.

Also I did not need the big tree to get 'there' there is an alternate

Clearinghouse
    8 out of 11 secrets, 2175 of loot.

Edit: 9 out of 11
    Last edited by clearing; 26th Jul 2008 at 02:47.

stuck

Can't find a key to open the second gate. It's a small gate, kind of diagonal from Mr. Greed.

....... caropr

First THANK you for playing my mission! And for the very positive feedback you gave me.

Am amazed so many of you found the
    spoiler:
    "magic mushroom"
    regardless wich way you took

@ Gloria: I'm from Germany, Braunschweig. In fact i don't feel new in here cause last months I read loads of dromed-threads to finish my mission

@caropr:
    spoiler:
    just check the body of the unconscious Mr. Hansom
    Last edited by Turcaill; 26th Jul 2008 at 02:51.

Turcaill, thank you for a TOP mission. I too had a few crashes and frame rate problems but after downloading the revision all is well, and the mission is so good that it's a pleasure to restart. Plenty of secrets, hidden routes and many nice touches - and loved the magic mushroom and rooftop garden

Now I need some help.

Only have two objectives to go: Check Isabella and open the magically sealed door. I've read all diaries, think I have all keys and don't have a clue where to look next. There is mention of a chisel - is this the tool to open the door with the purple haze? Where is it?

Wouldn't ya know it. 30 seconds after posting I'm on my way again.

Had not tried the garden key on the boarded up gate in front of Hales place.

I'm having a wierd problem with this one - any save games I make after getting the sword will crash to desktop if I try to load them. Works GREAT right up to that point... Getting the sword itself doesn't do it, but sure as shine afterwards all my attempts at saves and reloads end up broken.

did you download a .zip with miseryRev.zip or without Rev?

we had some problems with the first version (just scroll up).

otherwise i have no idea what could cause this problem, there's nothing special with the sword.

Turcaill

O.O

I must be missing a nice portion of the mission, cause for the life of it i can't find Mr. Hans.

............ caropr

Clearinghouse

rope arrow bug

I pull out rope arrow and the rope stayed put

ah sry caropr...

as i wrote in my readme (you really should read it!) you HAVE to read some of the books. And obviously you forgot to read Mr. Greeds (weaponmerchant)

spoiler:
    just go upstairs and take a ladder to the 2nd floor, there is the book with some hints & reading this book triggers an event

Turcaill

Quote Originally Posted by Turcaill View Post
    did you download a .zip with miseryRev.zip or without Rev?
    With.

After more testing it seems to not be the sword, but something around the 12 minute mark. I can't use any savegames on this older than 12 minutes.

I've tried playing this mission twice now, both with and without the "rev" version, and I think the problem lies with the "Thief Guards", i.e. the guards all dressed in black. I start to notice framedrops as soon as I read the doctor's journal (as that action spawns a Thief Guard nearby) and the framerate drops to a crawl when I try to enter the double doors by the empty marketplace (which contains at least two Thief Guards). Also, they sound like Haunts, which I find to be very unsettling.

Like several others here, any attempts by me to reload save games made after reaching the aforementioned marketplace crash me to the desktop.

Hope this helps.

(I'm a long-time lurker that just signed up today. This is my first post here.)

Then sorry I can't help you in this case.
    The Rev.zip is 100% intact and none of my testers ad any problems with crashes or damaged savefiles (or they just didn't tell me).
    I'm wondering a bit that 90% seem to be able to play the actual version without any troubles and a few of are you not.
    Maybe one with more knowledge about progs/errors can help you out, cause in fact i'm just an author not a computer scientist and this isn't the first mission ever that causes this problems.

Turcaill

ps.: Welcome to the forum Unkillable Cat

pps.: the voices are meant to sound like haunts, they are "zombiefied" persons

BANNED
    Turcaill, for this to be your first fan mission ever, I salute you!

It is absolutely fantastic in every way. Thank you once again.

d. Dec 2017
    Thank you Turcaill for this beautiful mission, and WELCOME to the forums.

At first I had an extremely slow frame rate, so, as suggested, I reinstalled it into my missions folder. It is working perfectly now.

Question: In Doc JJ's basement there is a switch to frob on the side of a large cabinet...which seems to be unfrobbable. Do I need to do something else to trigger this?

Your 1st mission.....??? WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Turcaill View Post
    great you found the

spoiler:
    "magic mushroom"

keep on looking for the secrets
    I found it too, but I didn't use any trees to get there.

The geldhaidia book does not show all of the words when viewed in the game.
    Last edited by john9818a; 26th Jul 2008 at 14:18.

hehe, thanks again to all of you!

the switches in doc's basement are just deco,
    spoiler:
    the "secret passage" isn't "secret" anymore cause someone found it before garrett

Quote Originally Posted by shadows View Post
    it's difficult trying to jump to the switch and press it before falling down, because if you twist around on the rope arrow you're 'bumped' down by the tree.
    I climbed up to the opposite statue, turned around facing the other, moved as far left as I could, and leaned left. From there I was able to shoot the button with a water arrow.

btw how do I get into the building across from the weapon shop?
    Last edited by john9818a; 26th Jul 2008 at 14:52.

Turcaill: Thanks for the welcome. Just to be clear here, I don't see a single problem with the mission (besides the technical one) and must congratulate you on a job well done. The only criticism, if any, was that I felt it was too easy to find some of the secrets. By the time I reached the aforementioned marketplace, I had found at least 6 secrets, including the Chisel. It was just as if some places told me "I have a secret, can you find it?"

EDIT: To add to the above discussion:
    spoiler:
    I picked up the crate outside Sheriff Hagen's side entrance, dropped it on top of the table, climbed up and had a clear shot at the button from there.

hehe yes, it was my intention to make some secrets easier to locate than others. you know some for people who make a "run through" and some for people who do it "the sneaksie way"

and that you missed 5 of them makes me say: "oh I've hidden them well" ^^

Turi

the planned way to activate the button for the chisel:

spoiler:
    shot a ropearrow at the opposite plattform (yes there IS wood) and activate it with a mossarrow or broadhead if you have one

john, wich building do you mean? the citywatch?
    spoiler:
    it has 3 different entries, one is a secret passage

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast