TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM: Keeper Investigations (8/6/08)

"For the Love of the Game"

How I open the big wood door that there is in the plaza with the statue, in the second location?
    Thanks a lot in advance.
    Last edited by Angelot; 2nd Sep 2008 at 01:53.

If you're talking about the gate next to Owen's shop, then you'll need the "Western Gate Key" to be found inside the Hammerite Church.

Thank you friend.

... and how I enter in the church, if the gate to access the church (that with the hammerite watch in front, in the place with the fountain?) is closed?

To get inside the Hammerite church:

Go back to the small plaza with the keeper fountain in the middle. Take a look at the huge brick building next to the gate, the house is mentioned on the map as "Lady Vorns Appartement".
    If you look carefull, you'll notice an open window on one of the balconies. Use a rope arrow to get up there and then the way should be obvious.

That balcony to the left didn't have him really seen! I looked that to the right and I wondered how to climbit, considering that it doesn't have wood around. Ok, thanks, I go before...
    Thanks again!

Ghost
    Is there any way to get into the room in the submarine base that leads to the room with the safe with the blueprints -- other than by waltzing through the unlocked door into the brightly lit room with a guard staring directly at the door?

I'm working on a ghost, and this just stops me cold; it appears utterly unghostable, even though the rest of the mission has been completely ghostable. Have I missed something?

Thanks,

Dafydd

Ghost
    Geez, I didn't mean to kill the thread!

Dafydd

Quote Originally Posted by Dafydd View Post
    Is there any way to get into the room in the submarine base that leads to the room with the safe with the blueprints -- other than by waltzing through the unlocked door into the brightly lit room with a guard staring directly at the door?

I'm working on a ghost, and this just stops me cold; it appears utterly unghostable, even though the rest of the mission has been completely ghostable. Have I missed something?

Thanks,

Dafydd
    Strange...when I play it, the guy that you mentioned has his back to the door, he faces the workbench.

Ghost
    Haplo, boy that sure would have changed things!

I also had trouble ghosting the Mechanists' joint... the guard standing in the nave is too far back, and I can't get past him in the brightly lit church to get to where the Mechanist info is found.

I finally had to give up the ghost and just KO (or kill) everybody. Dag. Even then, I can't find enough loot to finish.

Dafydd

Could someone please point me in the direction of the key to the door in the inventor's house?

The key can be found here:

Atan's house has a small inner courtyard. Look carefull at the socket of the statue inside the courtyard.

Thank you - I knew my eyes were getting worse!

Finished! Very nice mission intruder and looking forward to the next part.
    Last edited by nickie; 12th Oct 2008 at 05:39.

Western Gate

OK I'm a dunce - but where is the key for the western gate?

The key can be found here:
    Small hint: In the Hammerite church

Big hint: In the Hammerite church, at the belt of the Hammerite standing next to the altair

Keeper of FMs
    I complement you on the reworking of Dawn of a New Age. It is much improved and the city feels more lived in. The only thing I missed was climbing out of the window by the telescope onto the Hammer's roof. But, the new solution is also a good one and fits the mission well.

I'm off to start on Ocean Freight now.

Yes, I had mixed feelings while taking it out. But I discovered that this was the reason for the Scene Complexity Error always appearing when looking from the end of the cemetry towards the church.

I really enjoyed the first mission too. I'm off to start the next one now!

haha okay i'm not as stupid as i thought^^ i tried to find the way from the astronomer's flat but found the window solid -.-

any hint please? i can't find a way...

Turcaill

Turcaill:
    Use the telescope, it will bring up a secret way to the Hammerites.

oh well i used it but nothing happened...no sound no "dingdangdong" for found secret or something...did i miss something obvious?

thx, Turcaill

If you frob the telescope, the bed should begin to move and a passage should appear which was hidden beneath the bed. I never had someone where it didn't work...

EDIT:
    Maybe try this:
    It could be possible that the bed can't move if you stand between the bed and the table with the telescope. So frob the telescope when not standing between both furniture.

öhm...hm dann bin ich wohl buggy^^

ich installier nochmal die scripte und versuchs erneut ...danke für den hinweis!

Turcaill

@Turcaill:

[german]
    Du brauchst kein Script neuinstallieren oder ähnliches. Das Bett ist eine Geheimtür aus der normalen Thief 2 Objekthierarchie, nur mit dem Aussehen eines Bettes. Will heißen, es wird das StdDoor Script genutzt, kein von mir oder anderen Autoren gebautes Script.
    [/german]

hm ne sry, funzt garnix. das bett will sich nich bewegen, selbst wen G. aufem tisch hockt *g
    naja ich starte denn nochmal neu, leider kann ich die erste missie auch nich überspringen, hab die ja schonmal durch

aber denn erst morgääähn. ich melde mich, falls es wieder nich klappen sollte

guts nächtle

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast