TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: T2FM "Evirath's Misery" (July 25, 2008)

Where is Isabella?

I've been around this place so many times, but I still can't find her

Keeper of FMs
    Acolyte6, re: Isabella
    Have you opened the locked bedroom downstairs in the Keeper's house?

If you have not you need the Builder's Chisel.

good morning!

a I see you were very buisy

first congrats to cattamer & shadows, I'm amazed you found so many secrets! And of course I've got not problem with your list shadows^^

pwl: no there is no diary in the mission, just the little "trap" & the letter to G.

Loot: 2700 is exact (I'll give you a complete loot/secretlist soon okay? )

@ ps cattamer: don't be so overeager in finding those little "rough egdes", otherwise I' ll have to engage you for betatesting next time

@ Haplo: idk, this one is not a fault of my mission *grin*

@ Velvet Paw: There actually is no need for climbing any roof & there's nothing to find
    spoiler:
    except a letter from me

Thanks again, I'm glad you had some fun with my little debut-feature

&....

Quote Originally Posted by pavlovscat View Post
    Acolyte6, re: Isabella
    Have you opened the locked bedroom downstairs in the Keeper's house?

If you have not you need the Builder's Chisel.
    Oh Noooooo-oh!

There's one of those too? Hate to ask Where would that be?

I think you'll just have to check up the spoilers in this thread or this one:

spoiler:
    read the diary of Mr. Greed, he owned one but it's gone check the garden where Mrs. Greed was killed

New Spoil Question

The dbl doors with the pink mist flowing beneath them... Anybody..? know where the key is??

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    Oh Noooooo-oh!

There's one of those too? Hate to ask Where would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Why does the objectives screen say "Torner Island"?
    DarkLoader or GarrettLoader seems to have failed to remove some files of "Torner Island" after the last time you played it.

Solution:
    1. uninstall this mission
    2. clean up your Thief installation as the FAQ instructs you to do in section "Clean up of files"
    3. reinstall the mission and retry.

hi! sorry, i cant play it, the guards are in a crucified posse, i downloaded many scripts but it & i cpied it in the thiefdirectory & dont works!

what are the lastest scripts? help pls!
    Last edited by unreal_taffer; 27th Jul 2008 at 07:50.

unreal_taffer, you probably didn't patch your game or your installation got corrupted somehow. I suggest you try to patch your game first and if that doesn't help, reinstall the Thief game and patch again.

Acolyte6...hrm you ask for the SAME thing three times ^^ just follow the spoilers...

Turcaill

SinisterShadow, what patch? post plz

i played as well many another good & famous missions without any problem

Well, that depends on your edition of Thief.

If you've got the english version, try this one:
    http://support.eidosinteractive.com/...loaditemid=158

If it won't let you play and only asks you to insert your CDROM into your drive although it's in there, this might be the wrong patch.

Try another version from The Circle then:
    http://www.thief-thecircle.com/media/patches/

You need a patch for Thief 2 - The Metal Age, not the one for "Thief 1 - Dark Project", and not the one for "Thief Deadly Shadows" either.

O.O

Thanks Turcaill and you all guys for your answers.

I'm pretty sure i read all books so far, including Mr. Greeds one. located somewhat under his bed
    From there is went to Dr. J house, knocked the mean guy out, found a guy fixed to the bedroom ceiling, prolly Dr. J, got his key, went to garden, got the chisel, but still can't find a way to open that gate. I think I maybe described it wrong. I didn't refer to the garden, I meant that gate south from the fountain and NW from Mr. Greed

Btw, love the horse!

.... caropr

Found it! when i loaded game again guard was floating and i could see and get the key. Couldn't see a key on him while he was knocked out on the floor.
    Last edited by caropr; 27th Jul 2008 at 11:39. Reason: found it!!!!!

Great mission, Turcaill - hard to believe this is your 1st release!
    Very big on (IMO) two of the most important aspects: Story & Immersion. Also really liked the way you packed so much into a moderate area - great stuff
    Tough secrets! Found 7 myself - thanx, shadows, for 3 more.

One thing - was there a clue that the switch in Hansom's office opened a gate in the sewers? Only got it thanx to hints from several people here. And have to say it seemed too much of a mechanical stretch...

Very enjoyable & very challenging - really looking forward to your next one

Keeper of FMs
    Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    The dbl doors with the pink mist flowing beneath them... Anybody..? know where the key is??
    Hint:
    You can find it in the Garden.

Big Hint:
    Rope up & look for a switch near a statue.

Spoil:
    One statue platform has a wooden edge. Rope up onto it. Look across at the other statue. You should be able to hit the switch with a broadhead. That will open the hidden compartment with the Chisel.

@Turcaill,

Thank you for creating such an immersible mission with cleverly hidden but well hinted secrets and without distracting elements.

I mentioned those rough edges for the case if you ever update the mission, they were small glitches that never affected the gameplay.

Thank for the mission once more.

Hi
    They are in the garden of the 2 statues. They are salted in the forehead statue, I have pulled any arrow towards the push-button but it does not succeed nothing, suggestions?
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 27th Jul 2008 at 21:08.

hm...you should take an earlier save and try again???

maybe it helps if you read some of the spoilers in this thread.

spoiler:
    if the "found secret"-music plays, you should find an open secret door under the flower-plant

thx cattamer

Ok I have resolved and concluded the FM, great mission, it compliments to Turcaill

wow, I must have grown quite the thick skull... I can't even get into the city!
    I'm looking for the sewer key at the digger's place, but can't find anything.
    also, I read something about a rope arrow or a ladder by where the equipment is, but I have no idea where that should be - and what does the switch in Frank's storeroom do?
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 27th Jul 2008 at 21:09. Reason: added spoiler cover

hehe, be patient Mr. Munkeepants

spoiler:
    check the floor in Dick's place, there's a note which gives you a vague hint where his key may have gone. (did you hear a door snap when entering his room? )

uhm the lever? just to make some light so you can see your equippment i think

spoiler:
    and there IS a second switch which is a secret but not relevant to the mission itself

don't try a run through, sometimes you'll have to check some places twice

Turcaill

RoofGazing @ Turcaill's Note :-)

I found your note, but I also found a secret door to the east behind the wooden structure in the first pic. The 2nd pic shows the door circled in red. Is it possible to get to that door?

.............Shoot, how do I add a converted (to .jpg) & minimized dump.pcx to This or any thread here?

* I'll send them to you Turcaill for evaluation... *

Oh yeah, What door does the "very rusty key" open?

& where is the East gate to end the game?
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 27th Jul 2008 at 21:10.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMunkeepants View Post
    I'm looking for the sewer key at the digger's place, but can't find anything.
    also, I read something about a rope arrow or a ladder by where the equipment is, but I have no idea where that should be - and what does the switch in Frank's storeroom do?
    Yeah I had a similar problem looking for that sewer key myself because that key is in a house where the door isn't frobable until you have collected your equipment from Frank's place - i didn't expect this so it really got me confused.

One of the switches in the storeroom, switches on the light above you, but it's very dim and i was wondering what it did too.
    Last edited by Nightwalker; 27th Jul 2008 at 21:11.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Nice little mission, especially for a first try.
    I've been stuck for a while just because I missed one single switch. Found 10 out of 11 secrets and no easter eggs (damn).

Keep up the good work Turcaill

Turcaill, thanks for this amazing and engaging mission! I can hardly believe this is your first release since both the story and architecture are first rate.

I tried ghosting it and ended up with 6/11 secrets and 2118 loot, then I went crazy with my blackjack and got 9/11 secrets and a 2445 loot. I tried hard, so the stuff is well hidden - a bit annoying.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast