TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Thief 2 FM: Keeper Investigations (8/6/08)

You can skip the mission either using this strange combination of keys or you alter the missflag.str file. Replace the line miss_20: "no_briefing, no_loadout" with miss_20: "skip" and you are ready to begin with the 2nd mission.
    But I can't explain why the door isn't working. Do you have custom doors or door scripts installed?
    Last edited by intruder; 12th Nov 2008 at 17:29.

Can someone please direct me to the Battery Acid?

@Lightningline:

On the bottom of the seafloor there is a dead Mechanist diver. Next to him there's a locked chest.

Additional hint:
    You need the "Cargo Key" to open the chest.

Thanks Nice mission set !!

ok, I give up. I am at the very beginning. WTF, am I supposed to have a rope arrow, or what?

Go for a swim.

Just in case that's not enough: There's a ladder you can climb at one end of the canal that will take you up to the top of the tower where you'll find some equipment.

I took a swim, but didn't notice the ladder. Thanks a bunch!

BTW, so I don't sound like such a moron...I am playing on an LCD in a room WELL lit by sunlight, (even w/the shades drawn) so the details are a bit tough to make out.
    Last edited by gunsmoke; 13th Nov 2008 at 14:13.

I started this mission again in your 3 mission pack. Goddamnit, can't complete the first one! I was doing smooth and perfect until i've explored everything... and missing 44 or 46 loot. Like that i wasted 4-5hours just looking for the extra under-50-loot and came up completely empty. Youre torturing me! I'm sure i've explored even the places that weren't meant to be explored and even made my game crash from the great views several times and again ran through the map carefully atleast 3 times. NOTHING! Argh...
    I must be missing some kind of secret passage or stepped on to a bug... well, i hope you, intruder, or another expert of your map could help me out, cause i really will never give up on that map finishing the fair way now, even if it means not playing the next 4 (2 atm.) FMs... stubborn? Perhaps. Cause? Wasted time that wants to be reasoned so that it's not really that wasted.
    Oh and i have all gems with me like puppies...

Thor out...

Edit: More about my mental stage even though nobody should care but i still want to post it lol - i found a reason to feel that time not wasted. It was a great sacrifice to my first ever-played Fan Mission (well, besides T2X which i'd really like to count in for the big stories - TDP, TMA...).

P.S. I couldn't really bear the loot-list aswell, since my memory only rememebers from 20-50% of info or less.

P.S.S. Where exactly is Keeper's House? I'm not sure i know such a place. But i should now... wtf.
    Last edited by Thor; 26th Dec 2008 at 18:35.

P.S.S. Where exactly is Keeper's House? I'm not sure i know such a place. But i should now... wtf.
    The house is the first one you can see, when you open the Western Gate. It has a Keeper door and inside, in the reading room, a Keeper tabletop.

Hard to say what loot you missed but maybe you should take a look here:

1. at the fountain inside the hammerite area (there are 4 single coins)
    2. beneath the roof of the Mechanits church belltower, on the woodbeam supporting the bell

and make sure to open the toolbox inside Atan Warwicks house.

Quote Originally Posted by intruder View Post
    The house is the first one you can see, when you open the Western Gate. It has a Keeper door and inside, in the reading room, a Keeper tabletop.

Hard to say what loot you missed but maybe you should take a look here:

1. at the fountain inside the hammerite area (there are 4 single coins)
    2. beneath the roof of the Mechanits church belltower, on the woodbeam supporting the bell

and make sure to open the toolbox inside Atan Warwicks house.
    Been there, done that, a loong time ago...

But recently (nope, haven't given up infact energy is regenerating itself, but the willpower is pretty dead now, yeah) i found 2 more coins at the fountain even though before i went around atleast 3 times in the circle frobbing all the time and not frobbing it up. Heh. That makes it 1566 loot. still need 34. Where the hell has it been hidden!

Edit: Ran through the hammerite section part again. Nothing.

P.S. Thanks for the reply, author.
    Last edited by Thor; 26th Dec 2008 at 19:35.

It seems as you missed a lot of loot. There is more than 3000 in this mission.

Places where you'll find plenty of loot:

*Hammerite church (high priest chamber, altair, servant quarter)
    *Mechanist church (top of belltower, side corridors)
    *Owen's shop (1st floor in the shelves)
    *City Watch tower [next to the pub]

Spots that you might missed:

*Keeper House, kitchen, above the sink on the shelve: fine wine
    *right where you start in the water ditch to your right: gemstone
    *in front of Lord Manders estate, there is a small house, use a rope arrow to get into the second floor (footlocker), then jump on the balcony next to the house and get inside there (chest)
    *gold nugget in the Hammerite forge, on a table

It seems as you missed a lot of loot. There is more than 3000 in this mission.

Places where you'll find plenty of loot:

*Hammerite church (high priest chamber, altair, servant quarter)
    *Mechanist church (top of belltower, side corridors)
    *Owen's shop (1st floor in the shelves)
    *City Watch tower [next to the pub]

Spots that you might missed:

*Keeper House, kitchen, above the sink on the shelve: fine wine
    *right where you start in the water ditch to your right: gemstone
    *in front of Lord Manders estate, there is a small house, use a rope arrow to get into the second floor (footlocker), then jump on the balcony next to the house and get inside there (chest)
    *gold nugget in the Hammerite forge, on a table
    Nonono i mispelled. I had 3566 loot. XD

Seems like i've been everywhere u said and found nothing. I might keep looking.

Edit: OMG! YAY!!! Finallyyy... Went into Keepers hosue another time, tried to frob the last pixels possible. The remaining treasure were over a bookshelf, that was extreemly near the ceiling. Anyway - AHAHAH - ALL LOOT FOUND! All 3818 of 3818. I'll probably never forget this torturing number.
    Thanks for the great map. Now - onto the Ocean Freight!
    Last edited by Thor; 27th Dec 2008 at 06:17.

Deep Sea Hemet?

Can someone give me a hint as to where it is?

Deep Sea Helmet

its ok, I got the answer from another thread on this site...thanks.

Finished this mini-campaign a couple of days ago and enjoyed it immensely. The first two missions were nice, classic Thief action, just the way I like it, and the third was different in an interesting, puzzle-solving kind of way. Apart from special missions like A Thief's Holiday, I can't remember when was the last time I played a FM without a single enemy!

Excellent work overall - I'm really looking forward to the last two missions!

I am having trouble entering the Hammerite area.

I arrived at the square near a tavern. There is a statue there which has a plaque telling me to look high in the sky to see the way. Other postings in this thread indicate I have to shoot a rope arrow into a windowsill to the left of the gate which is guarded by a Hammerite on each side. So I shot my arrow there and climbed onto the large crate below the windowsill.

However, I was unable to mantle into the open window, no matter where I shot the rope arrow into the windowsill. However, twice I was able to jump off the rope and towards the battlements above the gate, and could even mantle up, but I was unable to get down on the other side except for dropping down and taking a lot of damage. Trying to jump and mantle onto the pipes on the opposite wall did not work, I just fell down.

Is any of these two ways of getting behind the gate the right one at all? And if so, which one?

Master Builder 2018
    baeuchlein - Here is a screenshot showing the window you need to enter. There is a flower box in front of the window. Place a rope arrow into the front of the flower box, climb it and mantle the flower box and you will be through. It sometimes helps to shoot the arrow from a distance rather than under that window near the crate. This will give you a bit better placement of the arrow and allow you to mantle up more easily.

The first time i got over that place i think i didn't even notice the windowsill. I wanted to get to the ledge on the other side of the gate. So i shot a rope arrow on the original windowsill your talking about and just jumped over that gate wall (or mantled on it, don't remember) and there you have it. You can either jump it down on the othersideand hit yourself (or not?) a little or go to the other ledge and there will be a path less dangerous...

Also, you can get to the place with the windowsill later after you've pwnt Hammerite area. If i remember correctly, it was my way back.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    There is a flower box in front of the window. Place a rope arrow into the front of the flower box, climb it and mantle the flower box and you will be through. It sometimes helps to shoot the arrow from a distance rather than under that window near the crate. This will give you a bit better placement of the arrow and allow you to mantle up more easily.
    Thanks for the screenshot. Without it, I would certainly have given up, especially since shooting an arrow into the front of the flower box (which I assumed was the windowsill I was talking about) did not do anything good, even after I knew that this indeed was the way to go. Whether I shot the arrow from before the crate or from behind the statue did not matter, I could never mantle up.

Instead, I climbed onto the crate standing before the opposite wall, below a window with a partially open curtain (a possible exit from the Hammer area, as I discovered later). From there I shot a rope arrow into the side of the flower box. After several shots I manage to land an arrow in a spot which allowed me to mantle up onto the flower box (after several tries) and finally enter the window.
    I really hope this will be the only spot in the mission where advancement is so difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor02 View Post
    i shot a rope arrow on the original windowsill your talking about and just jumped over that gate wall (or mantled on it, don't remember) and there you have it.
    That must have been the other route across the gate I mentioned in my earlier post.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor02 View Post
    Also, you can get to the place with the windowsill later after you've pwnt Hammerite area. If i remember correctly, it was my way back.
    I think the way back the author intended might be the one where you travel through the sewers below the area and emerge in a building to the right of the iron gate. It's the one with the partially-opened curtain, but you can only leave the Hammerite area through it, not enter it.

Going to the place with the flower box should be possible once you're inside the Hammer compound.

There is one (intended) way to get into the Hammerite area:

Using a rope arrow on the window with the flower box

...and two (intended) ways to get back:

the rope arrow you used to get in, or the sewers you already mentioned

I hope this part of the mission was not too stressful for you and you could enjoy it after all.

I hope this part of the mission was not too stressful for you and you could enjoy it after all.
    Well, this was the only spot so far where I guessed right about what I should do but could not get that done. I think I'll survive it.

However, I'm stuck once again. This time I am looking for some information about what the Mechanists are up to, as one of the objectives tells me. I have searched the Mechanist church (behind the West gate) but could not find anything there. One of the towers was inaccessible, but I guess that's intended.

I did not find the information in the inventor's house or near the submarine either.
    What did I miss here?

Master Builder 2018
    My memory might be faulty but I think what you are looking for is in fact in the church. On the first floor, there is a sort of hallway on each side of the main room. At the end one of these hallways (toward the altar) there is a table with some scrolls (I think). One of these is what you need.

Tannar is right. You'll find a scroll in the right hallway in the Mechanist church on a table, it is labeled "Mechanist Projects".

Thank you again. Your answers brought me on the right track again.

I had already taken that scroll, but at the time was being chased by a Mechanist, so I forgot to actually read the scroll. These Mechanists should be forbidden...

On to Ocean Freight!

Sir, it looks smashing! When I return to my own PC I shall download it and play it at once! I love fan missions with Hammerites (dispite the fact I have created 2 Mechanist missions with another hopefully on the way) and I look forward to looting the Builder's house.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast